Formula one 2009 (1 Viewer)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You have to give all respect to Richard Branson though. This guy very rarely makes wrong decisions. He sponsored the hottest team in Formula 1 and there's talks about him wanting to buy the team now. I am sure he will make a great partnership with Ross, a man that knows Forumal 1 very well.

Ross Brawn is the bollocks, he was the brains during the Ferraris high times and with this partnership with Sir Richard Branson looks very promising. And Jack, Lewis Hamilton got lucky with his 4th place but the boy is a superb driver. He just aint got the car tuned yet. Still wanna see Alonso at ferrari next season as Santander are joining the Ferrari too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Ross Brawn is the bollocks, he was the brains during the Ferraris high times and with this partnership with Sir Richard Branson looks very promising. And Jack, Lewis Hamilton got lucky with his 4th place but the boy is a superb driver. He just aint got the car tuned yet. Still wanna see Alonso at ferrari next season as Santander are joining the Ferrari too.
true mate.

i don't see alonso going to ferrari next year. massa isn't leaving and kimi has contract for 2 years i think. in addition to that alonso is so self-centered, he can't co-exist with kimi or massa in the same team...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
true mate.

i don't see alonso going to ferrari next year. massa isn't leaving and kimi has contract for 2 years i think. in addition to that alonso is so self-centered, he can't co-exist with kimi or massa in the same team...

I heard that Santander might be willing to pay out the rest of Kimi's contract for Alonso to join next season.

My friends brother works at marinello and helps design the new chasis for the cars. He often leaks out info that goes around the garage.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I heard that Santander might be willing to pay out the rest of Kimi's contract for Alonso to join next season.

My friends brother works at marinello and helps design the new chasis for the cars. He often leaks out info that goes around the garage.
I don't think that Alonso can co-exist with Massa. Massa is a good driver and Alonso will start behaving arrogantly like he did in McLaren with Hamilton. Alonso wants someone like fisichella or piquet as a team-mate just like schumacher wanted.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
true mate.

You're only wishing Alonso won't come to Ferrari because the combination will make your Hamilton look like a sissy boy more than he actually is.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
There aint no doubt about it when it comes down to driver ability that alonso is better than Hamilton.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Fanatastic race today, so happy for Button he really deserves it for all that he has been through!

Felt so sorry for Vettel and Kubica, both very talented drivers and were both a little too committed today, when a more experienced driver would have backed off.

I wouldn't say Kubica was at fault for the accident, it was 50/50. Vettel broke too early giving Kubica the advantage and racing line but Kubica in turn didn't allow enough space for Vettel and so a crash was unavoidable!

I don't think that Alonso can co-exist with Massa. Massa is a good driver and Alonso will start behaving arrogantly like he did in McLaren with Hamilton. Alonso wants someone like fisichella or piquet as a team-mate just like schumacher wanted.
Why can't Alonso exist with Massa? because of what happened at McLaren?

I would look deeper as to the reason why things didn't work out at McLaren for Alonso. He was promised that he would be the number 1 driver and would get the best mechanics that McLaren had to offer, but as soon as Hamilton performed suddenly McLaren put all of their attention towards Hamilton providing him with the number 1 mechanics.

If I was in Alonso's shoes I would be pretty pissed!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
It was all Vettels fault. He even said taht himself. A shame. Kubica could've won. He was the quickest driver in the end.

I still can't believe the hype around Brawn Racing and it will be interesting, how much their construction or the outcome of the race is effected by the FIA Comitee's decision on 14th April

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What hype can't you believe? That they are a new team that got pole position and a 1-2 in the first race of the season? There's no more hype about that, it's a fact that you have to accept.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
True, but as far as I can see, they have a construction that is not allowed (in German its called Difusion), which makes them quicker than the other team. If that turns out to be illegal, this win is history. Also, its just the first race. We will have to see, how good Brawn really is, once Ferrari, BMW and McLaren will have a competitable car!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't see anyone expecting anything from the team, only impressed. I think Button and Rubens are good drivers, Brawn knows Formula 1 and Branson a successful business man, in fact I rate him as a genius business man. What will the combination bring? I prefer not to speculate.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Mateschitz from Red Bull is a genius business man too, he had a top constructor with Newey and how many races have they won.....?
So, it really doesn't depend on the owner. I agree, that the package is right, and they will surley win a few races, but as long as the result is not confirmed, I am not amazed nor impressed. Honda a building on this car since middle of last season I guess. Its nice to have a new face in the F1, but nothing is confirmed yet. If they have to change the construction, they will loose at least half of a second, which means Ferrari and BMW would be on the same level....

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Do not forget that Toyota and Williams are using the same system as Brawn and they outperformed them.

Nobody is saying that Brawn are suddenly the best team, but to come from nowhere within less than a couple of months with barely any testing, and win your first race is extremely impressive.

Of course during the season especially the second half it is likely that McLaren and Ferrari will come back, but for the time being I am enjoying a new team bringing a fresh change to the sport.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
what the bloody fucking fuck happened today....:( :(
massa and kimi not competitive at all....kers works shit....
brawn wont last long
and about sad statue....hamilton is just a fucking lucky cunt....
comparing to kimis or alonsos driving skills he's nothing....
but his neverending luck makes him look like a super driver :shifty:

May 22, 2007
KERS worked pretty well I felt to help our drivers keep up to speed. It was clear that the Ferrari had lost its main pace from last season because of all the changes. Unfortunate that they both (Felipe + Kimi) had to retire though because it was looking quite good for them early on.

Sep 1, 2002
You have to give all respect to Richard Branson though. This guy very rarely makes wrong decisions. He sponsored the hottest team in Formula 1 and there's talks about him wanting to buy the team now. I am sure he will make a great partnership with Ross, a man that knows Forumal 1 very well.
He's been sporting a goatee for years: bad decision.

Car racing: only marginaly more interesting than watching paint dry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)