Formula One 2008 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
Australia could lose its Grand Prix
03 February 2008

According to Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone F1 could pull out of Australia after having raced 'Down Under' for the past 25 years. Ecclestone has said Australia is not paying enough and he prefers to host the Australian Grand Prix at night.

"Maybe we don't want to be in Australia,'' Ecclestone told The Sunday Telegraph. "Our costs are very high in Australia and we get a lot less money. It's bloody bad for us. We've got quite a few places on the list which would like to have Formula One and, as it seems your guy (Victorian Premier John Brumby) down there doesn't want Formula One, we can make him happy and make the other people happy.''

That would royally suck. Australia is a great place to have a GP. I think he is doing this because of the European viewers, not because of costs.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i hope it stays its a great track and a great venue theres so many fans i love going there. it would be a real shame

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Wow Jack, that's really nice and actually useful. You even got the resolution right. :toast:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I can change the resolutions according to demand. The thing is I have a nicer idea but it is a bit more difficult to execute.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

The race was too early for me to watch it. Can anyone give some short review, impressions on cars, etc.?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i dont know how well i know about the cars n stuff but i was impressed by the Williams car. The Mercs were really stable all over the race, Lewis wasn't challenged much but he kept his cool when the yellow flags were out. Kovalianen had a good exchange towards the end with alonso that alonso came out on top. The Renault wasn't bad but not up to speed with Ferrari and Mcclaren.

The Ferrari's both went out which is a real shame but i thought Kimi's car was looking alright but hes the one that was too eager and harmed it too much. Overall it was disappointing because it was touted to being much better over the whole three days but it didn't deliver.

Should be an interesting season with the usual suspects, the BMWs stepping up and Alonso making ppl look over their shoulders. Also that new guy did well for toro rosso or something.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is going to be an exciting year, with Williams, BMW and Renault desperate fight for positions 3 - 6
Toyota dissapoints one more year, they better quit F1
Mclaren seems to have the edge for now and Hamilton seems to be very reliable as a driver, Mclaren seemed to be the fastest car overall and they seem not be any affected from the new rules. Their traction control seems to be, as effective as ever, i hope they are not cheating again...
Ferrari seem to suffer with reliability problems again,
the unlucky Raikonnen was all over and off the pitch, he tried for the best and thanx to Barichello's mistake and disqualification, he got a point in the end...

May 22, 2007
The Ferrari's both went out which is a real shame but i thought Kimi's car was looking alright but hes the one that was too eager and harmed it too much.
Looked like a Ferrari engine problem in the heat because Bourdais' car had a problem as well.

Gutting race really. Awful start to the season but its good to know that at least one McLaren struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)