Formula One 2008 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

It's not upsetting me at all, I doubt it's gonna be clear domination anyhow but Ferrari is superior, hands down. What is upsetting me is that I can't stand McLaren's first driver, I thought that ended with Hakinnen.

I am particulary looking forward to seeing Honda with Brawn and Alonso reunited with Renault.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
See what makes McLaren a disgusting team? Their choice of first drivers.

They dropped Prost to work with Sienna :yuck:

They dropped ALonso (although I don't like him) to work with Hamilton

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

See what makes McLaren a disgusting team? Their choice of first drivers.

They dropped Prost to work with Sienna :yuck:

They dropped ALonso (although I don't like him) to work with Hamilton
Right.

Senna was the greatest driver of the sport. Hamilton, though a ego-centrical prick, is an immensly talented driver with a bright future. Don't see how they're at fault here.

McLaren hired the Renault driver of last year, if they think he's the new Raikkonen their very wrong.
I think Heiki is rather good and we'll see how fast he really is in a competitive car.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Right.

Senna was the greatest driver of the sport. Hamilton, though a ego-centrical prick, is an immensly talented driver with a bright future. Don't see how they're at fault here.
Maybe they're not at fault and this is not what I said. These are reasons to make them a disgusting team, that's all. That and Ron Dennis (Formula 1's Moratti) is at their helm.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's not what I said either. Don't try to analyze what I'm saying because you have no idea where I am coming from.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I do. You're coming from some false sense of love & loyalty, Ferrari being in a crysis and Schumacher going to them and with blood, sweat and tears, together they get back on top. Right.. Schumacher had a hefty pay deal with Ferrari from day one and Ferrari had the potential and resources to get back to winning ways. There was no magic there, believe me.

Apr 15, 2006
I never mentioned conspiracy, the verdict wanted them to be banned but they got a softer punishment, that's all to the story. No gsol and nothing of the sort.

Anyway, enough of this bullshit, we all know the progress Ferrari made over McLaren by the end of last season and we all know how this will continue. I am sorry to upset you but you will witness another "boring" Ferrari domination in 2008.
yup, thanks for making the sport boring, in advance!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I do. You're coming from some false sense of love & loyalty, Ferrari being in a crysis and Schumacher going to them and with blood, sweat and tears, together they get back on top. Right.. Schumacher had a hefty pay deal with Ferrari from day one and Ferrari had the potential and resources to get back to winning ways. There was no magic there, believe me.
When I mentioned Senna preferred over Prost, Schumacher was kicking ass in Go Kart, so your whole analysis is wrong. As I said, you have no idea where I am coming from so let it be.

May 22, 2007
A lot to comment on here!

Ferrari is a brand and an engine. The color of Ferrari's brand was traditionally red as we all know. McLaren is just a brand, without an engine. So the colors of McLaren's brand have always been directly influenced by sponsors or the engine manufacturer. Be it Marlboro's red & white or Mercedes' silver. Because of that your theory that McLaren doesn't hold to tradition because they change colors(like half the teams do BTW) simply doesn't hold water. You may not like teams that don't manufacture their engine, or God forbid change their colors, but without them there wouldn't be F1.

For that other part, :yawn: what are you gsol of F1?
McLaren have a policy of having equal treatment to both drivers, no matter what the circumstances. Earlier this year McLaren themselves said that they hired Heikki Kovalainen as their second driver. They are creaming themselves over Lewis.

The mature people don't care about these, it is tradition that matters when it comes to Ferrari fans. None of us wants to change the red and we don't think it's boring; actually, it is a pleasure that others see it boring, it is all part of the provocation.
Exactly. People who are successful are usually hated. Football teams, F1 team etc all fall into that.

Right.

Back to the rule of McLaren which is "equal treatment to both drivers". Last season, it was clear that the team as a whole disliked Alonso and strived to help Lewis more.

Maybe they're not at fault and this is not what I said. These are reasons to make them a disgusting team, that's all. That and Ron Dennis (Formula 1's Moratti) is at their helm.
Ron Dennis is one of the most useless men in the sport. He comes out saying that none of his team are up to shoddy work and that is then guiltily confessed by them later in that year. Comparing him with Todt is no match. Jean has an obvious class and sense about him. Last season, Schumi handed Ron the cup for the winning constructor in one of the races, so he laughed at him, openly. If it was Hakkinen in that place, I doubt Todt would have done the same.

I love the way that Ferrari smugly won all there was to win last season though. Ron's face after Interlagos was one of shock. I seriously need to put that video onto photobucket.

Lets do a quick little stat check then, because I feel up to it.

Michael Schumacher joined Ferrari in 1996. In the 1995 season he had won the drivers championship for the second time. Big pay deal basically guaranteed.

In 1995, Ferrari had come third in the constructors championship. In 1996 they came second. In 1995 they had Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger, two notably good drivers, and as a better team then Benneton, they don't beat Schumi. In 1996 they had Michael Schumacher and Eddie Irvine. One double world champion with an average team previously, one driver who had 11 points in the previous season. In 1996, Irvine scored 11 points out of the 70 that Ferrari had, and they improve from their previous season.

In 1997, Ferrari win 102 points. Michael Schumacher scores 78 points, Eddie Irvine getting himself 24. Ferrari take it to the wire for the drivers title they hadn't won in ages.

Ill continue.

Seasons - MS/EI or RB or FM
1996 - 59/11
1997 - 78/24
1998 - 86/47
1999 - 44/74 (although Schumi broke his leg in this season)
2000 - 108/62
2001 - 123/56
2002 - 144/77
2003 - 93/65
2004 - 148/114
2005 - 62/38
2006 - 121/80

Look at the numbers of points he has compared to his teammates each season. The only time he was beaten at Ferrari, he had a broken leg for part of the season. Also, look at how quickly both sets of numbers rose, long before the points revamp. The team hadn't been at the top of the constructors championship since 1982 and a driver for Ferrari hadn't won their respective competition since Jody Schecktor in 1979. After nearly 20 years of trying and no success, Michael comes in and does what no driver before him does, and he builds them up within 2 years to properly compete for silverware. He would have won the 1999 championship had it not been for the leg.

He then goes on to do what no other driver in the history of F1 has done before him, which is to win 5 drivers world championships in succession. He also breaks numerous records in that time which I really am not going to go into detail in.

He makes Ferrari a a dominant force, able to compete for championships, and when he leaves, they win another 2. His work wasn't just for his sake, but it continued through Ferrari even though they had got rid of two vital figures in Ross Brawn and Schumi.

Last season, everyone thought that McLaren were working wonders with Lewis and he is now all of a sudden, the next best thing. Wrong. McLaren cheated, used Ferrari data and that event overshadowed the whole of the season from a worldwide perspective. Look at how well they did that season. They were on course to win the constructors championship because they had made this good effort in all their work. Wrong. Ferrari's work. Then, once found out and punished, look at the downfall that McLaren had at the end of that season. They plummeted. Lewis failed at Brazil and Shanghai. He looked average, and the arrogant cunt was finally put in place. After sucking the skin off Ron Dennis' dick, the little boy was put in place and Ron Dennis felt the effects as well. Then, after the season is over, there is further news of McLaren lying, and cheating. Legal action taken. McLaren in no way had caught up with Ferrari. The core of Ferrari stayed in tact, the parts which were used to fill in fell apart, but we still dominated.

Schumi's work with Ferrari was basically genius. He put in extra hours with the team, he provided valuable information for tracks which no other driver had done in the past. He helped them with their jobs, and made life easier by giving his own opinion, rather than what they saw on the telemetery screen. He dedicated all his work to the team. Not once in the 10 years he was at Ferrari, did you ever see or hear him argue with his team, because he had become close to them. This is what the red is compared to the silver. The red is a warm colour, and people associated with it are more of a family in F1. The silver is a cold colour which has nasty effects, like the Ferrari data part.

What Michael Schumacher did for Ferrari is magic. The man is my idol. Ferrari had this so called money and potential you speak about, which they could have used ages ago. Fiat and Ferrari made cars, were selling, were making great profit. They don't impress eve though they had great drivers like Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger at the team. Rapid improvement with Schumi's arrival.

I'm not having a go at you by the way, I just hate it when people discredit what Schumacher did for Ferrari. Gets on my nerves. :p

Oh to hell with it, Schumi's records :D:

Number
1 Championship titles 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
2 Consecutive titles 5 (2000–2004)
3 Race victories 91
4 Consecutive wins [1] 7 (2004, Europe–Hungary)
5 Wins with one team 72 (Ferrari)
6 Wins at same GP 8 (France)
7 Wins at different GPs 22
8 Longest Time between first and last wins 14 years, 1 month and 2 days
9 Second places 43
10 Podiums (Top 3) 154
11 Consecutive podium finishes 19 (US 2001–Japan 2002)
12 Points finishes 190
13 Laps leading 4741 (22,155 km)[118]
14 Pole positions 68
15 Front row starts 115
16 Fastest laps 76
17 Doubles (Pole and win) 40
18 Perfect Score (Pole, fastest lap and win) 22
19 Championship points 1,369
20 Consecutive race finishes 24 (Hungary 2001–Malaysia 2003)
21 Points in a season for vice-champion 121 (From 180) (2006)
22 Wins in a season for vice-champion [2] 7 (2006)
23 Wins at Indy (Any racing class) 5
24 Wins at Monza (Formula One) 5
25 Wins in a season 13 (2004)
26 Fastest laps in a season [3] 10 (2004)
27 Points scored in a season 148 (2004)
28 Podium finishes in a season 17 (100%) (2002)
29 Championship won with most races left 6 (2002)
30 Consecutive years with a win 15 (1992–2006)
31 Consecutive days as champion 1813 (from 8 October 2000 until 25 September 2005)

yup, thanks for making the sport boring, in advance!
So if your McLaren were winning title after title effortlessly, you wouldn't find it boring. Have truth, we dominated beyond belief. What we did in that period basically broke what was humanly possible up to that point. What do you want us to do? Go slowly so all the other cars can catch up with us?

oh right... so Ferrari's team orders to let Schumi get ahead of Rubens doesnt make them disgusting huh?! :tdown:
McLaren stole, lied and cheated. We had our reasons for doing that, which was to let the man in form and who was dominating win the championship which we craved for so long. Your reason is that you weren't quick enough.

Wow I wrote a lot. Nobody feel offended if I seemed harsh. I usually do when it comes to this.

Oh, and an article:

Schumacher impressed with new Ferrari

MADONNA DI CAMPIGLIO, Italy (AFP) — Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher gave his stamp of approval to the new F2008 Ferrari on Friday.

Speaking from Ferrari's joint press event with Ducati here, the now-retired record-breaking driver gave his assessment of the world champions' new car.

"Every year it's the same story, the car is very promising," he said.

"Obviously right now we don't have all the pieces in place and when you take a car out of the garage you need to make sure that all the systems are working, that there are no stupid mistakes. You need to make sure everything's ok.

"Like I said, it is as promising as we expected. To see where we are we need to see where our rivals are before we will know for sure if the car is good or bad."

Schumacher retired at the end of the 2006 season after a glittering career during which he broke almost every record in Formula One.

Now he works as a special consultant for Ferrari and occasionally even takes part in testing.

His exact role in the team has also been clarified after being a little vague a year ago.

"Now everything is clear. My role was new and it was not clear at first but now it has been properly defined.

"My job is to work on the development of the car and on the sporting management side."

Smug.

Oh, and thanks for making this a sticky.

Oh, and Fisichella has signed for Force India. I like that team.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

McLaren have a policy of having equal treatment to both drivers, no matter what the circumstances. Earlier this year McLaren themselves said that they hired Heikki Kovalainen as their second driver. They are creaming themselves over Lewis.

Back to the rule of McLaren which is "equal treatment to both drivers". Last season, it was clear that the team as a whole disliked Alonso and strived to help Lewis more.
Yes they are creaming themselves over Lewis and I really don't like it nor do I like him. The season didn't even start, you can't possibly comment on how they treated Kovaleinen.

Though I was on Alonso's side last season, because I immensly dislike Hamilton, you can't say Alonso is an easy driver to please. He wants everything working for him and having a competitive driver doesn't go for him. If the whole team was for Hamilton it wasn't just because of Hamilton but because of Alonso's behaviour. Besides, when it came to is, Alonso himself, in the end, admitted he always had a competitive car.

Lets do a quick little stat check then, because I feel up to it.

Michael Schumacher joined Ferrari in 1996. In the 1995 season he had won the drivers championship for the second time. Big pay deal basically guaranteed.

In 1995, Ferrari had come third in the constructors championship. In 1996 they came second. In 1995 they had Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger, two notably good drivers, and as a better team then Benneton, they don't beat Schumi. In 1996 they had Michael Schumacher and Eddie Irvine. One double world champion with an average team previously, one driver who had 11 points in the previous season. In 1996, Irvine scored 11 points out of the 70 that Ferrari had, and they improve from their previous season.

In 1997, Ferrari win 102 points. Michael Schumacher scores 78 points, Eddie Irvine getting himself 24. Ferrari take it to the wire for the drivers title they hadn't won in ages.

Ill continue.

Seasons - MS/EI or RB or FM
1996 - 59/11
1997 - 78/24
1998 - 86/47
1999 - 44/74 (although Schumi broke his leg in this season)
2000 - 108/62
2001 - 123/56
2002 - 144/77
2003 - 93/65
2004 - 148/114
2005 - 62/38
2006 - 121/80

Look at the numbers of points he has compared to his teammates each season. The only time he was beaten at Ferrari, he had a broken leg for part of the season. Also, look at how quickly both sets of numbers rose, long before the points revamp. The team hadn't been at the top of the constructors championship since 1982 and a driver for Ferrari hadn't won their respective competition since Jody Schecktor in 1979. After nearly 20 years of trying and no success, Michael comes in and does what no driver before him does, and he builds them up within 2 years to properly compete for silverware. He would have won the 1999 championship had it not been for the leg.

He then goes on to do what no other driver in the history of F1 has done before him, which is to win 5 drivers world championships in succession. He also breaks numerous records in that time which I really am not going to go into detail in.

He makes Ferrari a a dominant force, able to compete for championships, and when he leaves, they win another 2. His work wasn't just for his sake, but it continued through Ferrari even though they had got rid of two vital figures in Ross Brawn and Schumi.

Last season, everyone thought that McLaren were working wonders with Lewis and he is now all of a sudden, the next best thing. Wrong. McLaren cheated, used Ferrari data and that event overshadowed the whole of the season from a worldwide perspective. Look at how well they did that season. They were on course to win the constructors championship because they had made this good effort in all their work. Wrong. Ferrari's work. Then, once found out and punished, look at the downfall that McLaren had at the end of that season. They plummeted. Lewis failed at Brazil and Shanghai. He looked average, and the arrogant cunt was finally put in place. After sucking the skin off Ron Dennis' dick, the little boy was put in place and Ron Dennis felt the effects as well. Then, after the season is over, there is further news of McLaren lying, and cheating. Legal action taken. McLaren in no way had caught up with Ferrari. The core of Ferrari stayed in tact, the parts which were used to fill in fell apart, but we still dominated.

Schumi's work with Ferrari was basically genius. He put in extra hours with the team, he provided valuable information for tracks which no other driver had done in the past. He helped them with their jobs, and made life easier by giving his own opinion, rather than what they saw on the telemetery screen. He dedicated all his work to the team. Not once in the 10 years he was at Ferrari, did you ever see or hear him argue with his team, because he had become close to them. This is what the red is compared to the silver. The red is a warm colour, and people associated with it are more of a family in F1. The silver is a cold colour which has nasty effects, like the Ferrari data part.

What Michael Schumacher did for Ferrari is magic. The man is my idol. Ferrari had this so called money and potential you speak about, which they could have used ages ago. Fiat and Ferrari made cars, were selling, were making great profit. They don't impress eve though they had great drivers like Jean Alesi and Gerhard Berger at the team. Rapid improvement with Schumi's arrival.

I'm not having a go at you by the way, I just hate it when people discredit what Schumacher did for Ferrari. Gets on my nerves. :p

Oh to hell with it, Schumi's records :D:

Number
1 Championship titles 7 (1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
2 Consecutive titles 5 (2000–2004)
3 Race victories 91
4 Consecutive wins [1] 7 (2004, Europe–Hungary)
5 Wins with one team 72 (Ferrari)
6 Wins at same GP 8 (France)
7 Wins at different GPs 22
8 Longest Time between first and last wins 14 years, 1 month and 2 days
9 Second places 43
10 Podiums (Top 3) 154
11 Consecutive podium finishes 19 (US 2001–Japan 2002)
12 Points finishes 190
13 Laps leading 4741 (22,155 km)[118]
14 Pole positions 68
15 Front row starts 115
16 Fastest laps 76
17 Doubles (Pole and win) 40
18 Perfect Score (Pole, fastest lap and win) 22
19 Championship points 1,369
20 Consecutive race finishes 24 (Hungary 2001–Malaysia 2003)
21 Points in a season for vice-champion 121 (From 180) (2006)
22 Wins in a season for vice-champion [2] 7 (2006)
23 Wins at Indy (Any racing class) 5
24 Wins at Monza (Formula One) 5
25 Wins in a season 13 (2004)
26 Fastest laps in a season [3] 10 (2004)
27 Points scored in a season 148 (2004)
28 Podium finishes in a season 17 (100%) (2002)
29 Championship won with most races left 6 (2002)
30 Consecutive years with a win 15 (1992–2006)
31 Consecutive days as champion 1813 (from 8 October 2000 until 25 September 2005)
I'm sorry you went through all this trouble, no I'm not actually, but you could have just linked to Schumacher's and Ferrari's profile on wikipedia. I didn't need a history check. I was commenting on Ferrari fans belief Schumacher rose Ferrari out of the dust with his magic wand. No he didn't. Ferrari had money, with the signing of a double world champion they got more sponsors and more money. They had the resources to build a dominating team again but TOGETHER, not just Schumacher with his big dick.

And for the umpteenth time I'm not discrediting Shumacher or Ferrari, I never have. They're the most succesful team and he's the holder of all records and arguably the best ever driver. Arguably because for me it will always be Senna who drove in a much more competitive and less-technology inspired period. It's like compairing who's better Zidane or Maradona.[/QUOTE]
So if your McLaren were winning title after title effortlessly, you wouldn't find it boring. Have truth, we dominated beyond belief. What we did in that period basically broke what was humanly possible up to that point. What do you want us to do? Go slowly so all the other cars can catch up with us?
So because you were so succesful and dominating I shouldn't dislike your team? What's your logic here? I never discredited Ferrari and no matter how much I hated them for doing what they did and for making the sport immensly boring, I never discredited them. And as I've said a million times, I found it sickening that rules were changed to make it harder for one team to win, even if that team was Ferrari.

I dislike Ferrari, I dislike Schumacher, the whole problem here is Ferrari and Schumacher fans being incapable of excepting people like that. The blindest, most deluded fans in any sport. There's nothing else to it.

May 22, 2007
last quote was for the user Sheik Yerbouti. he said thanks for making the sport boring to Ferrari and I was pointing out that if McLaren were winning every race, he wouldn't be complaining.

and you said that there was no magic involved. I think there was. I agree with this part you said:

vlatko said:
They had the resources to build a dominating team again but TOGETHER, not just Schumacher with his big dick.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Right,Ferrari would find a way to become champions, even without Schumi the great, but you have to admit that, he was decisive many times over...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i wanna see how kubica performs he is a good driver. as for ferrarri hopefully they will have a great year. alaonso has now fucked himself in the ass coz he probs will win shit all now. IMO he never shoudl of left renault. but thats good coz alonso is a fucken prick any way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)