Formula One 2008 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
Yeah, I agree with that. The last McLaren which I actually liked was the one that they had in 1990. Ever since that they've been far too complicated. In particular, the nose and engine cover have been the ones which make my face cringe.

:smoke:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

McLaren over do it with design as always.

Ferrari has class written all over them.
Don't you feel it's lame to have the same red car for decades? Personally, McLaren's two latest cars were absolutelly beautiful, definetly the best design on the track.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

its tradition its like having Juve not in black and white?
I know it's tradition, but slight modifications, like a dash of white or yellow somewhere on the car wouldn't hurt. We're always primarily black and white but have had a little bit of some other color on our shirt almost always, currently it's red. Merely for estetic reasons. Ferrari's car is boooring.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
I know it's tradition, but slight modifications, like a dash of white or yellow somewhere on the car wouldn't hurt. We're always primarily black and white but have had a little bit of some other color on our shirt almost always, currently it's red. Merely for estetic reasons. Ferrari's car is boooring.
We Ferrari fans must be boring but i wouldnt have the Ferrari any other way. :rulz:

May 22, 2007
Don't you feel it's lame to have the same red car for decades? Personally, McLaren's two latest cars were absolutelly beautiful, definetly the best design on the track.
No. The Ferrari doesn't look steely an cold like the McLaren does. 1992 one was much better than the one you have now, no doubt about it.

Ikoninhosa: Renault launch car later this month.

# Jan 14 - BMW Sauber, Munich
# Jan 16 - Red Bull Renault, Jerez
# Jan 29 - Honda, HQ, Brackley
# Jan 31 - Renault, Paris

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

No. The Ferrari doesn't look steely an cold like the McLaren does. 1992 one was much better than the one you have now, no doubt about it.
Tastes are different, I think these colors McLaren have now are a great mix and look elegant and "sporty" at the same time.

I'm undecided over the old red-white McLaren, I used to love it before but this new design has overshadowed it.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They had some white parts on the car when it looked like a pack pf Marlboros. But they found it better to stick to their classy tradition and not be glory hunters like McLaren is.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
McLaren are like a chameleon, not only in looks but in slyness as well. Had there been real justice none of us would have seen this car around this time of year because they should have been BANNED!!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

McLaren are like a chameleon, not only in looks but in slyness as well. Had there been real justice none of us would have seen this car around this time of year because they should have been BANNED!!
Ferrari is a brand and an engine. The color of Ferrari's brand was traditionally red as we all know. McLaren is just a brand, without an engine. So the colors of McLaren's brand have always been directly influenced by sponsors or the engine manufacturer. Be it Marlboro's red & white or Mercedes' silver. Because of that your theory that McLaren doesn't hold to tradition because they change colors(like half the teams do BTW) simply doesn't hold water. You may not like teams that don't manufacture their engine, or God forbid change their colors, but without them there wouldn't be F1.

For that other part, :yawn: what are you gsol of F1?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think I have the perfect description of McLaren as a team starting from the design of their car.

They are the fake shiny team that goes with these "cool" designs just to attract simple public.

The mature people don't care about these, it is tradition that matters when it comes to Ferrari fans. None of us wants to change the red and we don't think it's boring; actually, it is a pleasure that others see it boring, it is all part of the provocation.

Let there be red on the podium and let be abundant.

No, I am not gsol. gsol is trying to uncover a conspiracy, McLaren were found guilty as charged. They even admitted it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Accused, found guilty, persucted, admitted and punished for it. Why not let it go? Instead you seek further "justice" for it. Reminds me of gsol. You insist they should have been banned? Why weren't they? Because of some F1 conspiracy? Again :gsol:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I never mentioned conspiracy, the verdict wanted them to be banned but they got a softer punishment, that's all to the story. No gsol and nothing of the sort.

Anyway, enough of this bullshit, we all know the progress Ferrari made over McLaren by the end of last season and we all know how this will continue. I am sorry to upset you but you will witness another "boring" Ferrari domination in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)