Formula One 2007 (14 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

AYRTON SENNA

1960-1994

Thirteen years without the greatest

For most F1 lovers the first day of May signifies a memory on the tragic event from the year 1994, the death of one of the greatest drivers of all time - Ayrton Senna.

Ayrton's life was a life of a winner, coming in second was of no interest to him. His image was shaped by lots of "regular" people who followed him all the way from his humble beginnings in Brasil to that fatal 7th lap of The San Marino GP, which took place on May 1st, 1994.

Since in these last 13 years practically everything has already been said about his life, this year we have decided to do a tribute to Senna by showing the most interesting video footage of the internet's most popular video site, YouTube.

His last lap - San Marino GP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcuL...li/automotosport/page/2007/04/30/0349006.html

The day before Senna's death another driver has lost his life in Imola, Roland Ratzenberger. Most drivers didn't want to participate in the race, in spite of that the race was still held. Relive Senna's last lap, from the car view, one more time.

Estoril 1992. - Press Conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-29...li/automotosport/page/2007/04/30/0349006.html

One of the most interesting Press Conferences was held after the Estoril race in 1992, where Senna verbally attacked his biggest rival Alain Prost.

Honda NSX - Suzuka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_5j...li/automotosport/page/2007/04/30/0349006.html

One of Senna's biggest virtues was the fact he adapted to new cars extremelly quick. As he has raced with a Honda engine for quite a long time, that Japanese manufacturer has gave him as a present their best serial-proudction car, NSX, which he has used to make one lap on the Suzuka track.

Senna vs. Prost - The duels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jndd...li/automotosport/page/2007/04/30/0349006.html

All great drivers had their own personal nemesis. Senna's biggest rival was The Proffesor Prost. Rememeber some of their biggest duels from the times they were racing with different teams to the times they raced against each other under the same colors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP Senna. The above was translated by me from TPortal

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It all makes sense now, Vlatko. You were a Senna fan and Schumi came and stole his thunder, that's why you hate the legend. I am happy for all these haters that they finally got Alonso to make them smile, let me guess, you supported Hill, Hakinnen, Villeneuve, Coulthard and then finally you settled on Alonso.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I for one supported Senna and when the tragedy happened, I just became a Ferrari (not Schumi, but Ferrari) fan since I never was interested in one particular driver anymore after Senna's dead.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

It all makes sense now, Vlatko. You were a Senna fan and Schumi came and stole his thunder, that's why you hate the legend. I am happy for all these haters that they finally got Alonso to make them smile, let me guess, you supported Hill, Hakinnen, Villeneuve, Coulthard and then finally you settled on Alonso.
I didn't know you have such a bad memory Jack. This is the third time I'm saying this, I was a kid in the early 90's, I fell in love with the red & white colors of McLaren because of my family and the greatest driver ever, Ayrton Senna. Ever since Senna died I supported only McLaren, no drivers, just McLaren. I liked certain drivers like Button, Kimi and now Alonso and Hamilton, Kubica as well, but NONE of these drivers made my heart pump like it did when I watched Senna. I was a kid then and I was easily influenced, by my older brother and father, I simply fell in love with that car and it has stuck with me ever since.

You can say and think what you want but Schummi plays the least part in my view of F1. I didn't like none of those drivers you just mentioned, especially Hakinen. Schumacher is a great driver but lots of others before him were great as well, just that some of them didn't have a utterly dominant car for 4 straight years. I respect him, but I don't like him, never have and never will.

Schumacher stole Senna's thunder? :howler:
But why am I even explaining myself to a completelly blinded Schumacher fanatic?

May 3, 2006
I didn't know you have such a bad memory Jack. This is the third time I'm saying this, I was a kid in the early 90's, I fell in love with the red & white colors of McLaren because of my family and the greatest driver ever, Ayrton Senna. Ever since Senna died I supported only McLaren, no drivers, just McLaren. I liked certain drivers like Button, Kimi and now Alonso and Hamilton, Kubica as well, but NONE of these drivers made my heart pump like it did when I watched Senna. I was a kid then and I was easily influenced, by my older brother and father, I simply fell in love with that car and it has stuck with me ever since.

You can say and think what you want but Schummi plays the least part in my view of F1. I didn't like none of those drivers you just mentioned, especially Hakinen. Schumacher is a great driver but lots of others before him were great as well, just that some of them didn't have a utterly dominant car for 4 straight years. I respect him, but I don't like him, never have and never will.

Schumacher stole Senna's thunder? :howler:
But why am I even explaining myself to a completelly blinded Schumacher fanatic?
Since when did u start having a good memory??:p

May 3, 2006
Trevor! What are you doing here man? Beware fellas this one is a Interista and a pufta as well. :D

How's life and everything?
Thanks for uncovering my identity......:eyebrows: (I dont feel like searching for a Croation swear word ATM)

I'm ok,just came here to see how you're doing mate.Been some time since I had a talk with you.So howz business?Still underpayed by your father?:p Well,makes 2 of us if so.....:smoke:
I have tried to see if I catch you on MSN,since Andy says he frequently talks with you there,but apparently we are never online at the same time..

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Thanks for uncovering my identity......:eyebrows: (I dont feel like searching for a Croation swear word ATM)

I'm ok,just came here to see how you're doing mate.Been some time since I had a talk with you.So howz business?Still underpayed by your father?:p Well,makes 2 of us if so.....:smoke:
I have tried to see if I catch you on MSN,since Andy says he frequently talks with you there,but apparently we are never online at the same time..
Welcome, Trevor...

I think you already know a good number of people here:eyebrows:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Underpayed? Hell I even got a raise in being underpayed. :howler:

I'll PM you so we don't stray too much off-topic. ;)

May 3, 2006
Welcome, Trevor...

I think you already know a good number of people here:eyebrows:
Do I??:D

Underpayed? Hell I even got a raise in being underpayed. :howler:

I'll PM you so we don't stray too much off-topic. ;)
too much off topic??That is my favourite topic though......:smoke:

Ok ok we'll keep it to Pm's.

Hey Rebel,cya mate.I think you know where to find me,right??:cool:

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Do I??:D

too much off topic??That is my favourite topic though......:smoke:

Ok ok we'll keep it to Pm's.

Hey Rebel,cya mate.I think you know where to find me,right??:cool:
right. It will be nice if you could come to here from time to time:eyebrows: , but as one of my friends, I have to advise you to discuss anything else than calcio:p

May 3, 2006
right. It will be nice if you could come to here from time to time:eyebrows: , but as one of my friends, I have to advise you to discuss anything else than calcio:p
I would love to give my contribution to this site,but I'm afraid my contribution is not actually what you guys are after :D Calcio??I'm sorry,I dont follow any calcio.....:p

More then you think.
hehehee Yeah,it seems I do.....

May 3, 2006
Lombardiamia wats going on mate? bet u didnt miss me lol!
hahaha another one....
Well no I didnt 'miss you',but I there is no grudge from me on your side....except for...........mmmmmmm.....nothing nothing.(I cant really adapt myself to being in a Juve forum) :p

:agree: you would be banned after about two weeks

:agree:
Would I?Should I give it a try??:disagree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)