Formation (2 Viewers)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
I have a question that I want JUVENTINI to answer:

Don't you feel that as good as Zambrotta is he is NOT a natural defender...many feel he is better on the flanks and is in D not because he is more useful but because of the sorry and miserable state of the defense. Why not get a stronger defender and allow Zambrotta the freedom to roam and be lethal like he naturally does. Say what you want he MAY get the job done in Defense but his DEFENDING ALONE is nothing spectacular. Agree? (that he is better off on the side ..not in D?)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
@Zlatan: Sorry man, but I think that your formation sucks. I have no problem with 3-4-2-1, but you can do better. The players aren't positioned nearly as well as they could be imo. It would make more sense to let Zambrotta play left back, Thuram right back, and have a central defence of Thuram and Legro. Appiah and Tacchinardi in the middle of midfield is fine, so leave that as it is, just push Miccoli up a fraction and make the system 4-2-3-1.
I dont like the 4-2-3-1 very much, I think we would be better covered in defense with the 3-6-1, the defense ould have much more protection with 3 players infront of it.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
It would make more sense to let Zambrotta play left back, Thuram right back, and have a central defence of Thuram and Legro
So Thuram would play right back and centre back at the same time?:confused:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Don't you feel that as good as Zambrotta is he is NOT a natural defender...many feel he is better on the flanks and is in D not because he is more useful but because of the sorry and miserable state of the defense. Why not get a stronger defender and allow Zambrotta the freedom to roam and be lethal like he naturally does. Say what you want he MAY get the job done in Defense but his DEFENDING ALONE is nothing spectacular. Agree? (that he is better off on the side ..not in D?)
Zambro's natural position was right mid, but he was converted into a left wingback.

Of course we want to make the most use of him by letting him maraud on the wing, but with the sorry state of our defense atm, unfortunately we can't.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Not really. His best position is imo wingback, where he can make use of his pace and attacking ability and at the same time use his defencive skills to stop wingers. When he was playing on the wing it semmed to me he was little effective, not very good in passing or dribbling. But now it seems he has finally found his best position and is playing way better than he was then.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Zambro's natural position was right mid, but he was converted into a left wingback.

Of course we want to make the most use of him by letting him maraud on the wing, but with the sorry state of our defense atm, unfortunately we can't.
EXACTLY! I agree

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Zambrotta is playing on a wing really. i mean, he starts from deep and works his way up which is what he does best. Abit like Carlos. We dont have a left midfielder and we see del piero often drift to the left as does nedved. On the right, Camo uses the right wing, thats what we dont have on the left. So in reality, Zambro is playing the left wing for us.

In addition, who would you buy for left back if Zambrotta was to move back to his original position (not forgetting at bari he played as a forward as well as right wing)? Carlos is too old now. Candela is finished. Placente a few seasons back would have been nice but now he has gone missing in action. There isnt any real world class left backs going around who we can get. maybe a few young frenchmen are around, but they have moved already.

Easier solution would be to find a right wing who resembles a Zambrotta. We know that there is a better chance of finding a right winger than a left back.

we could always change formation to have 3 at the back also.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

we could always change formation to have 3 at the back also.
I've always wanted that too, but i don't think it's something that Lippi (or many Italian coaches for that matter) would look too kindly upon

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
---------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------------------

-----Thuram-------Montero-----------Ferarra------------Zambrotta------

--------Camoranesi----------Tacchinardi----------Maresca----------------

---------------------------------Nedved-----------------------------------------

---------Trezeguet-------------------------------Del Piero--------------------

This with Maresca and Camoranesi working harder than they're used to and Nedved who gets to play in the free role. Furthermore Del Piero will hang back a little, supplying trezeguet with lots of tap-ins. As much as I would like to see Miccoli partnering Del Piero op front, it's not going to happen...at least not any time soon.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I've always wanted that too, but i don't think it's something that Lippi (or many Italian coaches for that matter) would look too kindly upon
I've rarely seen it played to great effect. I think a three man back is just plain weak. You have to play wing-backs just to get away with it, buteven then get stretched down the wing by a good team, so the wing-backs don't get forward enough to justify the extra defender.

Gaston

Feb 8, 2004
This is how I think Juventus must play:

G. Buffon

L. Thuram
I. Tudor
P. Montero
Legro

G. Zambrotta
P. Nedved
M. Camorenesi
Miccoli

D. Trezeguet
A. Del Piero

Keeper: I chose Buffon because he is the best keeper in the world at this moment, and Juve don't have anyone ho can replays him....He is just marvelous....

Defends: L. Turam is an normally option to use in this cain of team, he is the best right back in the world and i have even spoke with Arsenal fan and they agree as well.
I. Tudor is big and strong, and can stop every atacker in the goal area.
He is young and very good.
P. Montero is an gigant of an defender, he can stop everyone and everything. He can control the hole field just him.
I did have a problem ho i'd would choose to be the left back, but after I did red this topic I understood Legro was the right man, he is fast and can his job well.

Midfield: Zambrotta is fast, good shooter, strong and make the best balls into the corner. P. Nedved is maybe the best Juve player at this moment. I can't say anything about him now, cause there is so mutch.
M. Camoranesi is fast, and very very creative. He make an bad atack into a goal, and is a star at the team now.
Miccoli is a very good player, and can be a keyplayer in the future, he can his job.

Atack: D. Trezeguet can score and do very many things with the ball.
Del Piero is my favourite player and he is the best player in Juventus, NO ONE CAN EVER REPLAYS HIM....EVER.

From THE BIGGEST JUVE FAN IN THE WORLD
Gaston:cool:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #53
    ++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

So Thuram would play right back and centre back at the same time?:confused:
    My bad: I meant to say that the central defensive partnership would consist of TUDOR and Legrottaglie, not Thuram.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
    Guys, here is my formation whether some of you like it or not,

.......................................Buffon.............................................

..Birindelli.................Thuram.............Tudor............Zambrotta.....

.......................................Tachinardi....................................

..Nedved.............................................................Appiah..............

........................................Maresca...............................................

..................................................................Del Piero.................

.........................Di Vaio............................................................

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    Gaston, Legro at left back? nope..that wont work.

id just put nedved in camo's position, maresca in conte's position, play del piero behind miccoli and trezeguet.

what about playing tacchinardi in central defence which may allow appiah and maresca to play in the middle? something different...

Aug 26, 2003
    here is mine:

......................................Buffon.............................................

..Birindelli...........Thuram...........Legrottaglie........Zambrotta....

........................Taccinardi.............Maresca........................
    ....Nedved................................................................................
    .................................................................................Del Piero...

................Miccoli......................Trezeguet.................................

Ok, a little bit offensive, but ok!

I think most of you will say that Del Piero and Micco can't Play togehter, but in my opinion it would mork!

Also in the Italian National Team, where Trap. first say that Del Piero can't play together with Totti, but now that is a very deadly combination!!

Ok Micco and Totti are not the same player, but i would try this formation,....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    thats so true mate!! whether we play more defensive or not, we get fuked over in defence anyway. might as well have a penalty shootout like game for 90 mins instead. and we definately are able to do that with miccoli, trez, dp, nedved and maresca.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)