Formation (1 Viewer)

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Camoranesi still my fav for that position at Juve :)
But if you wanna have another right back players who's got a good offensive skills, I think Joaquin Sanchez (R.Betis), Jorge Lopez (Valencia), Victor Sanchez (Deportivo La Coruna) could be the option.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
OK, this is my first formation (btw, while I was typing that sentence I still had no idea what it would look like :D )

Code:
             Trezeguet

Nedved Maresca 

Zambrotta Appiah Tacchinardi Miccoli

Legro   Tudor   Thuram

Buffon

Basically, It would be a 3-6-1. The midfield would be overcrowded in defense to protect the back line, Zambrotta would cover the left flank, both in offence and defence, while Appiah, Tacchinardi and Maresca would be infront of the defenders closing down the opposition and trying to winn balls, Miccoli would stay on the right wing and not participate in defence (that would mean that Thuram would have to take care of the right flank, and I believe that Tudor and Legrottaglie can do the job in centre defence, protected by three midfielders) so that he can start up a counter attack. Nedved would stand around the kick off spot, while Treze would wait up front.

Up in attack, we'd have a back three that would AT ALL TIMES stay on our half of the pitch, not participate in attack at all (except on set pieces, where Tudor can be a fantastic asset). Zambrotta and Miccoli would opertae the left and right flank respectivly, while Nedved and Maresca ould co-exist as playmakers, covered by Tacchinardi and Appiah. Appiah would have a larger role in offence than Tacchi, whose job is only to defend. And we all know what Treze's job would be, to score goals...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
According to Lippi and Moggi, Juve won't be going into the market until June so the only way to fix our problems is tactically, or at least that's what I feel.

So far this season we've seen the traditional 4-3-1-2, and two relatively new schemes; the 4-2-3-1 and the 3-4-1-2. Imho the 3-4-1-2 is the best defensive option, as the wing backs can drop back when the opposition has the ball to form a five man defence, but I'm beginning to dismiss the hopes of us being good defensively this season, so I would opt for 4-2-3-1.

If Thuram can make a successful transfer to the centre of defence and Legro manages to hit some form, the defense should hold up ok, and even if it doesn't, Miccoli, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet would offer enough firepower upfront to ensure that we score a good amount of goals.

My ideal starting line-up:

--------------------------Buffon--------------------------
---Birindelli--------Thuram-------Legrottaglie----Zambrotta-
-----------------Conte-----------Tacchinardi--------------
---------Miccoli----------Nedved-----------Del Piero------
------------------------Trezeguet-----------------------

I have Conte in there because as far as I'm concerned he's a better defender than Appiah and Maresca, and of course due to the fact that he's enjoying an extremely rich vein of form.

I think this is a good formation:fero:

Jan 30, 2004
Here is my favourite formation::D

..............................Trezeguet

...............Del Piero - Nedved - Miccoli

.........................Maresca - Appiah

Zambrotta - Legrottaglie - Thuram - Tudor

..................................Buffon

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
hmm, if tudor boasted some pace and offensive in his game to add to that wing like thuram does, then it would be nice to move thuram into the middle.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #30
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
    This is how I would do it for the very next game. IMO, Tacchinardi will help the defence a lot if he's playd in a very deep role. Also, I think that in a three-man defence, Zamby and Thuram would stay back a bit more, and that's good. This may have a negative effect on the attack, but with both Nedved and Maresca on the pitch, I think we'll be able to creat some chances,
    Trying to force the majority of our play through the middle and letting Tacchinardi opperate in an extremely deep role doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, but I don't think that Zambrotta can handle that LCB position. He's far too attacking imo. How about moving Zamby and Thuram wider (to their natural habitat), let Ferrara or Tudor play sweeper, and Tacchinardi stopper?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Did anyone hear anything?
    sorry gray, what was that??

if we choose to not use zambro on the left as a winger he is useless. nedved nad maresca can only do so much IMO.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Trying to force the majority of our play through the middle and letting Tacchinardi opperate in an extremely deep role doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, but I don't think that Zambrotta can handle that LCB position. He's far too attacking imo. How about moving Zamby and Thuram wider (to their natural habitat), let Ferrara or Tudor play sweeper, and Tacchinardi stopper?
    The problem with our defence is not from the flanks, it's down the middle. That's why I want more defenders there and I want defenders with pace. Zamby may have to adjust, but we've all seen that he can do that. He may not be a great LCB, but it's got to be better than any of our other defenders.

kurvengeflüster

********* a.D.
    Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    OK, this is my first formation (btw, while I was typing that sentence I still had no idea what it would look like :D )

Code:
                 Trezeguet

Nedved Maresca 

Zambrotta Appiah Tacchinardi Miccoli

Legro   Tudor   Thuram

Buffon

Basically, It would be a 3-6-1. The midfield would be overcrowded in defense to protect the back line, Zambrotta would cover the left flank, both in offence and defence, while Appiah, Tacchinardi and Maresca would be infront of the defenders closing down the opposition and trying to winn balls, Miccoli would stay on the right wing and not participate in defence (that would mean that Thuram would have to take care of the right flank, and I believe that Tudor and Legrottaglie can do the job in centre defence, protected by three midfielders) so that he can start up a counter attack. Nedved would stand around the kick off spot, while Treze would wait up front.

Up in attack, we'd have a back three that would AT ALL TIMES stay on our half of the pitch, not participate in attack at all (except on set pieces, where Tudor can be a fantastic asset). Zambrotta and Miccoli would opertae the left and right flank respectivly, while Nedved and Maresca ould co-exist as playmakers, covered by Tacchinardi and Appiah. Appiah would have a larger role in offence than Tacchi, whose job is only to defend. And we all know what Treze's job would be, to score goals...
    hello -Z- perfect work!!!!!!! :D

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #39
    @Zlatan: Sorry man, but I think that your formation sucks. I have no problem with 3-4-2-1, but you can do better. The players aren't positioned nearly as well as they could be imo. It would make more sense to let Zambrotta play left back, Thuram right back, and have a central defence of Thuram and Legro. Appiah and Tacchinardi in the middle of midfield is fine, so leave that as it is, just push Miccoli up a fraction and make the system 4-2-3-1.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #40
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

The problem with our defence is not from the flanks, it's down the middle. That's why I want more defenders there and I want defenders with pace. Zamby may have to adjust, but we've all seen that he can do that. He may not be a great LCB, but it's got to be better than any of our other defenders.
    You have a point in saying that our problems come from down the middle, but I don't believe that Zambrotta is the answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)