For US Gamers! The best Football game ever! (5 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
"World Soccer: Winning Eleven 6 International" has just been released in the USA!

I'm not much of serious gamer. The last game i completed was Final Fantasy III (or IV in Japan). But i've always been a nut for anything football! Till this day i play football games.

The latest game i've bought is "Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution" when it was released last december. Many of you europeans might know this game as "Pro Evolution Soccer 2". (though WE6 FE is updated and better). WE6 FE is by far the best Soccer game i have ever played.

for all you Fifa supporters, take it from me, WE6 FE is the best. i used to be a Fifa supporter till i discover this.
Here are all the soccer games i've played:

Atari Soccer (Atari)
Gol 2 (NES)
Gol 3 (NES)
Captain Tsubasa 2 (SNES)
Nintendo Super soccer (SNES)
Fifa International Soccer 94 (SNES)
Perfect Eleven (SNES)
International Super star soccer (SNES)
International Super Star soccer Delux (SNES)
Fifa 95 (Genisis)
Fifa 96 (PC)
Fifa 97 (PC)
Fifa 98: road to World Cup (N64)
1998 Fifa world Cup (PC)
Fifa 99 (N64)
Fifa 2001 (PC)
Fifa 2002 (PS2)
2002 Fifa World Cup (PC)
Winning Eleven 6 (PS2)
Fifa 2003 (PC)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2 (PS2)
Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution (PS2)

So i think i'm credable enough to give a decent opinion :D

anyway, those of us here in the US have been missing out on Konami's Winning eleven/Pro Evolution series. (though i've been playing it here because i have a Japanesse PS2 :p )

Stop looking forward to another Fifa, because the American version of PES2/WE6-FE is released. it's called: [look at the title of this thread, the name is too long! i dont feel like typing that again ;) ]

Here is a link to a review for WE6-FE (it's very close to the one that's just been released here in the US)
http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/frutselapp/dump/ClassicD/kcetsfinest/newwe6fereview.htm

Here's a link for the US version (WE6-International) though it's not comprehensive since the game is new.
http://www.gamers.com/game/237560/

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Fifa :yuck:

the only thing good about fifa is all the hundreds of teams and leagues.
    in Fifa, the Menu's are a bit more organized.

but with WE6-I, the game play is game tactics and options are :thumb:

you really notice the difference with every little tactical choice you make.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    the WE series are so much more multi-dimensional than crappy fifa.
    can you do one-two passes,one two lobs,chipped through passes,chip shots,long chip shots or square low balls across goal in fifa?can you dribble past the keeper?can you select the curve of your shot?

in freekicks alone you can lob,chip,ram the ball low,ram it high,curve it over the wall or shoot normally.how impressive is that?

fifa needs alot more depth before it can compare with WE and ISS Pro Evo 2 imo.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
    the WE series are so much more multi-dimensional than crappy fifa.
    can you do one-two passes,one two lobs,chipped through passes,chip shots,long chip shots or square low balls across goal in fifa?can you dribble past the keeper?can you select the curve of your shot?

in freekicks alone you can lob,chip,ram the ball low,ram it high,curve it over the wall or shoot normally.how impressive is that?

fifa needs alot more depth before it can compare with WE and ISS Pro Evo 2 imo.
    Well, it is only FIFA 2000, but here goes:

yes, no, yes, no, no, yes and only for free kicks.

Regards the free kicks, with enough practice, you can do almost every one of the things you mentioned. The exception is the lob (unless my little brother has perfected even that now!?

I agree though, FIFA isn't quite as good as ISS. I've never played WE.

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Well, it is only FIFA 2000, but here goes:

yes, no, yes, no, no, yes and only for free kicks.

Regards the free kicks, with enough practice, you can do almost every one of the things you mentioned. The exception is the lob (unless my little brother has perfected even that now!?

I agree though, FIFA isn't quite as good as ISS. I've never played WE.
    In both Fifa and Winning Eleven, i'm an Expert in free kicks, though i can only score with DP as i'm used to his shot power, curve and accuracy.

As Paranoia mentioned. many of the things are better in WE, though with Curving Freekicks, Fifa 2002 is the best.

The Ball actually goes high then Sinks as players like Becks and Van Hoojdonk do. the Keeper's reaction to Freekicks in Fifa 2002 is a bit better. Other than that, the options for freekicks is better in WE because you can shoot low, Roberto Carlos style, and pass with more accuracy.

I loved these two, what did you think of them Majed?
    i thought they were great!!!
    i was playing Fifa when my friend bought the Japanese version of Int. super star soccer (it was called "Perfect Eleven" and it was a bit better than the english version). The game blew us away.
    that was the first soccer game that you actually feel like you are controling the players. it was way ahead of the other competitors (as WE6-FE is right now).
    Delux was great too, though i didn't like how the ball would bend and look like a banana when it was shot. :groan:
    but other than that, the game play was great. (not bad for 16-bit game on SNES!)

Jul 28, 2002
    ne1 tried fifa 2003 on the xbox....awsome game, fantastic freekicks gr8 dribblin, visualy second to none, but gamplay is catchin up to iss/we (they are the same!!)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Almost everyone on these forums says that Pro evolution soccer kicks ass and that fifa sucks. I have only played PES three times and I didn't like it very much. I don't know anyone else who does either, maybe it is because PES almost doesn't exist where I live.
    The strangest part of this is that all the reviews written by the "experts" say that FIFA is better than PES.
    Is PES really as good as people here says it is?

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    I like it more than Fifa, because u need tactics to play PES. In PES there is a solid defence when u attack, while in fifa there is always only 3 men in the defence while the rest is running on the midfield.

In PES u can score all sorts of goals, long shots, header, etc, etc...

In FIFA u can never score on a long shot the keeper will always get it, and all the goals usually look the same (solo from the defence and shot past the keeper). In PES its more realistic in front of goal because u have a shoot barometer and its hard to control it from shot to shot, becase when u run fast with many moves the barometer is very fast, when u run slow the barometer is more controlled.

And in PES when u try to buy a player, then the player can actually say no and the transfer fails :eek::eek:

Jul 28, 2002
    well ive now actually bought fifa 2003 for the xbox....imo, imho, it is a very very good game, in the hardewr dificulties its a great challenge and it actually feels like ur playin wiv a real team, wiv player moving differently, wiv there skill visaully different. Top game, BUT pro evo 2, mite just edge it on gameplay, nuffiin else ...oh wait tactics as well

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveBrava ] ++
    The Best Football Game Ever
    Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution
    with the WEdoIT patch!! :star:
    I give that two :thumb: :thumb: up

Just see the link below you'll see... it so realistic! :D

WEdoIT 2.0

Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution really is the best....that's what i play now, but i never knew about this patch.
    mine is Japanese and i had to change all player names manualy :stress:

the game play is better than PES2 and WE6 international.

how do i get this patch? i've never used a patch on PS2?!!!
    what equipment to i need to connect the ps2 to the PC?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Fifa is only superior in terms of graphics.

The Winning Eleven series has impressed me so much more in terms of gameplay and tactics. The players actually move properly off the ball, and don't decide to stand around doing nothing. Fifa has some really frustrating things about its gameplay, especially things that the computer can consistently do that you can't.

I remember in Fifa 2002, when e.g. the opposing team takes a goal-kick, and it goes all the way to the end of the field, it's a 1 on 1 between your last defender and their attacker. Their attacker always manages to push your defender over and score easily, whereas there was no key in the game that could allow you to do this. Just one of the little nigglies about Fifa gameplay that bugs me.

I hate with Fifa how you can never score on a long shot. The keepers in ALL Fifa games are way too good. You can NEVER dribble around them, even with Henry, Owen or Ronaldo. Also, in Fifa 2003 when the opposite team takes a corner, it's IMPOSSIBLE to head it out to safety. You always have to make the keeper punch it out. The problem with this is, if the ball is too far out for the keeper to get to, they ALWAYS score against you. Very annoying.

It's a pity the Winning Eleven series isn't out on PC, cos I don't own a PS2.

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Fifa is only superior in terms of graphics.

The Winning Eleven series has impressed me so much more in terms of gameplay and tactics. The players actually move properly off the ball, and don't decide to stand around doing nothing. Fifa has some really frustrating things about its gameplay, especially things that the computer can consistently do that you can't.

I remember in Fifa 2002, when e.g. the opposing team takes a goal-kick, and it goes all the way to the end of the field, it's a 1 on 1 between your last defender and their attacker. Their attacker always manages to push your defender over and score easily, whereas there was no key in the game that could allow you to do this. Just one of the little nigglies about Fifa gameplay that bugs me.

I hate with Fifa how you can never score on a long shot. The keepers in ALL Fifa games are way too good. You can NEVER dribble around them, even with Henry, Owen or Ronaldo. Also, in Fifa 2003 when the opposite team takes a corner, it's IMPOSSIBLE to head it out to safety. You always have to make the keeper punch it out. The problem with this is, if the ball is too far out for the keeper to get to, they ALWAYS score against you. Very annoying.

It's a pity the Winning Eleven series isn't out on PC, cos I don't own a PS2.
    well said ... i agree, i was a Fifa fanatic, but ever since i played WE6 i couldn't go back to the crappy Fifa.

In WE6 Final Evolution, you tactics are incredible as you said.
    there are so many great things like you can manualy tell each player how to move when my team has the ball or how to move if the other team has the ball. also, who to mark (tight marking or regular).
    there are teamwork marks between each player in the team. so, when you play the league and make passes and assists between 2 players very often, they get used to each other and their off the ball movment gets better and they move according to your old plays (smart A.I. ) and the team work points between them increases.

the game is so detailed.

with the WEDoIt patches, the jerseys are better than Fifa's and there are all types of shoes (nike, adidas, lotto, diadora...) and the fan chats are REAL!!! as if you are in the Delli Alpi or San Siro.

when it comes to graphics is think Fifa's isn't better because the players are too bulcky and the ball can go threw the players' body parts, while in WE the ball can hit the player's back and bounce back in a realistic motion.

the only + side about fifa is that they have so many clubs and national teams. in addition, you can make direct transfers in fifa even when your not in a league.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

the only + side about fifa is that they have so many clubs and national teams. in addition, you can make direct transfers in fifa even when your not in a league.
    The problem with that in FIFA is, you can just sell off most of your squad and make a team of superstars SO EASILY, it wasn't fun ata all. I'm not trying to compare the management side of the game with CM, but in CM, when u buy a star player, it's such a landmark and you WANT to play with them. When I play with Juve in FIFA, I refuse to buy any of the good players, because..it's not Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)