For US Gamers! The best Football game ever! (1 Viewer)

OP
Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #41
    i can tell you just started playing winning Eleven recently from your comments:

++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    Jejeje i played yesterday your so beloves winning eleven 6 with that we doit patch.

The game play is better and realis than fifa ex:

-If the enemy miss a pass, you can pass the ball right away before being in possetion. IN other words,,, fast counter attacks.

-When you execute a sliding tackle to get the ball, some of the time you grab the ball in your foot, like in the real life. When you are pushing your enemy to get the ball, haha its look so funny and is very realist.

-When you play against another clubs,, for example i played the fianl against milan.....the play in the back up song THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ANTHEM, i was very very impressed with this!! just too cool.

now the things that i dont like.

- Oh the players faces,,,and the graphics itselves. The players are so ugly, they look totally diffretn from the real ones, not like fifa. The shorts of the players are so big!!! they looks like having towel inside the short.

-The shoots, they are so weak, and the power bar recharge extremly fast, that is difficult to get a right shoot!.
    when i first started playing this game i thought the same thing, because i was used to playing Fifa for 8 years!

but you will quickly get used to it with practice. the shot bar is very sensitive and fast. this is better because you can shoot the ball faster than Fifa. in fifa, you have to wait for the bar and by the time you reach the power you want' the defender already closes in.

In winning Eleven, it realistic because when you want to make a shot, you have to slow the player down (not stop completely) and not be pressing the sprint button. because players dont shoot when they are running at full speed (except player like Nedved ...) so if you are running, the shots won't be accurate and they will mostly be week.

i also like that it isn't easy to shoot. you need to get the angle and everything right. and make sure your shot isn't too strong. (like fifa, depending on your position, the player will shoot with either the left or right leg, but the shot with the non-preffered leg would be weeker and less accurate (but players like Nedved and Crespo can shoot with both).

-The running passes are very inacurated and are semi-autimatic, not like fifa, were you can do explendit running passes and make the defenders twist.
    you can actually make great threw passes, you can also make running passes in the vertical direction. i also dont like how it's semi automatic

so you need to change the options to make it more manual:
    Before the game starts you get the option to chose the gamepad (the screen where you move the gamepad in the direction of your team to select 1 player, 2 players against each other or with each other.) anyway, in this screen, press "L2" till there are only 2 white lines. this should make the game play more manual.
    Ok in resume, i think that the gamneplay of winning eleven is so much better, because you can do a lot of things, more near to the real life.
    the FIFA graphics are far better.

IN general, winning eleven wins i think.

Hey anyone here knows when they will launch the next winning eleven? or the fifa 2004?? because EA sports were talking about the best game of history or somehting like that
    Fifa always say that they will make the best game, but they lie every year. even in 1995 they said that the best soccer game is Fifa95, but International super Star Soccer Delux was better.

About the faces and the shorts, you are abolutely right. they do look kinda wierd, but not during game play.

My pesonal Tip: Play WE using the "Far" camera view. :thumb:
    you can see most of the players and make great passes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Dammit, I wanna buy a PS2 just for this game. They better port it to PC soon, cos I'm sure they'd grab a decent market share once people heard how much better the gameplay is than Fifa. I like how it actually rewards you for playing the game for a long time (the player relationships thingy), whereas in Fifa, once you finish a season, it just asks if you want to play another season... and it just continues oooon and oooon.

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Dammit, I wanna buy a PS2 just for this game . They better port it to PC soon, cos I'm sure they'd grab a decent market share once people heard how much better the gameplay is than Fifa. I like how it actually rewards you for playing the game for a long time (the player relationships thingy), whereas in Fifa, once you finish a season, it just asks if you want to play another season... and it just continues oooon and oooon.
    The last computer game consol i bought was my Super Nintendo.

Last December i bought a PS2 just for this game. since then, i've only played:
    Winning Eleven 6
    Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution
    Grand Theft Auto 4- Vice city.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

The last computer game consol i bought was my Super Nintendo.

Last December i bought a PS2 just for this game. since then, i've only played:
    Winning Eleven 6
    Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution
    Grand Theft Auto 4- Vice city.
    U must be from the future?! :D

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    Its called GTA: Vice city. Its not saying GTA 4 so im beliving its still the 3'rd release. Like the Sims there are 100 sims, none of them is a SIMS 2 but all is expansions.

Lets forget this conversation and stick to the theme!

Still i might be mistaken!

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    well it's called GTA Vice City no 3 or 4 thing and it's not an expansion it's a new release and it doesn't have anything to do with GTA 3

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    GTA's the next best game after football games. I haven't played Vice City PC yet, but GTA3 was brilliant!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    You can change the running passes in WE 6??? wow that is a good thing,, because in fifa 2003 i cant live without running passes.

And you have to slow down the guy to shoot?? i was not aware of that......maybe thas is the reason fo my deviated shoots :D

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #56
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    You can change the running passes in WE 6??? wow that is a good thing,, because in fifa 2003 i cant live without running passes.

And you have to slow down the guy to shoot?? i was not aware of that......maybe thas is the reason fo my deviated shoots :D
    you can't exactly control the running passes, you just make the whole game more manual.

on the PS2 gamepad, the right joystick is an Analog pass. it doesn't pass to the nearest player or infront of him, the anlaog pass is completly manual. it passes to whereever you point at (360 degrees!!)

Also, the one-two's are awesome. when the ball is with your player, hold 'L1' and pass the ball to another player and the player who passed the ball will make a run. so when the ball reaches the 2nd player, you could either slip it threw and complete the 1-2 or you could make a chip 1-2 like DP and Nedved did agianst Piacenza this season. or you could pass to a 3rd player and fool the defenders who are marking the player who made the run.

in other words, this game has all the basics of football. you could pretty much do any team effort or tactic (manmarking, counter attacking, pressing, attack from left or right or middle, contain, switch play.... )

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
    Cant wait for WE 7 , or Pro Evo 3 (I live in Europe).
    At the moment I'm in my 3rd season in ML.

At the moment my first team is:

--------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------

---Thuram:)D)---Cannavaro-------Samuel--------Maldini----

---Beckham-------Rivaldo------------Chiesa:)D)------D'Alessandro

---------------Deco---------------------------Saviola------------

I still have 24 000 available to spend, just coming to the end of the season, also with the final against Roma approaching!
    Definetly going to replace Beckham and maybe re-shape the defence a little.

OP
    Majed

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #58
    not bad, but why is Deco playing in Attack!?!

Here's the dream-team i made-up:

------------------------Buffon---------------------------
    ---------Thuram------Nesta-----Cannavaro--------
    ----------------Vieira---------Davids-------------------
    --Ljuneberg-----------Rivaldo--------------Giggs
    -----------------Sheva----------Del Piero-------------

Subs:
    Nedved
    Zidane
    Baraja
    Vieri
    Henry
    Figo
    Maldini
    Tudor
    Chivu
    Kahn

My Roomate made this team to compete with me:
    Van Der SaAr, Toldo, Samuel, Cafu, R.Carlos, Ferdinand, Campbell, Stam, J. Zanetta, Totti, Ronaldo, Raul, Ortega, Crespo, Beckham, Emerson, RVN, Makalele, C. Lopez, Rui Costa.

So many good playeres in the game like Deco, Jaoquin, and Makaay but the gamers havn't updated their attributes much.

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
    yea I found that with a few players too. Nice team btw. I just won the league and cup today, so I'm gonna go on a big spending spree. Vieira and Davids, and Sheva and DP look like good partnerships. Deco actually plays quite well there, he usually plays just behind Saviola, but I accidently put him upfront one match and stuck with him ever since! Thinkin of buying a much more speedier forward, like Henry.

Jul 19, 2003
    I'm actually thinking of sending a petition to the WE creators to start producing for PC. This is ridiculous.

I've decided that I won't buy another video game console and I almost came close to doing what you did Majed and buying it just for WE6, but I held my ground. :p

I'm serious about this petition thing. Anyone else interested? Is there some kind of online signature petitions that one can organize and send to these $%#$@#$!!

Please advise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)