Football Manager 5 (merge) (19 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I won my CL group and we've been drawn against Lyon in the round of 16. We face Livorno in the quarter finals of the Coppa Italia and we're tied at the summit of Serie A with Inter.

Zlatan hit form just at the right time for me and carried the team during Del Piero's absence. A few months ago he was struggling to get into the line-up and now he's my top scorer. He actually came 2nd in the European Striker of the Year award, Trezeguet came 3rd. Buffon came 3rd in the Goalkeeper of the Year award, Nedved and Camoranesi 2nd and 3rd respectively in the Midfielder of the Year award, and Cannavaro 2nd in Defender of the Year.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
I am trying to retrain D'alessandro to take over where ZeZe used to play. How long will that take?

It has been like 8 months, and he still is having match ratings of like 3-5.
You cant play him on the wing. He's a central attacking midfielder, he will never perform on that postion.

Get someone else for that position.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Stewart Downing is a young English left winger. Plays for Middlesbrough. He's very good in real life and even better in FM2005.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,211
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I won my CL group and we've been drawn against Lyon in the round of 16. We face Livorno in the quarter finals of the Coppa Italia and we're tied at the summit of Serie A with Inter.

Zlatan hit form just at the right time for me and carried the team during Del Piero's absence. A few months ago he was struggling to get into the line-up and now he's my top scorer. He actually came 2nd in the European Striker of the Year award, Trezeguet came 3rd. Buffon came 3rd in the Goalkeeper of the Year award, Nedved and Camoranesi 2nd and 3rd respectively in the Midfielder of the Year award, and Cannavaro 2nd in Defender of the Year.

I've been going strong after the winter break, the rest did my players good. I bought Cavenaghi as Zalayeta's season is over, and I've recalled Legrottaglie and Gasbaronni from loan. Trezeguet was injured for 2 months and I struggled a bit during that time, but Zlatan performed, and he's my best scorer with 14 goals and the Serie A top scorer. In my 3 games since the break I beat Cagliari 4-0 at home, and Reggina 5-1 and Inter 3-1, both away, and thats with Buffon and Thuram injured.

I'm playing Steaua in the UEFA Cup. I also got kicked out of the Coppa Italia by Reggina. I had a 1-0 lead from the Delle Alpi, but I lost 2-0 away after overtime. I was the better team and had plenty of chances but didnt manage to score. Del Piero also had a penalty saved in the 89th minute. Their keeper was Man of the Match with a straight 10!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,215
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Are the results in this game realistic? I mean do most of the matches end up 4-0 or 4-1 like they do in WE? :rolleyes:
    Depends. At the start of the season I had a great run where I had an average of 3 goals per game, but a bit later on I barely won 3 matches all 1-0.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Are the results in this game realistic? I mean do most of the matches end up 4-0 or 4-1 like they do in WE? :rolleyes:
    It depends, sometimes you go 2 or 3 games without scoring. Actually it is the most realistic game I have played.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    STILL: How long will it take to retrain him? And will he be good after that?
    AFAIK, retraining players to a new position only works when they are still very young (<20yo). So it's useless to retrain an established player.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++

AFAIK, retraining players to a new position only works when they are still very young (<20yo). So it's useless to retrain an established player.
    DAMN! And I've been trying to retrain Sergio(Deportivo) for 2 seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)