Football Manager 2021 (1 Viewer)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Interface is mostly the same. ME is a lot better which, imo, is the most important aspect.

Also, unlike previous editions, I wasn't able to generate 80mil via selling Juventus refuse.

Frustrating, but a lot more realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark

Stop playing Baseball Manager and get in on FM21.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Finished 4th season with Blyth Spartans. We're Pros now.

7ef112962bb0e35bdc9b1b10ca188cff.png

Got this FA in january and he managed to score 33 league goals. Insane stuff. Way too good for National League.

3935bdd42d054128d0d5b8f02b687b6d.png

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Interface is mostly the same. ME is a lot better which, imo, is the most important aspect.

Also, unlike previous editions, I wasn't able to generate 80mil via selling Juventus refuse.

Frustrating, but a lot more realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

@Mark

Stop playing Baseball Manager and get in on FM21.
I agree, not any huge changes but a real improvement. Really enjoying it.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
update on regens issue

Quick update on this one:
This issue is a priority and we are still working hard to get it fixed ASAP.
Changes will be save game compatible when they’re ready and will be rolled out at the earliest opportunity.
It has required some fundamental changes to how newgen generation is approached in inactive leagues, and we hope the result will be a better and more consistent spread of youth intakes across the globe than we’ve ever had in previous versions of FM.
Youth Intake numbers are a very complex and delicate balancing act, and your patience is still greatly appreciated while we try to get this right.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I am currently in 2023/2024 with Watford. This is from last season, final round. To add, Arsenal were up in Euro League final and would likely win it, so the fourth spot would go to them instead. Never been so nervous in a title race, it was really close for a long while.
last_day.png

United being United lost their two final games. Chelsea won the league with one point above us, which was really annoying as we outplayed them just a week or so earlier but they managed to hold on to a draw.

I have played fairly quick possession football but this year decided to go slow, started really well but then we hit the wall. Going back to how we used to play and hoping to see us challenge again. But lost a few players who wanted out and haven't been able to improve the team so it's not looking great given that we're in Europe for the first time this year. Joao Pedro won golden boot and has developed really nicely though and I love Marcus Edwards along with Adarabioyo.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Can't get my team properly working. In particularly, my fullbacks/wingbacks have been averaging around 6. It's been over a season and I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried everything, including selling my old players and purchasing new but the results are basically the same.
I used to have a lot of instructions so I took everything out and started from scratch. Time and time again. But I feel quite stupid right now since it is probably an easy fix I just can't figure out.
Skärmavbild 2021-01-03 kl. 11.18.31.png

As you can see, I still have a lot of team instructions that I have added one by one since I took it all out some time ago. Before these adjustments to try and correct the wingbacks I had overlaps, dribble less and didn't have "pass into space" and "be more expressive".
Players instructions are shoot less for all midfielders, roam for my striker and AMC, and my wingbacks press more and cross more. I've asked them to cross more because it looks like they always end up in a good crossing position but then even though they are free, they await opponents and then put their cross on them, which results in a corner. Every. Time. So my hope was to encourage that cross rather than wait for something. Not sure what they're waiting for because there are players in the box.
Recently I changed the AM to support but then my DLP started to struggle (averaging 6.0), and when I put the DLP as defend it became even worse.

Sorry for the long post. Please, please, please help!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Only thing I would change for that is adding the overlaps again and also add 'distribute to full backs' for team instructions. For individual try 'cross from byline' and 'short passes'.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
@Tak!

I have a 4-2-3-1 that has been working fairly well. Not the most prolific but I win every single game. I don't use any individual instructions. I've struggled with those in this game. Seems like every time I add individual instructions the players do stupid shit

juve.PNG

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Fuck me, I don't ever remember when I posted the latest update. Anyway, after three years in bloody Championship, which included yet another Playoff final defeat, I finally got to Premier League, and fucking nailed it. 4th in the league, Champions League spot. Incredible stuff. Got around 30m to spend, got some absolute bargains, and they fully delivered. Not a fan of Brexit, but there are no worries when you have the money as it's easy to get WP when you're getting players from decent leagues around the world. Three South Americans carried my team. Kept some dudes from CH as well, one of them was pretty damn good even though his attributes are rather shite. Hoping for a decent debut in the CL and Top 4.

Zambrana (free)

16f1d18b7f003f2724ef1dab58cdd0d5.png

Salazar (2.8m)

d26af1fad12782140aad2ebbd583cd3f.png

and finally Moreno (on bosman, but activated the buy now option for 180k)

f4b238365df422458b82094de3101f4a.png

bdb2f9c41620096e1a17cdb1a529affb.png

I can't do shit against big teams, especially away from home (which is now Burnley, sadly), there is a significant gap in quality there. Smashed bunch of class c, d clubs though, and Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal had a shit season.

Last edited:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
I still miss the good old football manager with the fully customisable tactic instructions.

Could never understand Sigames' decision to change the tactic instructions system with ready tactics/preset instructions.

The newer games are full of fancy bloatware and non needed stuff but the main point is missing unfortunately :(

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I still miss the good old football manager with the fully customisable tactic instructions.

Could never understand Sigames' decision to change the tactic instructions system with ready tactics/preset instructions.

The newer games are full of fancy bloatware and non needed stuff but the main point is missing unfortunately :(
I get what you mean but it makes sense. Makes the game more palatable for casual fans

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Finished 5th in my second PL season, third in the CL group stages behind PSG and Atleti and got to 1/2 of the Europa League.

My 3rd top-flight campaign was much, much better and we lost to United on goal difference. To make it extra crazy, we beat them 1-0 at Old Trafford in 36th round and came back from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool at Anfield a week later. Man Utd faced Liverpool in the final round and scored the title winning goal in 85'. Heartbreaking.

Reached the finals of the Carabao and FA Cup and lost to Manchester teams.

But I got the Europa League this time around, smashing Napoli 4-1 in the final.

7e949120dceb20ab336b94ec7af4771e.png

560e35b375ca5f801bf8570fef2224c0.png

So proud of my boys. United are few levels above everyone else it seems, they spent like 500m on their attacking players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)