Football Manager 2020 (3 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #521
    Which team? Juventus? I'm going to see if its possible to do a treble with Atalanta 2nd season, if I do, you are correct (though main reason is this ridicolously good tactic).
    yes. juventus.

what tactic you using? Im playing 442 but im starting to get bored of it. its not entertaining to me but everytime i switch my team starts playing like shit

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I was bored of 442s, and I wanted an attacking lineup because I chose Atalanta, wanted something to get me in the mood to play this game again after 2-3 months, so searched for a 4-2-3-1 lineup (I know atalanta play 3-4-1-2 IRL, but hate 3 back tactics), and tried this tactic from fmbase, never looked back lol), asymmetrical, excellent possession, offensive but not crazy (doesnt score ALOT, but consistent), super aggressive pressing etc. Like its variation of goals, non of them look alike (maybe due to the update, its first time playing since they updated), and alot of the goals will be scored by the CF, How Zapata scored 47 goals for me, and the wingers and AM chip in with dozen each (Ikone scored 21 for me, Papu Gomez 16 etc).Most importantly, its still really effective after tweaking it alot. Just an example of how it looks:

1583418463759-png.png

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Haha, why? The CF being on Left of the box zone makes him really effective, like Ronaldo style, he drifts off the shoulder of the defenders and isnt easy to pin down. Some beutiful runs into the box, its basically corner stone adjustment of the tactic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    idk im just OCD like that.

I'm gonna hack your PC, put this tactic in your FM save without you noticing, so next time you boot up, you'll be all:

source.gif

- - - Updated - - -

In all my time of playing FM, I never seen a player as popular as Malinkovsky amongst a squad, jesus look at this, entire squad mutiny on his behalf:

unhappy-squad.png

All this over not registering him for CL this season (he was good for me last season, but this season more stacked and have less homegrown players). I even explained to him nice the reason for it, squad registration issue etc, and apologised for it. He needs to give his peoples skills to Emre Can if its mini revolution over not making list, for a player thats my 5th CM in the pecking order lol. Thankfully I smoothed things over with them before this ruined whole morale and the season with it.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Pull the trigger on that asap

Brought him to my office, and this ensued:

"This is for what you did to Khedira, Costa, Chiellini, Sandro, and not injuring De Sciglio enough!"

- - - Updated - - -

@JuveJay @Tak! @Kyle He no 5 star, and I generally dont like regens, but Atalanta academy super legit, look at this regen I got for the 2020 batch, jesus:

regen.png

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Lol should be 5 stars but maybe missing some key attributes for a CM/DM? Love that 1 flair as well, can imagine him being stone-faced and robotic in everything he does.

Juve's academy is nowhere near as good. I've had maybe 2 or 3 players who could have been first teamers if I had played them a lot but sent them on loan and didn't become as good as they should have. A bit like real life really. All the HGC successes I've had I've bought in at 16-17.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I have this Brazilian wonderkid called Silverio who I signed when he was 16. He's 21 now and after several loans in Germany he is world class, but he suffered a torn tendon and I noticed that on his Dynamics he has "Contemplating retirement due to injury" :scared: He's back in a few weeks, supposedly, so we'll see what happens.

Noticed a couple of oddities in the game - I was supposed to load the Argentinian and Brazilian leagues as playable when I started the game but I must have not enabled it, so I did it in the second season, but the problem was that to fill in the missing players the game generates absolute superstars to fill their places. All of a sudden a 27-28 year old world class striker appears in almost every Brazilian team. I signed one of them because he was so ridiculous I couldn't ignore him. But this also happened to a lesser extent in other positions. For some reason the fake players in the Argentinian teams were not quite as good, but some were. As such Brazil have some legendary national team where they have to leave out many superstars. Bit shit really. Italy did beat them at the World Cup though lol.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    herzio.png

This is the striker I was talking about. He's 31 now but ridiculously clutch, I supposed 20 leadership helps. He, like several of these Brazilian players, has a second nationality. Wouldn't happen in real life for someone that good, but he chose to play for Germany. It's an issue I notice a lot...

Just about been superseded by this guy:

romano.png

No prizes for guessing which academy he came through @Osman I play him up front with Mbappé and it's unstoppable. Like I said, bit too easy at this point.

Back to the dual nationalities. For some reason there are three Japanese players, all born in Japan, who came through at German clubs and have decided to play for Germany. I have one of them, but they are all future world class. Seems like Germany like taking all the nationalities to play for them. This guy is like Zambrotta and seems to get a goal or assist every game:

yamagishi.png

I'd say the dual nationality thing is overused in the game. If you go to German academies you'll see many German players with names from all around the globe. Far more so than is realistic.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Holy shit Jay! I usually get bored in 3 seasons to play long enough to get sick regens. But those you screened are ridicolous monsters. Also the mind of bug you mentionned is why I dont like regens in general.

And yeah my regen is passing and defensive wonderkid, but he sucks at all skilled based stats hahah.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #538
    its produced some entertaining football too. B2B players getting forward and linking up with wide players and Haaland scoring some real team worked goals. :tuttosport:

cant confirm yet that it will be as devastating as my 442/ 4222 hybrid but so far its 3/3 against Serie A sides.

i might need to start again with a lesser team :stuckup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)