Football Manager 2020 (16 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Started playing again, this time Atalanta. 21 games played, leading league with 8 pts and 14 games win streak (with CL and Cup).

Zapata is an absolute monster. 31 goals in 22 games.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #504
    Started playing again, this time Atalanta. 21 games played, leading league with 8 pts and 14 games win streak (with CL and Cup).

Zapata is an absolute monster. 31 goals in 22 games.
    you finding it too easy?

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    How's things regarding those crazy long balls and 1v1s ? Haven't played since early december. Is there another update for the ME expected?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    you finding it too easy?
    Im a man on a mission :D playing super attacking and it helps (tho im 6 goals off what AtaIanta scored in real league). I bought bunch of cheap wonderkids, wanna see em grow. Cherki, Florent Da Silva, Talles Magno, Pavlovic, Inter sold me Esposito! They all 16 or 17 so not easy to use yet.

I hope if I win league that they give me enough money to sign Tonali. I been unsettling him all season.

I cant offer much in wages so hoping to not lose zapata in summer. Free transfers major coups in Callejon and Savic (the atletico CB).

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    How's things regarding those crazy long balls and 1v1s ? Haven't played since early december. Is there another update for the ME expected?
    1 on 1s seems much better. Majority of my goals are Zapata scoring 1on1s. While before uodate i had ronaldo, dybala and haaland missing 8 of 10 1on1s.

Before update my experience was every single goal you conceaded was due to long balls. But now not so much, more fluid variation.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Im a man on a mission :D playing super attacking and it helps (tho im 6 goals off what AtaIanta scored in real league). I bought bunch of cheap wonderkids, wanna see em grow. Cherki, Florent Da Silva, Talles Magno, Pavlovic, Inter sold me Esposito! They all 16 or 17 so not easy to use yet.

I hope if I win league that they give me enough money to sign Tonali. I been unsettling him all season.

I cant offer much in wages so hoping to not lose zapata in summer. Free transfers major coups in Callejon and Savic (the atletico CB).
    I have Esposito in my Sheffield. Won top scorer and close on golden boot etc. Great purchase! Almada is a good signing too, can't remember his full name but comes extremely cheaply (7m for me). Will check when i am home so i am not recalling wrong name

Sent from my SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Thiago Almada, I tried for him all season, he is cheap but my wage budget was shot so Tottenham got him.

Zapata has been insane for me, 47 goals and I have 3 league games and a CL final left (already won league and cup lol). But about Esposito, he is just 17 but he has scored 6 goals in 4 games for me, only playing him end of season. My coaching staff already thinks he is nearly 4 stars, better then Muriel they stay, and has insane amount of 15-17 stats on dozen of things.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I also couldn't get Almada to perform all that well, but if I could have played him every week he would have become world class.

In terms of younger midfielders I've had who have become world class:
    Tonali (€23m)
    Camavinga (€18m)
    Dani Olmo (€23m - sold to Spurs for €120m)
    Jude Bellingham (€13m)
    Ilaix Moriba (€5m - attributes very good, but consistency amazing)
    Fausto Vera (€4.8m - same scenario as Almada)
    Ronaldo Camara (€46m)
    Marco Antonio (€40m)

Then after that I've had a couple of regens come in who are as good or better than Frenkie de Jong.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    finished 2nd season with Cove

7beb0ef9f12762613bf72701517e67cc.png

another great cup run, but hearts stopped me in the quarters

16fe0769bb6836cb7c25e8ed7e85df20.png

MVP

9251fbd8bd76eeedfe73aa6fdae168fc.png

Top goalscorer

1f3f896d0701e55379bc0a16cc65e9c0.png

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Alright, let's tackle Championship

66dc9b0ba8de560195c5a94386a2294a.png

Got Celtic as parent club, took some youngster on loan

c31a4b886518fd7f69380aa5f768bdc0.png

Already 120k in red, need a decent Cup run

Topped League Cup Group Stage, have Ross County away next.

3c644251bdf37cb2b0b1972275dfc5d5.png

What a game against Livi!

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Winning treble with Atalanta in first season has it headaches, now everyone wants a big pay raise in 2nd season :lol:

I had to give frigging Gollini 135k salary just to keep him quiet, couldnt afford to buy a new goalie after buying bunch of others. Sold Gosens for 76m (58m direct, rest bonuses), too good to not to, but he was so ace for offensively, 16 assists as left back is amazing. Bought Real Madrid Mendy in desperation when everyone else I went for wanted either too big salaries (Grimaldo, Telles), or chose other destinations. Mendy is good, but he doesnt have the offensive attributes Gosens had (originally a winger), more of defensive physical fullback. Sold Castagne too, tho cheaper, 28m, just crying too much and refuses to sign new contract when his is expiring. Loaned Reece James from Chelsea.

I basically I have an entire new defence except Hateboer and VanHuedzen. Meunier, Bastoni, Cetin and Caldara back at their clubs after loan (Caldara refuses to accept my contract offer despite cheap buy option). Two left backs sold etc. Had already sold Palomino, Djimsti and Toloi in first season (as soon I signed freebie Savic for 2nd season gave up on the older CBs). New loanies in Firpo and Pellegrini too (before I thought I could get Mendy, I panicked after selling Gosens and Castagne lol). Kehrer for 33m was decent pickup.

Best capture by far is ofcourse Tonali for this new season (Talles Magno too, this kid is ace, and other personal favourite in Fabio Silva). Biggiest random signing is ofcourse me buying Oxlade Chamberlain for 38m. Seems quality and versatile, tho maybe not the type of playmaker I need at CM.

I'm good at signing young top or promising talents for the future that arent ready to perform yet (except Magno and Esposito): Cherki Unuvar, Esposito, Armini, Riccardi, Marco Molla, Vignato, Tramoni, Magno, Andre Anderson, Lazaro, Florent Da Silva, Nohan Kenneh.

Plus Atalant has couple of in house talents that are good 16-17 year old Adam Traore (bitch wants to leave for Liverpool or Spurs), few more years older excellent depth options in Melegoni and Bettella.

But maintaining this massive pool of talents wont be easy, and I'm bit short budget wise to improve the squad with players that ready to compete now instead of just young developing teens (with sales I been available to buy all these youngsters, but for more ready players, can afford their transfer sum but not necessary the salaries they ask for). Hence why I went with alot of loans, or random buys like Oxlade, Mendy (I panicked when I thought Grimaldo had accepted but he delayed me and got greedy).

Biggiest faux pas is signing Callejon on free transfer for this season, he seemed like a good idea at January despite being 33, but he joins my squad and my coaches doesnt even think he is good enough to be on the bench lol.

P.S Future project, besides replacing overpaid Gollini with someone better (tho was top 2 in best goalies in europe after our season), is to offload enough deadweight reserves (in this summer 79 players came back from loan LOL), so I can afford Chiesa next season before a top club signs him.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw didnt even mention the best signing of first season, Ikone from Lille (the PSG youth Juve were after couple years ago). Oh man was he a bargain at 14m. He scored 21 goals, 16 assists, and one of those goals? An overtime 112th minute dribbling raid and sweet finish, in CL final against Liverpool. Jesus that was clutch.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    failed miserably in the FA Cup

730672d1ca8da9b09e2631e3c096b36f.png

won the Scottish Challenge Cup - that's a tournament for shit clubs from UK & Ireland. i got like 25k for the win.

292ed7e45d1c7498020c9ab9f60f3a9c.png

won the league

a5e71948456b2fd31bf0dec7b24a34ea.png

The board gave me 27k wage budget and 0 transfer budget for my first Premiership season. I'm on 19k at the moment, I'll be around 25 when I start offering full time deals. Cove Rangers is still a Semi-Pro side. That will change soon.

MVP

3173f9582e6c955fe79a0b9dfe8cdc9d.png

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I'm going to do 10 years with Juve and then switch to someone relatively obscure, maybe get Depor back to CL or an Argie team.

As it stands my finances are ridiculous and about 15 players are on €300K+ so it's lost most of the appeal other than developing hoards of youngsters and trying to catch Milan's 7 CL trophies. I only need 1 now, tbh.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #519
    I feel like this game is a bit easy since the update. I started a new save and am in my third season

i won two trebles and am on my way to a third

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Which team? Juventus? I'm going to see if its possible to do a treble with Atalanta 2nd season, if I do, you are correct (though main reason is this ridicolously good tactic).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)