Football Manager 2020 (4 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
What file and how do I see their ID?

:D Next season, your Messi will come. I am sure of it!

I am one point behind the leaders with my hungry chickens, but we're quite a few up there and it's only been 14 games.
They say my finances are Okay but I am in the red, projected to make a loss of about half a million this year. :janna:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
You have to check 'show me IDs in the game' or something like that in the preferences, rename their pics to match their IDs and add a line in a config file - any config file will do - pics have to be in the same folder as config.

There's 4 folders, depending on skin color of your regen. Add a picture from folder into your Graphics/sortitoutsi/faces. Rename that picture with ID of regen. Open config file with notepad and add it.
Example <record from="ID NUMBER OF YOUR PLAYER" to="graphics/pictures/person/ID NUMBER OF YOUR PLAYER/portrait"/>

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For me the most broken thing on this by far is the penalties. Even with Ronaldo (19), Dybala (17) or Haaland (16) I convert maybe 25% of penalties. I just expect a miss when I get one, it's that bad. Nothing realistic about it at all.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #469
    For me the most broken thing on this by far is the penalties. Even with Ronaldo (19), Dybala (17) or Haaland (16) I convert maybe 25% of penalties. I just expect a miss when I get one, it's that bad. Nothing realistic about it at all.
    odd as i've seen this complaint but my team scores almost every pk and i've won all 4 shootouts i've been in.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    yeah ive gotten that too,
    whenever i have a penalty shoot out, its always like 2-1 or 1-0 its so dumb

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I actually scored my last 5 penalties, so something is fucky.

I've won 1 CL in 4 years, keep going out on away goals in the QF or SF to English teams. Still better than real life lol *sigh*

Ronaldo is playing his last season and will be 39 by the time he retires. Still winning Serie A best striker and scoring a goal per game average. Absolute monster.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #474
    I havent played this in nearly 2 months, anyone wanna say if they improved match engine? Not touching again until they have.
    tried it the other night and the only change i noticed is that now my developement manager is accepting loans and transfer bids for B team and youth players despite me having never delegated that responsibility. :howler:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Won Vanarama National League South with my hungry chickens! Pre-season almost over, have introduced a lot of new faces. A few things I thought was interesting...
    Key players last year on contracts have been renewed. They were 'star players', in our new contract negotiations they suggested to play as 'fringe' player with a non-contract. The very few that did not offer that, suggested their salaries to be decreased. Not sure why this has happened but I am loving it.
    I have so far sold 38 season tickets, the goal is 100. I am slightly concerned that my squad has so few friends and family members willing to purchase season tickets. My economy is not great. We have been forced to rent a new stadium because ours were too small for the regulations. We were never anywhere close to fill our stadium (2000 seats, averaged about 300-400). The economy was completely dependent on money from cups. So a bit nervous about forthcoming year if we can avoid going bankrupt.
    All my facilities are as bad as they can be, I even snuck a peak behind the scenes and could see that they were all at 1 of 20. My pitch was waterlogged kind of all the time, opponents complained every time about playing on this pig farm. My physio had like a three, can't remember, and so on. Everything was set up for crazy amount of injuries. See the results below.
    Skärmavbild 2020-01-29 kl. 19.08.26.png

I have NEVER had so little injuries, and no, I did not rotate. My squad was small so everyone pretty much played 50 games. Kite who missed the most was a loanee for free to cover for potential injuries that never came. On a somewhat different note, I had hoped that those that played would improve over the year but no one even improved a little bit. I suppose it's the consequence of the facilities and being semi-professional.

I have signed Michael Essien. How cool isn't that?!

It's weird. I have tracked so many for a year and they refused to come even on loan. Then their contracts expired. Still refused. A few weeks go, then they come and accept a role as 'fringe player' with a fairly low salary. Weird.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Holy crap what have they done with the gameplay? Every game is like 7-5 in clear cut chances, conversion rate is horrific

And penalties just as well. I had 7 penalties in a row missed and then a penalty shootout in CL 1/4 final and my players missed all 3

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    20.2.4 Changelist
    -----------------------
    - Performance and optimisation improvements

Various Match Engine (version 2039) changes including (but not limited to):

- Improved one-on-one finishing
    - Recalculations regarding clear-cut chances
    - Tweaks to penalty kick conversion rates
    - Lowered frequency of players overrunning ball and losing possession
    - Improved realism of player recoveries from slide tackles
    - Improved crossing variation and instruction behaviour
    - Improved defensive tracking from long balls
    - Improved heading accuracy
    - Improvements/tweaks to referee behaviour
    - Throw-in positional adjustments
    - Various other balancing tweaks/improvements

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    20.2.4 Changelist
    -----------------------
    - Performance and optimisation improvements

Various Match Engine (version 2039) changes including (but not limited to):

- Improved one-on-one finishing
    - Recalculations regarding clear-cut chances
    - Tweaks to penalty kick conversion rates
    - Lowered frequency of players overrunning ball and losing possession
    - Improved realism of player recoveries from slide tackles
    - Improved crossing variation and instruction behaviour
    - Improved defensive tracking from long balls
    - Improved heading accuracy
    - Improvements/tweaks to referee behaviour
    - Throw-in positional adjustments
    - Various other balancing tweaks/improvements
    From the list seems like they at least tried to fix every single issue I had with gameplay. Let's see how it works.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #479
    Played 6 games since the update, not perfect but definitely an improvement. My team now plays some decent football, crosses more often and i've seen a reduction in the long balls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)