Football Manager 2020 (18 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
marc, i'd love to see you playing some lower leagues without using editor, fmrte, downloaded tactics and shit like that
I still can't see what's the point in playing a football manager game if you cheat your way to success.

Haven't played one in a while, but i too like to pick a smaller team and try to get the best out of it and slowly work my way up.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
How do you guys scout esp with smaller teams. Just send existing scouts (on hire new, better ones first?) out and rely on their recommended lists?

I remember from using fmrte that scouts are often inaccurate.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
How do you guys scout esp with smaller teams. Just send existing scouts (on hire new, better ones first?) out and rely on their recommended lists?

FMRTE is best for scouting. However, if you are using it, apparently you are a "cheater".

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

If you don't own FMRTE try hiring scouts with high attributes (judging player ability and potential).

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
FMRTE is best for scouting. However, if you are using it, apparently you are a "cheater".

Of course it's a bloody cheating, there are actual scouts in the game.

And yes, they won't be able to track all the gems that game generates, but you're not meant to have all the 190+ PA regens.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What does FMRTE do?

I figure for me, its enough just to read different sites wonderkid lists to get a sense of interesting new talents.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What does FMRTE do?

I figure for me, its enough just to read different sites wonderkid lists to get a sense of interesting new talents.
Saves time with scouting pretty much. And if you like comparing diff numbers & variables, you can also view hidden atts.

- - - Updated - - -

And if you get the paid version, you can edit anything you want if you're into that.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also view the CAs & PAs of your team and youth in ascending or descending order and see how they're developing with training or deteriorating with age which can be useful.

Last edited:
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #130
    Played a bit of this and yea the update is an improvement but there are still some silly issues. I had three player sent off in a preseason friendly against my youth side :lol3:

Hasn't happened since but players are still missing a load of chances. So far i've won my first five CL groupstage games but In Serie A i have 9 wins and 5 draws. All of the draws have come in games where i dominated chances but the finishing was atrocious

My last game, a home game against Inter, I had 30+ shots, CR7 missed a PK, two sitters and hit the post on a point blank header. Dybala and Costa also had numerous runs into the box and completely missed the goal when shooting. Annoying cause these are games i really should be by three or four goals but

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    Played a bit of this and yea the update is an improvement but there are still some silly issues. I had three player sent off in a preseason friendly against my youth side :lol3:

Hasn't happened since but players are still missing a load of chances. So far i've won my first five CL groupstage games but In Serie A i have 9 wins and 5 draws. All of the draws have come in games where i dominated chances but the finishing was atrocious

My last game, a home game against Inter, I had 30+ shots, CR7 missed a PK, two sitters and hit the post on a point blank header. Dybala and Costa also had numerous runs into the box and completely missed the goal when shooting. Annoying cause these are games i really should be by three or four goals but
    does the new update work on existing saves or do you have to start new?

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011

Sounds about right then

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    I think its supposed to work with current saves but i restarted anyway so cant verify.

there is a noticeable difference in ME so it shouldnt be hard to tell
    Yeah i noticed a big difference but i was not sure if it was just a placebo or the update,
    my wingbacks no longer ping it to eachother all game and score :sad:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Ok I`m at my first season - Took the Serie A title easily (something like 15 pts from 2nd place) - Only lost 1 game at Serie A (away to Milan).
    CL - I barely made it to the knockouts after Higuain saved me at the 82 minute vs Galatasaray away (I needed a point to go as first place although a loss means Im probably out)
    I went on to beat Atletico Madrid (very tough to beat) and Ajax (demolished them) and then came PSG who almost had me as Ronaldo scored a free kick at the 94th minute to get me to the next stage (lost away 1-0 and won 3-1 at home) - Chelsea awaits in the final..
    Atalanta is my opponent at the CI final.

Pretty weird they called my style a vertical Tiki Taka (I guessed they didnt want to let Sarri go easily)...
    I play 4-3-1-2 with 2XB2B and 1 AP from the center while another AP behind the forwards and two forwards playing AF (although I do change it when I introduce Mandzukic as he just cant play that role)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006

Of course it's a bloody cheating, there are actual scouts in the game.

And yes, they won't be able to track all the gems that game generates, but you're not meant to have all the 190+ PA regens.
    Lol FMRTE is thousand times more accurate than actual scouts. :stupid:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    what a crap response

of course it is, you get exact PA number and you can find a godlike regen in Iran, Australia, Finland or Georgia. The chances are you wouldn't find them without using that cheat tool because you'd prioritize top leagues/countries over that. And it's alright to miss out, it happenes in real world as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)