Football Manager 2016 (5 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You do know that these FM ratings come from a network of 1.300 scouts in 51 countries, right?
Yes, because a company that assembles a database of football players skill profiles would not offer that service to big clubs for big money but rather get you all the data you need for 50 bucks or whatever that game costs. You sound like the guys that think wrestling is for real.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Yes, because a company that assembles a database of football players skill profiles would not offer that service to big clubs for big money but rather get you all the data you need for 50 bucks or whatever that game costs. You sound like the guys that think wrestling is for real.
And you sound like my grandfather arguing why he don't need a mobile phone.

Real clubs use FM. Real players and coaches play FM.
FM is collaborating with real performance analysis databases like Prozone. Prozone is used by 3000 clubs worldwide. Including Europe's Elite.

Check this out:
PROZONE
PROZONE RECRUITER (basicly a FM database)

Watch the documentary: "An Alternative Reality". It's truly eye opening stuff!

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
This is a good point actually. As this can totally happen in real, but very rare. Other games would have only the forwards score.
It's not weird because he's a fullback, but because he's Montoya, he's a monster in the game with an average rating of 8.2 in 10 games..

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless..

I've reached November of my first season, found my solid tactics after a few struggles and changes, also some of my players greatly improved after some team cohesion and change in roles
Mandzukic: Target man or Paocher, he becomes a real monster, not many goals but he helps a lot in goal build up and also as a false nine
Dybala: My absolute best player, consistent, professional and always leaves a touch every game, he's best played as a striker but I already have Mandzu and Morata so I'm playing him AML with an inside forward role, he can do better but this is good enough for me
Morata: my best striker, not a very good target man though, best player advanced or complete forward
Cuadrado: Became a real gem after a few weeks, my right wing inside forward, wastes a lot of chances but rapes left backs.
Sturaro, Lemina and Hernanes all found their forms, average players who do the midfield job without adding any magic, but they also rarely make mistakes, Kinda like the Marchisio before Conte
Alex Sandro is pretty good too

This is the tactics I'm using, and my results, and if anyone else is playing please do share yours.

Attachments

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I change during games depending on how things evolve but I have a standard starting formation as of now. I will show it as soon as I get home from work. Foremost, however, I seek to have possession. And jeeeeebuz how good Dybala is!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Hi
Just got the game (bought it for 10GBP from someone who wanted some off line partners...)
I am looking for 3 positions: AM (advanced playmaker) ST (target man) and CM/DM (a box to box or an advance playmaker preferably the latter)
I just started and already sold Caceres and Padoin so 17M+5M+20M budget = 42M available
AM is my first thing I`m looking for
CM is the second thing
ST if can get this too would be great

Any suggestions from the ones who already started playing?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Im looking to improve my team not modify it...
Also Mandzukic is average IMO
Mata Hamsik and etc are too pricy
sounds like a realistic game considering all actual summer transfers have allready been concluded.

It would be nice, if you could have the option to start the game in June, with the squad from previous year. All other teams transfers happening around the time they did IRL, but you can now decide to do your own transfers and alter things

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Coman and Berardi would have been perfect in this formation.

Then :beppe: happened.
Well good thing is, Coman is yours again on the second season, but you have to find a deal for Berardi and I did for 17M, they're both good
but the bad part is Cuadrado, he's one of the best performers in Serie A, and whatever you offer Chelsea for him gets rejected, but there's a 27M cash clause in his contract to make him yours, then when you offer him a permanent contract he asks for insane wages, I am letting him go because no matter how good he is I won't pay him double what I pay my best player..

Hi
Just got the game (bought it for 10GBP from someone who wanted some off line partners...)
I am looking for 3 positions: AM (advanced playmaker) ST (target man) and CM/DM (a box to box or an advance playmaker preferably the latter)
I just started and already sold Caceres and Padoin so 17M+5M+20M budget = 42M available
AM is my first thing I`m looking for
CM is the second thing
ST if can get this too would be great

Any suggestions from the ones who already started playing?

You looking for wonderkids for the future or players to improve your current squad?

if first team players, as for target man Mandzu is definitely your man, just give him a little while of team cohesion
and for your midfield playmaker Pogba does the advanced or deep lying playmaker job very well, but its very difficult to land one on the first transfer window without paying excessive cash for him
and for AM advanced playmaker you could get Alex Teixeira for 24M

take a look at RM's Jese, Berardi, Felipe Anderson if you play with wingers, and as for free players after the first season there's Lavezzi and Sociedad's GK Rulli, Ben Arfa and Naismith

- - - Updated - - -

Well this is my favourite part of the season and the most exciting thing in the game to me

and this kid I'll turn into a legend, you watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)