Football Manager 2014 (11 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Update seems interesting.

In the couple of games I've played the main danger has shifted away from wingers dribbling and putting in crosses/set-pieces to playing balls in behind the defence for pacy players to run on to.

They seemed to have fixed the near-post corner bug, which was my main issue with the game before.
So that explains why my high defensive line suddenly has stopped working.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Is it just me, or has everyone gotten extremely improved ratings on most of their players since the patch? I now have Verratti & Kovacic at five stars, as well as 10 youth players with five star potential.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
depends on what your team is pushing for, title challenge, euro qualification, C.L qualification..at least thats how i notice it, but the creator of the engine says to not get fooled by the star rating system..

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I'm in my sixth season & the board expects me to win the title. I just found it weird that all my players jumped in rating from the last time I loaded the game (before the patch). No time really passed or anything. Not sure if my players were underrated before or overrated now.

Or maybe they all started doping. :boh:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
Is it just me, or has everyone gotten extremely improved ratings on most of their players since the patch? I now have Verratti & Kovacic at five stars, as well as 10 youth players with five star potential.
The stars are bullsh!t. They're never accurate. The only way to find out the players potential and ability is through genie scout.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Tried the game after the patch, well it's much much better. There are still some stuff that's not fixed from the old old times, but at least it's playable and starts to resemble football matches.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Yeah, had to tweak the tactic I'd been using pre-patch, as someone else said removing the high line of defense did the trick. Now it plays very well.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Playing without a CF is working beautifully for me just now.

Just have an attacking midfielder playing as a SS.

Also have a right winger playing quite high up.

This has the combined effect of dragging the central defenders higher up, while keeping the left back deep.

Leaves the opposition defensive line squint and makes it relatively easy for me to get either one of the advanced players or a midfield runner in behind the defence.

Attachments

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Just download it on my phone.

I'm having trouble searching for players.What's up with that?I've tried entering both the last names and the complete names but i get no results every time.Right now i'm searching for players by going via particular league-->team-->player.

Anyone else facing this problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)