Football Manager 2014 (15 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Season start

After 2 succesfull years and some interesting mercato's

cdm is a regista, wide players are defensive wingers with attacking mentality, central midfielders are box to box, in front is an advanced playmaker and on top a poacher.

aggressive style, hard tackeling, fast buildup, rather direct passing, exploit flanks, pass into space.

Its rape, really

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
On the cusp on getting out of my CL Group (with Man Utd, Ajax and Shakhtar in it) with Aberdeen in my second season and with only minor tinkering to the starting XI.

Thoroughly enjoying my defensive, rigid 4-1-4-1.

My main issue with this game is that the standard position at the front of the six yard box that every team uses in real life to cut out near-post corners doesn't seem to exist on this game, which is resulting in goals (both for and against) that really shouldn't happen.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Started unimployed, first half a season spent without work until someone finaly gave me a chance - portugals lowest division shitty amateur club that is battling relegation. Awesome start.

Season 1 managed to avoided relegation.

Season 2 somehow managed to sneak into the second round for the promotion, but I'm starting to think it was a mistake to play this game at this point, too much nerve cells dying.

I don't know if it's me or if it's ME, but the fullbacks are the shittiest I have ever seen in any version, they are almost useless. 70% of goals I concede comes from a winger that dribbles five times the same fullback and then shoots into the top corner, a fucking wondergoal every match. Now I'm thinking to wait for a normal patch and the try again.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I don't know if it's me or if it's ME, but the fullbacks are the shittiest I have ever seen in any version, they are almost useless. 70% of goals I concede comes from a winger that dribbles five times the same fullback and then shoots into the top corner, a fucking wondergoal every match. Now I'm thinking to wait for a normal patch and the try again.
Change to rigid tactics if you aren't already. Had the same problem & saw immediate improvement after making that change.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I use rigid and counter, I play defensive counter attacking football with very direct approach.

The problem is that even though the FB are not cought out off position they still get beaten three times until the striker scores a wonder goal.

I managed to somehow keep this under control with playing defensive limited FB on both sides, and and making my winger more defensive on one side.

I doubt it's a tactics problem, because my shitty wingers are doing the same to their FB. I think it's ME thing.

Anyway, two games left if I win both, I play in playoffs for promotion to higher league. Will leave this shitty club the first chance I get.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
How do i get my Captain to intervene in a dispute between two other players? Ive read you're supposed to be able to do that but cannot find how to initiate the proper dialogue.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Update seems interesting.

In the couple of games I've played the main danger has shifted away from wingers dribbling and putting in crosses/set-pieces to playing balls in behind the defence for pacy players to run on to.

They seemed to have fixed the near-post corner bug, which was my main issue with the game before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)