Football Manager 2014 (11 Viewers)

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
@Ragazza @GarfielD @Turk_Bianconero

I have a question for you - how do you train players? I mean I know how to do it, it just doesn't seem to work at all. In fact, my players overalls are constantly decreasing. Marchisio was rated 4 stars at the start and now it decreased to 3. He's just 27 years old, has perfect morale - what's the matter with him? Same with Asamoah - he had 3.5 stars at the start, now he only has 2.5. I can only assume that is down to not being trained properly, because I can't think of anything else really.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
@Ragazza @GarfielD @Turk_Bianconero

I have a question for you - how do you train players? I mean I know how to do it, it just doesn't seem to work at all. In fact, my players overalls are constantly decreasing. Marchisio was rated 4 stars at the start and now it decreased to 3. He's just 27 years old, has perfect morale - what's the matter with him? Same with Asamoah - he had 3.5 stars at the start, now he only has 2.5. I can only assume that is down to not being trained properly, because I can't think of anything else really.
Star decreasing is either a result of an injury, no-playing time or getting old. Marchisio decreased at the begining of my game too, but because of an injury. Once he got fit, im playing him constantly and he is doing great. 4 stars at the moment, box to box focus on training.

Asa is another story. He isnt improving at all at this game. Nothing to do with training.

I have a lot of great talents in my team: Pogba, Balanta, Papadopoulos, Corchia, Tomas Martinez.. and they all increase their attributes/stars if playing, staying healthy and having the right training focus.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Star decreasing is either a result of an injury, no-playing time or getting old. Marchisio decreased at the begining of my game too, but because of an injury. Once he got fit, im playing him constantly and he is doing great. 4 stars at the moment, box to box focus on training.

Asa is another story. He isnt improving at all at this game. Nothing to do with training.

I have a lot of great talents in my team: Pogba, Balanta, Papadopoulos, Corchia, Tomas Martinez.. and they all increase their attributes/stars if playing, staying healthy and having the right training focus.
That's kind of lame, he's only 25 years old, doesn't mind working hard, it would make sense for him to improve.

Also, am I the only one who thinks transfers in this game are ridiculous? I wanted to buy Gedion Zelalem, his value is like 300k at most, but Arsenal are demanding 11M. Sassuolo want like +20M for HALF of Berardi. What the fuck is that?

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Star decrease also happens if your team overall improves relative to that player. So if you've bought a few highly rated players/your club increases in stature, you can sometimes see that because the standard for what constitutes a "star player" for your club goes up. That's why someone who might be rated 5 stars in a smaller club could only be rated 3 in a top club.

So ignore the stars, but are his attributes decreasing? That's the real indicator. I'm currently having that problem with Icardi, I start him almost every game unless he goes a few matches without scoring, or he needs a rest, then I bench him for a game. He probably starts about 30 league matches a season, yet this season he has had 5 or 6 attribute decreases for some reason. He's only ever had one real injury that kept him out for 3-4 weeks & he seems to be doing fine in training, so I don't know what the problem is.

And yeah, I agree about transfers. It seems to have gotten harder to sell players for a respectable price & clubs seem to demand much more for their players than they used to. It has improved a little for me after playing a couple seasons though.

PS - Murru :tuttosport: He probably gets the most MOTM awards for me along with Kovacic. Has a bit of a temper though, two red cards already in his first season as a starter. :lol: One was against Milan though, so I understand.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
So downloaded the game, but somehow i get all the fake names. And does the german NT is empty like the last versions, anyone can help me how to fix this?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
That's kind of lame, he's only 25 years old, doesn't mind working hard, it would make sense for him to improve.

Also, am I the only one who thinks transfers in this game are ridiculous? I wanted to buy Gedion Zelalem, his value is like 300k at most, but Arsenal are demanding 11M. Sassuolo want like +20M for HALF of Berardi. What the fuck is that?
lol i tought they were gonna fix the transfers ?

as in, you want suarez and you'd get the club to accept for 45mi -ish, not they "oh, offer us 80 million mate" bullshit

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

Bonucci: Libero Vidal: B2B midfielder Licht+Asa: Wide midfielders with supportive duty I'm 19 games into the season with 17 victories and 2 draws. Scored 46 goals and let 9 in.[/IMG]

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Cool, i'll try that. Anyone have expirience with it? Will i get offers from second or the lowest possible leagues?

If I play with only major leagues will I still get the offers or I need to load the low tier leagues for anyone to consider me worthy with sunday league exp?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
I've never tried it, but if it's to be realistic, you shouldn't get any offers from teams in the top division, wouldn't even expect you to get offers from the second tier either. On Sunday League level, i'm assuming you would have to start towards the bottom of the leagues, so in Italy Serie C2, in England Division 1 (so third division) at best. But like I said, never tried it

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
It's awesome. Played Pentagon challenge on FM 13, started unemployed with sunday league reputation, aim was to win all 5 continental CL's. I enjoyed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)