Football Manager 2014 (14 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Think I might have to buy this:

Football Manager Stole My Life lifts the lid on the cult of Football Manager (FM). It is an easy-to-read, highly illustrated, light-hearted guide to the game s lasting impact on popular culture. We hear from the gamers whose lives have been taken over by FM, a game cited in 35 divorce cases in the UK. There are interviews with the players who become world beaters in the game, but in real life never make the big leagues. The incredible scouting network of Sports Interactive is revealed. We speak to the men who make the game, and put an FM addict on the psychologist s couch to discover what 20 years as a virtual football manager has done to him.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0956497179/ref=pe_738061_41082331_pd_re_dt_dt1

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Am I the only one really frustrated with this game so far? The beta wasn't bad but the finished product seems to have taken several steps back. I've tried several different teams, several different tactics. With all of them, my defense plays like dog shit against relegation quality opponents (my fullbacks regularly finish with ratings of 5.5 or lower). My attack isn't bad, but it doesn't matter because I concede so many.

Reading FM-related forums, it seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I might go back to FM13 until they release a patch or something. I've played every FM that has come out the past several years (09 was my first, so this is my 6th year), and this is the worst time I've ever had of things.

Jul 2, 2006
Bellusci(Catania) is available for 1.9 million. That Brazilian defender we were interested while ago, Doria, looks very promising.

Looking to buy a great AM - advanced playmaker behind the strikers (playing Juventus of course) any suggestions?
Not that great but Koke has 12m release clause. Honda for free in January or you can simply use Giovinco, Vucinic, Tevez there.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Bellusci(Catania) is available for 1.9 million. That Brazilian defender we were interested while ago, Doria, looks very promising.

Not that great but Koke has 12m release clause. Honda for free in January or you can simply use Giovinco, Vucinic, Tevez there.
Doria is a beast in this game.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Am I the only one really frustrated with this game so far? The beta wasn't bad but the finished product seems to have taken several steps back. I've tried several different teams, several different tactics. With all of them, my defense plays like dog shit against relegation quality opponents (my fullbacks regularly finish with ratings of 5.5 or lower). My attack isn't bad, but it doesn't matter because I concede so many.

Reading FM-related forums, it seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I might go back to FM13 until they release a patch or something. I've played every FM that has come out the past several years (09 was my first, so this is my 6th year), and this is the worst time I've ever had of things.
I'm seriously starting to feel like this game is giving me hope just to fuck with me. I dominate possession and chances but can't score a goal.

Just drew 1-1 with cagliari. Llorene-Tevez blows 10 guilt edged chances so in 86th Minute Alessandro fucking Rosina dribbles half my team and scores the goal of the season from Cagliari's one shot on goal :disagree:

It's ridiculous. to win I have to completely dominate statistics and allow the opposition nothing so i can scrape through on a 1-0. Before 14 i'd never had one of my FM strikers take a shot at goal that ends up in a throw in for the opposition, now it happens consistently.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
I'm seriously starting to feel like this game is giving me hope just to fuck with me. I dominate possession and chances but can't score a goal.

Just drew 1-1 with cagliari. Llorene-Tevez blows 10 guilt edged chances so in 86th Minute Alessandro fucking Rosina dribbles half my team and scores the goal of the season from Cagliari's one shot on goal :disagree:

It's ridiculous. to win I have to completely dominate statistics and allow the opposition nothing so i can scrape through on a 1-0.
Yep, I quit until the next patch comes out, then I'll try again. The pattern for me seems to be that I win all my preseason games & my opening match, then for whatever reason my team just forgets how to play. The last team I tried was Liverpool, I was hopeful because my first match I got this result:

:chin:

But then my next two matches were a 2-0 loss away to Stoke & 3-1 loss AT HOME to Crystal fucking Palace. Just out of curiosity, I replayed the Palace match 8 times (!) before I got a favorable result. The other seven, 3 losses & 4 draws. There is no way, even with FM's occasional "randomness" engine, that in 8 tries, Liverpool would only be able to beat Palace at home once. There's something ridiculously wrong with the game, something that somehow wasn't present in the beta but is in the full release.

I've had similar issues with Inter, Juve, and even Barcelona.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)