Football Manager 2014 (13 Viewers)

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
3-5-2 hasn't worked for me in any team in the last couple versions. I think I last used it in 2012.

In 2013 I found 4-2-3-1 to work well with most teams I played with, haven't decided what's best in the new one though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Just finished my first season and I'm having excellent results alternating between custom 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-1-3-2 formations

here is my starting lineup as well as the alternative 4-1-3-2 (i've also just purchased Alex Sandro from Porto but the deal hasnt been finalized yet.) As you can see I was able to win Serie A quite comfortably and these results are from before i had signed Ter Stegen, Verratti, and J. Rodriguez. Buffon, Pirlo, and Marchisio fit their roles respectively and the rest of the lineup was the same.

Dominates posession, even in europe, and defensively it is rock solid the Biggest issue i've faced so far is that Tevez and Llorente waste so many chances that should really be goals.

Attachments

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
how much did you buy Verratti for?
something like 15mil pounds upfront with a further 4mil after he makes a certain # of appearances. Initially PSG rejected that offer but I added on a clause to give them 30% of his next transfer fee and got the man.

If you're looking then buy him early. He's got massive potential but his value skyrockets after the first season

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
That's a bit expensive.

I started the season without buying anyone, sold Padoin and Motta for peanuts. Getting Honda for free in Jan.

I'll be making big changes after first season.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yea he wasn't cheap but definitely worth it imo since he's so young i wont ever need to replace him.

Also worth mentioning that you have a lot of capital managing Juventus in this game. i bought sven bender for a similar figure (with istallment payments) in the first window and the board still gave me a 55mil pound transfer budget a year later (and im like 100mil away from being in trouble with FFP regulations) so i have the excess money to spend.

Initially i figured the addition of FFP would put an end to spending 75mil in a season as Juve but i was wrong. :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
3-5-2 hasn't worked for me in any team in the last couple versions. I think I last used it in 2012.

In 2013 I found 4-2-3-1 to work well with most teams I played with, haven't decided what's best in the new one though.
i play with 2 defenders and im scoring like mad without conceding too many :D been winning everything the last 2 seasons with this

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
nah, the beta doesn't really interest me at this stage, i want to surpass Real Madrid's CL record first, oh by the way Juve are in partnership with my club :D Ferrara is back in charge with them, Conte went to valencia :snoop: never mind got Del Piero as my assist and the likes of Pirlo as coaches :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)