Football Manager 2012 (30 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
So I am on the road to promotion with Padova. We are first after 29 rounds, I have a match against Samp(2nd) now and they're three points behind me:D

1.Padova (64 points)
2.Sampdoria(61 points)
3.Sassulo(57 points)
4.Torino (5 points)

I recently lost my first game in 21 matches :(

I have the perfect 4-2-4 tactic for Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Del Piero, Pirlo and Buffon all retired and are part of my coaching staff now. There were no young Italians in my game with good to great potential (balotelli and rossi weren't interested in Juve), so I rather sign potential world-class foreigners instead of mediocre Italians. :D

Branescu is potentially one of the best young GK's, but he spend his first 3 years in the U20 squad in my game because of Buffon so his development kind of stalled a bit. His determination makes sure he'll reach a good level though, so I would definitely keep him around.

And for tactics, Gagi is your man. :D Me, I just field quick and creative players, set it to very fluid and attacking/overloading and hope for the best. It's working great so far, I score a lot of goals and even my CBs (Chiellini, Hummels) score 8-10 every season. I also concede way too many, but my philosophy is "it doesn't matter how many goals you concede, as long as you score more", so scores like these are not rare for me:
Nice to see you giving the finger to Milan by keeping Pirlo in the staff. And I agree, I too rather have WC than mediocre. But there at least some promising Italians around but maybe they didn't develop properly in their clubs in your save.

I noticed Iago scored against you, I actually use him in my starting eleven as a trequartista and he's brilliant so far! How good is he in your save and how good is Ekdal? Since you're a lot further into the game it's interesting for me to hear. Spares me some time in decision making weather they are worthwhile or not. Also, did any other youngster progress decently? Like that young french CB in u20, don't remember his name. And Kovacic, never heard of him, is he a regen or IRL player?

When you started fielding Branescu, how good was he at that point? I've been thinking about fielding him in coppa at times but his attributes aren't really that convincing while he's still so young and Storari forces me to play him. Was he starting material or did you just decide to let him develop over time and make misstakes each game?

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Ekdal and Iago turned out okay, but there are many better alternatives for their positions. For me they would be backup material, but I sold them for 3M each and I was happy with that. Both have 2 out of 5 stars ability and recommendation from my super scouts.

Kovacic is Modric light for less than 10% of the price. Plays for GNK Dinamo and has an EU passport. A great passer of the ball and is developing into a very good player for me, maybe not world class but close.

Branescu had 1.5 stars current ability when I started fielding him, which isn't Juve starter worthy, but potentially 3 stars if that makes any sense. :D I intend to buy a keeper with better current ability in the next transfer period, but will keep Branescu as my backup keeper for years to come.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Iago has 2 stars for me but is performing very well. He was a reserve at the beginning but due to injuries was put on the pitch and has kept his spot ever since. Too bad then I suppose he won't develop more than he already has, was hoping for more. :)

I'll check out kovacic!

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Iago has 2 stars for me but is performing very well. He was a reserve at the beginning but due to injuries was put on the pitch and has kept his spot ever since. Too bad then I suppose he won't develop more than he already has, was hoping for more. :)

I'll check out kovacic!
You could keep Ekdal, at least he has potential to be more than just a backup player, but Iago will never be that good I think. Also, check out Douglas Costa from Shakhtar if you're looking for a versatile amc with great potential. ManCity signed him in my game, so he's basically out of my reach now but he's affordable in 1st season.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
I'm still lost playing this game. Every player I try to sign rejects my bids.
I had the same problem the first 2 seasons, because Juve's starting reputation in this game is pretty low.

What you could do is look at the tables in every league every now and then and see which club is underachieving. Chances are that their star players are unhappy and willing to leave. That's how I got Hummels.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I'm still lost playing this game. Every player I try to sign rejects my bids.
Click on your name near the top left then 'search>players'

choose whatever you want like: position: striker. finishing: at least 18... or anything... but then make sure on the right you tick yes on ask assistant to "filter out unrealistic transfers"

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
So I am on the road to promotion with Padova. We are first after 29 rounds, I have a match against Samp(2nd) now and they're three points behind me:D

1.Padova (64 points)
2.Sampdoria(61 points)
3.Sassulo(57 points)
4.Torino (5 points)

Would you like to share it with us? :D

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010

1.Padova (64 points)
2.Sampdoria(61 points)
3.Sassulo(57 points)
4.Torino (5 points)

Found a Mac download?

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
:sergio:

Pirlo gets injured for 4 months, then elia for 7 !!! :angry:

Then as soon as pirlo gets back he gets injured for 2 months in an international friendly!!!

Luckily i bought cossu, who is beasting, great vice-pirlo .

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I bought FM12 and the cd I got could be install both on PC and Mac (which is good since my laptop is Mac). Isn't it the same for you?

Good job with East stirling! Never even heard of them. :)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Do you guys have a problem putting players from U20 team to train with your first team. I bought 18 yrs old midfielder and I put him in my U20 team so he can play more often, but I can't give him training schedule from senior team, only youth schedules. But when I move him to my first team than he can train normally with the rest of the first team.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
If it's not problem? I have one tactic from previous manager with some adjustments, but I would like to have more options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)