Football Manager 2012 (31 Viewers)

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
I'm having some serious problems with buying new players, noone wants to join Juve. Even frickin' Leighton Baines is not interested :( So far I only bought Vrsaljko from Dinamo and sold Toni and Manninger.

Still the most hilarious thing is that Diego (our ex player) is worth over €20m :lol:
I had no problem signing Baines.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Ok I assume you're using windows. so you downloaded the whole thing you'll find the file sr-fm2012.iso or something like it, using MagicISO or Daemon tools or any similar software, mount image (the .iso file i mentioned) then run setup.exe
install game and when it finishes tick yes on installing latest directx and .net framework

after that you'll find in the mounted image in my computer the dvd-image and inside it SKIDROW folder, copy the 5 files in the folder to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Football Manager 2012
and make sure you 'copy and replace'
thanks a lot :)
I did this all only I didn't succeed in updating the directx and net framework
I tick them on yes but got an error
Now I when I click on fm 12 nothing happens?

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
Elia actually looks pretty good in the game, good enough to be a starter.
I sold Elia to ManUtd for 24.5M euro and one year later they offered him back to me for 14.5. :D

One of my best signings is Shinji Kagawa. He will be a free agent after 2 seasons and doesn't want to stay in the Bundesliga. He performs just as good as Hazard for me and also good for extra revenue in Japan.

Also, don't forget to buy a replacement for Buffon as he becomes too weak after 3-4 seasons. I recommend signing Marc-Andre ter Stegen in or after 2nd season before it's too late.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I sold Elia to ManUtd for 24.5M euro and one year later they offered him back to me for 14.5. :D

One of my best signings is Shinji Kagawa. He will be a free agent after 2 seasons and doesn't want to stay in the Bundesliga. He performs just as good as Hazard for me and also good for extra revenue in Japan.

Also, don't forget to buy a replacement for Buffon as he becomes too weak after 3-4 seasons. I recommend signing Marc-Andre ter Stegen in or after 2nd season before it's too late.

I'm gonna get Honda for the Japanese revenue :D

Play him as a vice Pirlo or in a two man midfield with Vidal when Pirlo is out. He has decent marking and tackling for an attacking midlieder, and can cover a number of positions. I'm also gonna get Tevez :D

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
So far I signed Ansaldi and Vrsaljko, and now I will probably sign one more player, I'm between midfielder (Honda or Douglas Costa) and winger (Shaquiri maybe). Does anyone have suggestion?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm just starting out and it wants me to select several nations. Can I only play as teams in these nations? Can I sign players from other nations?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
You can sign players from other nations, you can only coach in nation(s) you picked.

You can add new nations/leagues in the game but they are not playable till next season.

dodo

The Recruiter
Apr 25, 2011
So far I signed Ansaldi and Vrsaljko, and now I will probably sign one more player, I'm between midfielder (Honda or Douglas Costa) and winger (Shaquiri maybe). Does anyone have suggestion?
I would definitely go for Douglas Costa. He can play more positions (amc, aml, amr, cm), is faster, younger and has more potential than Honda. Also, Romario is a great buy for just 1M in first season, great potential and already better than Lichtsteiner after 2 seasons.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
People who can't get the editor to work, I just did it, here's what you do:

In mine I found it in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Football Manager 2012\Editor

and of course this should be the default install path for everyone
C:\Program Files\SEGA\Football Manager 2012

so
Go to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Football Manager 2012\Editor
then you'll find the last file is special folders.xml right click and open it using notepad (you MUST be the administrator, or use safe mode or administrator account)

so the point is -for example- to replace all the "../data/sigfx" with the actual path like " C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/sigfx"

so to make it easier just open the notepad file and replace the whole thing with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--
This XML file is used to read special folder locations into SIOS, such as the SIOS data and the application data folder.

Each property list represents a new folder to register.
The "path" contains the relative path from the folder of this XML file up to the folder where the data folder can be found.
The "name" contains the name of the special folder to register.
-->

<record>
<list id="items">
<record path="data" resource_root="true">
<string id="name" value="app_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data" resource_root="true">
<string id="name" value="sios_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/sigfx" resource_root="true">
<string id="name" value="sigfx_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<!-- not a resource root, as the same folder has already been added as the sios folder -->
<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data">
<string id="name" value="database_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<!-- not a resource root, as the same folder has already been added as the sios folder -->
<string id="name" value="match_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<!-- not a resource root, resource manager doesn't scan language files -->
<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/languages">
<string id="name" value="language_data_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<!-- not a resource root, the updates manager will use this to find the update resource roots that are valid for the application -->
<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/updates">
<string id="name" value="updates_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>
</list>
</record>

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Here it is again with the changes I made:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--
This XML file is used to read special folder locations into SIOS, such as the SIOS data and the application data folder.

Each property list represents a new folder to register.
The "path" contains the relative path from the folder of this XML file up to the folder where the data folder can be found.
The "name" contains the name of the special folder to register.
-->

<record>
<list id="items">
<record path="data" resource_root="true">
<string id="name" value="app_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data" resource_root="true">
<string id="name" value="sios_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/sigfx" resource_root="true">
<string id="name" value="sigfx_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<string id="name" value="database_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<string id="name" value="match_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<!-- not a resource root, resource manager doesn't scan language files -->
<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/languages">
<string id="name" value="language_data_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>

<!-- not a resource root, the updates manager will use this to find the update resource roots that are valid for the application -->
<record path="C:/Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2012/data/updates">
<string id="name" value="updates_folder" translate="false"/>
</record>
</list>
</record>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)