[FML] Serie A 2009/2010 (8 Viewers)

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
At least Ranieri could have stopped Inter. I don't rate Spaletti and don't think he is a reliable coach because he can't properly organise the defence and he doesn't know how to maintain an equal rivalry with stronger clubs in Serie A. His record against Juventus in Serie A speaks for himself (0 wins, 3 draws, 15 defeats).

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
Yeah .. That's true. I don't know if you remember, but it really is the game against Real last year that makes us understand our true value. We were in a big crisis and we won against them (they were pretty good with Schuster at that time) and then, we came to the Bernabéu and beat them. That was really two vibrants games. I thank him for that. Otherwise, he's a very stubborn coach that will help quite a lot Roma :)D).

conmebol

Sep 30, 2007
Ranieri to replace Roma's Spalletti? Tuesday 1 September, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are numerous reports that Roma will fire Luciano Spalletti today and bring in ex-Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri.

The Giallorossi have had their worst Serie A start since the year of their relegation, propping up the table with zero points and a –3 goal difference.

According to state television RaiDue, President Rosella Sensi made a phone call to Ranieri and enquired as to his availability.

Spalletti’s future at the club had already been in grave doubt throughout the summer, but he turned down offers from Zenit St Petersburg to stick with the Olimpico side.

The Coach has been vocal in his disappointment at the lack of transfer activity, as the Giallorossi have sold Alberto Aquilani for £18m, but goalkeeper Bogdan Lobont is their biggest buy.

Matters came to a head on Monday when fans staged a protest at the Trigoria training ground and some even demanded Spalletti’s resignation.

He complained following the 3-1 defeat to Juventus that the team “lacks the fighting spirit” and effectively ignored his orders.

That may well have been his final game in charge, as there are reports that Ranieri is rushed in to take over just two rounds into the season.

Ranieri is free to accept the job, as he negotiated a settlement with Juventus after he was sacked in May.

It is a dream for the ex-Chelsea tactician, who was born in Rome and has never disguised he supports the Giallorossi.

www.football-italia.net

same thing here

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah .. That's true. I don't know if you remember, but it really is the game against Real last year that makes us understand our true value. We were in a big crisis and we won against them (they were pretty good with Schuster at that time) and then, we came to the Bernabéu and beat them. That was really two vibrants games. I thank him for that. Otherwise, he's a very stubborn coach that will help quite a lot Roma :)D).
We beat Madrid at the bernabeu with Ferrara too, and they had the ballon d'or winner with them

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sorry I know goal.com articles are banned but this is to hilarious to be true:

Claudio Ranieri To Replace Luciano Spalletti As Coach Of Roma – Report
The Giallorossi could be set for a switch at the top, following a dismal start to the campaign.

Roma fans are becoming increasingly discontented with their current coach Luciano Spalletti, following a disappointing summer of transfers and two poor performances to kick start the 2009/10 Serie A season.

In fact, as a result of their two defeats to Genoa and Juventus respectively, the proud Roman club are bottom of the league table, after two rounds of football.

Consequently, there have been rumours emerging suggesting that Spalletti could be out of the job in the coming days, with some potential replacements already being lined up.

According to Sky Sports, one of those is Claudio Ranieri, the former boss of Juventus, and a man that has plenty of experience in the Italian topflight.

The reports go on to suggest that the Giallorossi will meet with their current coach tomorrow to discuss his position, however it is expected that he will be shown the door, which may allow Ranieri to step in.

Ok if this ends up being true good luck dodging relegation Roma. Hey maybe we can sell them Molinaro now!
It's the same story Espectro reported before you in Italian:

ESCLUSIVA TMW - Roma, Spalletti può lasciare: pronto Ranieri
31.08.2009 23.35 di Alfredo Pedulla'
Luciano Spalletti si sta allontanando dalla Roma, in preda a una crisi di nervi e deluso dalle operazioni di mercato. Domattina riunione decisiva, la rottura appare sempre più probabile. Tra l'altro Spalletti è stato nuovamente cercato dallo Zenit, ma questa è un'altra storia. In caso di rottura, Claudio Ranieri favorito e in vantaggio su Mazzarri.

:lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's the same story Espectro reported before you in Italian:
My bad:sergio:

Hey.. That was a friendly, don't be too proud about it.
It was a victory in the peace cup semifinal in front of their home fans for a major team that had a lot to prove to the world after their failures last season and their cash splashing this summer. And that's not even including how badly they wanted revenge against us for last season. Don't tell me not to proud of that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)