Fiorentina: It's all over (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Stephañho, if you dont mind me asking, where are u from? Becuase this is english of a high standard. Repeating what Dj Juve asked, do you study literiture?

Thats was the best english i have ever seen in a single post:thumb:.

It sounded heart felt, as if you had feeling for Fiorentina. Or it was a very sarcastic comment.

brilliant, pure brilliance.
The man is from Belgium - the French speaking part. Suprising, isn't it?! ;) :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
New Fiorentina to start from C2 Saturday 3 August, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now almost certain that the new Fiorentina club will begin its existence from Serie C2, the Italian fourth division.

The announcement was made by Serie C League President Mario Macalli after speculation on whether the side could feature in C2 or the more prestigious C1.

“Fiorentina 1926 Florentia has been officially created with the Mayor of Florence as its President,” explained Macalli following the bankruptcy of the original AC Fiorentina this week.

“The club must now find financing, a board of directors and the necessary capital before we can all sit down and agree on a division for this new entity.”

“Considering the problems they have gone through recently I think that Serie C2 would be most suitable.”

Macalli however assured that this was by no means a snub to the side. “Previously only Palermo had been given this honour of playing in C2 after these financial troubles and I believe this is an important division.”

The rules would usually relegate a bankrupt club straight into the Eccellenza amateur League, but due to Fiorentina’s historical significance a new club with a similar name has been allowed to start from the professional divisions.

The final decision on the division will be made on Monday, but in the meantime the new club is beginning to take shape.

Mayor of Florence Leonardo Domenici could hand over the reigns of the presidency to former politician Piero Barucci, while Como President Enrico Preziosi is prepared to become the majority shareholder.

A new sponsor has already been found as the Villani bakery has offered around £30,000 to help build enough capital for the new club.

“We would like to give our contribution for the new Fiorentina,” said Simone Villani, “and a concrete move for the city of Florence.”

The Villani shop is well known to fans as it stands only a few feet from the Curva Fiesole of the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

As the new Fiorentina grows, the old club prepares its funeral. A shareholders’ meeting has been called for September 5 in which the remaining funds will be divided up or an official bankruptcy request made.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++
:rolleyes:

Your irreverence counter to an institution is truely uncalled-for! Now pay some respect to this dying institution or at least stay in the shades if this about what that whole mess inspires the both of you... Please!? :rolleyes:
If you don't mind me saying,
Viola fans would be overjoyed if this were to happen to juve (they hate our guts in case you did not know).
It's hard to feel too compassionate with them,
I'm mostly sad for Italian football in general, both for losing a great team and for what this forebodes for other major clubs in the league.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
Viola fans would be overjoyed if this were to happen to juve (they hate our guts in case you did not know).
So?... Trace your attitude from theirs at your conveniance.

One of Serie A's giant died overnight, I'm glad to notice most of you don't feel the shell-shock. You may support a certain club at the detriment of its rivals. Yet, anyone sensitive would abstain from publically exulting...

Ciao.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
on
1 hand I am glad
Since these people have always given Juventus a harder time then other opponents

They even hate Juve altough juve look at them as a mear rowdy younger siblings

on the other hand I am sorry for them

So in honour of Fiorentina I went to play football in a purpule shirt tooday....
:D Big Success.......

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well the less successful team always hate more than the more successful, the way you hate Real Madrid for instance

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Well the less successful team always hate more than the more successful, the way you hate Real Madrid for instance
that was so pathetic its almost funny
:howler::(:undecide:

Best team in Europe Juve

Best team in S America River

Best Team in World :undecide::undecide::undecide:

ps. Definetley not Real Madrid ds.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Wake up man, only the blind and the most stubborn fanatic will place Juve as the best team in Europe.

What are actually basing your observations on, is it the 9-2 European cups or of course thats not important, or is it the fact that RM were voted the best club side of the century

Or is it perhaps its because they have the best players and can get any players they want

How many |Libertadores has River Plate won btw or are you basing all this on Fantasy

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
We were the best in the world from 96- 98 until our ridiculous transfer policy set us back a long way that we are now playing catch up to teams we were so better than

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

How many |Libertadores has River Plate won btw or are you basing all this on Fantasy
Just as Juve in Italy
And Barca in Spain

River is the current leader of most League Titles

and they are ahead by as much as Juve is ahead to Milan

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Former Serie A star Pietro Vierchowod has been appointed the new Coach of Fiorentina 1926 Florentia.

The 43-year-old retired player, nicknamed ‘The Tsar’, takes on his second management job after sitting on the Catania bench last season.

The new Fiorentina, created after the bankruptcy of AC Fiorentina last week, will start its history books from Serie C2.

Florence Council’s Minister of Sport Eugenio Giani announced the news this morning.

Although Vierchowod had been linked with the position before, the favourite to take charge was former Bologna boss Renzo Ulivieri.

Eugenio Fascetti was appointed to the 'old' Fiorentina, but passed on the opportunity to carry on his work in Serie C2.

It is a return for one-time Italian international Vierchowod, as he played with the Fiorentina shirt in 1981-82 before wearing the colours of Roma, Milan, Juventus, Sampdoria and Piacenza.

----------------------
Football Italia
----------------------

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Pietro Vierchowod spoke to the fans for the first time since his appointment as Coach of Fiorentina 1926 Florentia.

“I am overjoyed to be back in Florence,” said the defender who had worn the Viola shirt in 1981-82. I know there is a great deal to do here, but this challenge does not scare me.”

The 43-year-old beat competition from Renzo Ulivieri, Antonio Di Gennaro and Alberto Cavasin in order to take charge of the new club in Serie C2.

“As soon as director Giovanni Galli asked me if I would be willing to accept this job I said yes. I really want to see how I do in an emotional battle against the odds.”

The club was created last week following the bankruptcy of AC Fiorentina, but effectively there is no team of players. All the Viola stars are free from their contracts.

This is a particularly tricky situation for a club that makes its official debut in the Coppa Italia C against Pisa on August 21.

“I realise that time is not on our side,” affirmed Vierchowod, “but there are no problems as I have a solid club behind me that guarantees intelligent planning.”

“Above all, I also have enthusiastic fans to support us all. We will field youngsters in the Coppa and attempt to be ready for the start of the season. I’m aiming for a squad that has a good mixture of experience and youth.”

The former Fiorentina youth team is still technically at their disposal, even if the players are not under contract.

All under the age of 21, Inter have shown particular interest in captain Gabriele Baronetto, a talented midfielder with great promise for the future.

Patron Diego Della Valle warned, “I’d like to send a message to those clubs who are trying to snatch our youth players. Let them show friendship to Fiorentina by not poaching our best men in this time of need.”

“As for the players themselves,” he added, “staying with us would be an investment for their own future. Here you can gain first team experience and earn results with the Viola.”

------------------------------------
Football Italia
------------------------------------

I hope they make it back up here soon.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
I think the whole of Italy should boycott Roma and Lazio
and refuse to buy any of their players for

more then like 1million dollars tops

in that way we can force them to Bankurptcy
:devil:

unlike Fiorentina I won't be sorry for them

Rome can go back to having fights in the Colloseum
or letting the clerks of the Vatican play their sacred matches.....

;)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I didn't care when Fiorentina went bankrupt (though it slightly shocked me as I didn't expect others would let it happen) and I won't care if Lazio or Roma goes bankrupt as well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)