Finally, Moggi Ponders move for Van Bommel (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
he is talented no doubt, i rememebr a amzing volley...truely outstanding one at that, but imo he is still a tosser, where as cassano is a still a brat, van bommel, appears a a total git, somone u would want to punch..............

but at the end of the day, he is free, and talented......so always good.

But will he fit in the teams mentality...with Z and possibly cassano??

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
he's had a great season up to now.
Well, good.. but he's getting on a bit isn't he? I'd rather get someone that adds creativity. We've already got Emerson afterall and he's the best in the business

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Van Bommel is worth considering given that he's on a free,while not neccesarily a starter he could be useful if we offload Tacch and/or Appiah.

That said,we should go for him if and only if Capello intends to play two DMs next year.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Van Bommel isn't really that defensive, he's more of a two-way midfielder. Emerson is definately more defensive then him.

And no way he's willing to sit on the bench.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i believe the same, he isnt that defensive,
i can understand a DM who attacks might loook impressive,
but his major job is to defend

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Van Bommel isn't really that defensive, he's more of a two-way midfielder. Emerson is definately more defensive then him.

And no way he's willing to sit on the bench.
The current Van Bommel plays alot like the Emerson of Roma.If Capello wanted him to I'm sure Emerson could reproduce his attacking displays in Juve,with his strong,surging runs and late charges into the box,and of course that famed shot of his.

Jul 12, 2002
Sorry mates, but you're all taking this the wrong way. Van Bommel is not going to replace Blasi, Tacchinardi, or Emerson. If we bought Van Bommel, which we will not, it would be to replace Nedved. Van Bommel is a playmaker, and a damn good one.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
Sorry mates, but you're all taking this the wrong way. Van Bommel is not going to replace Blasi, Tacchinardi, or Emerson. If we bought Van Bommel, which we will not, it would be to replace Nedved. Van Bommel is a playmaker, and a damn good one.
I don't agree. I think van Bommel would fill in nicely next to Emerson in midfield. He's surely a better player than Blasi

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think Van Bommel fits perfectly next to Emerson too. Both can feed the forwards and defend and they can combine very well

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he wiull go to barcelona,,,,today while milan and psv were pla6ing,,,,the commentarist said that it was a done deal.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
he wiull go to barcelona,,,,today while milan and psv were pla6ing,,,,the commentarist said that it was a done deal. [/QUOTE

How good he will be in our squad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)