finally it's all over... till january maybe? (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Bad bad transfer campaign. Nevermind Zlatan and Miccoli for a moment.

DEFENCE!

Look at our central defence right now. We only brought Cannavaro, he was great in his day. He plays fine for Italy still, but he was very unsettled for Inter and has been injured the entire summer. He was a great buy considering the price and i'm confident he'll do well, he isn't injury free though anymore.

Thuram, had an awfull season last year. Made one (almost) comical blunder after the other. People (me included) were talking about if it wasn't better to sell him at least we'd gain money. Now though everyone is talking wow great defence etc. ... why the change of thoughts? Has Thuram done anything in the ec04 of pre-season that i've missed?!

Furthermore you have the old-guard consisting of Ferrara(impressive, but impressive for his age that's all), Montero (who lost his tactical judgement and all he does is hack away), Iuliano (arguebly the biggest scapegoat of last season).

Than you have Leggrotaglie, he was great for Chievo. Somehow thoug he lost his brain when he came to Juve and never found it back... he became worse than our old guard. Someitmes he had a good game, but he always made that critical error which would cost us dearly.

Tudor, talented and great in his day. Due to all the well-known injury problems he has lost that talent imo and he always was slow. He missed years of experience and devoloping through his injuries and lack of fitness. I hope dearly for him to return to the 2000 Tudor, it is just wishfull thinking though.

So you see, when Cannavaro (who himself isn't a guarantee of succes) we have to call upon the mindless Leggro, the old-guard or an unfit Tudor.

Don't be surprised if we lose 4-0 against Fiorentina or Inter this yeah. In the berlusconi trophy we might've won without a conceding a goal, did you guys see though all the holes in our defence, the only thing that saved us were the bad finishing of namely Kaka and Serginho. We won't have that luck again.

So we now have reliant defence full of holes.

The thing that pisses me off the most about this is that the 15- 20 million euros spend for Zlatan could've easily solved this problem !

And that's all I've got to say about that.
good post... and I mostly agree...

Most of us have been wanting new young players (specially defenders) for a few years and I guess we'll have to wait another year.

about the part in bold: I dont know how anyone else feels, but the reason why i'm happy is not because i think we had a super successfull transfer campaign, but because things are looking a bit brighter than they did a few weeks ago. We needed Cannavaro badly since we didn't move in for Ferrari and Mexes..etc.

Anyhow, I think this season's team isn't any worse than last season's. We have a lot more options in Midfield since we have the versitile Olivera, Zambrotta, and Kapo. Also Blasi, Appiah?!, Tacchi and Emerson are reliable serie A players. We dont have any Baiocco's this season ;)

For defense, you pretty much said it all, but i can sum it up in one line:
"We have whole lot (too much) of overaged and/or injury prone players"
but what keeps me hopefull is that (you may not agree here) Canna, Thuram, Zambrotta and Buffon have played with each other a lot and i think the defense will be more solid than last season. True they are old, but look at Milan's defense. Cafu, Maldini, Stam, Costacurta, and Pancaro are all over 30 and they're fantastic. Keep your hopes up (for the next two seasons at least).

For attack, I think that getting Zlatan was great. I'm glad we have him AND Miccoli still linked with us. This may seem like a wastefull move, but in the long run, it's smarter. One of Zlatan/Miccoli were bound to be benched a lot if they were both at juve, so offloading Miccoli (temporarily i hope) keeps both happy and it helps Fabizio develope. Thankfully, Moggi hasn't forgotton about him as he stated today. Miccoli can still come back and pair up with Zlatan to form juve's future attack. The only problem now is how Miccoli feels about Juve. I'm afraid Moggi scared him too much.

Selling half of Maresca and Chiellini's contracts wasn't a bad idea either. Chielini isn't proven for top level serie A yet, so he needs time to develope. If he matures faster than Moretti, then i'm sure we'll buy him back. we have no use for him now because i'm sure he won't find a place with Zambrotta, Birindelli, and maybe even Pessotto ahead of him.
As for Enzo, We dont realy need him (it hurts to say this). In the defensive position, Blasi is better because he's a better tackler. In the offensive, Olivera is maturing fast and Kapo can support the strikers (and play on the left, which is why we got him). I'm a huge fan of Maresca and i hate to see such a passionate juve player leave, but maybe we can get him back if Appiah doesn't get his act together.

Tacticly, we shouldn't have got Kapo or Zebina in the first place. We should have just Kept Maresca and bought Oddo maybe, but economicly, Moggi made the better/tougher choice.

So, Cheer up.... it's not as bad as it seems. Juve can still do well.

PS I appologize if this post seems incoherant.. not only do I have a class soon and i got to go, but I also dont know exactly what to think about our transfer campaign!! :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
well.... at least Juve is bringing new faces to the club.

For Maresca, just be patient. Look at Brighi, he is on track... back to his old form. I am hoping everyday we can get him back to Turin.

Besides Robby Baggio came from La Viola to Turin. Can we do such a repeat? I believe so.

Btw January is not really that far. Furthermore we can concentrate on the def in January transfer market. One young player I would like to see is Julien Escude from Ajax, a pure left back (cheap, and quite talented). :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I agree with those of you who thinks juventus had a good transfer market. They definately did the best of all the other serie-A teams. Only really sad transfer occured which was the selling of half of Miccoli's contract. I believe Miccoli is more effective than Del Piero who's lost his form, Miccoli has also more pace than the other strikers we have, making this a distinctive option with him.

But I see this season as the transition season, we have a good depth to the team and can compete with any team in europe! Again Miccoli IMO is more effective than Del Piero but I agree that DP's Captain role is needed for this new JUve. I believe after this season, faces like MAresca n Miccoli (who are co-owned) could return if they play well (considering first team places) and DP might as well b on his way as bench player. Canna is also bought only to fill the gaps in defense for max 2 years, but next year we should really be looking for a good young defender.

SO I see the overall transfer as preparing for the new Juve yet at the same time still having the qualities to compete in Europe. Defense isn't the greatest on paper but I think we'll do well. We have a much stronger midfield than last year and Zlatan will be a star. He is a brilliant striker and younger than Miccoli (if I'm not mistaken), so what's all the talk of ruining Juve's Future?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++
Dominic, I think that everybdy count on Capello to make wonders with Legro and Tudor for example...
that brings up a another positive point.

last season, most of the players' forms were bellow their respective standards. Maybe Cappello can spark something with the underacheivers and/or young players like Legro, Tudor, Appiah, Blasi and maybe even Camo. When these players are on top of their form (or even play to their average form) the can start for almost any serie A team. They'll be very usefull.

Imagine the 2000-Tudor and the Chivero-Legro as subs for the solid Cannavaro & Thuram pertership!!

so, there's room for improvement and we have good things to look forward to.
Cappello did a great job with players like Mancini, and Cassano at Roma.. I dont see why he can't help out these players and help Olivera and Kapo integrate in serie A.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by «ƒÕ®zå JüV€» ] ++

they are both completley diffrent player but giving micoli off to fironetina may be a good thing for him he himself has always wanted to play for them and yet if he stayed back home he wouldnt really get a chnace to play that much am i dispointed yes but have we lost more than we gained , no!
come on if maersca stayed back where would u fit him in, yes we could have offred other players but moggi isnt all that stupid
i mean look at that we got emerson!! emerson and blasi's back better than ever. while kapo whos just incredible on the pitch why do u feel like u lost?
i don't think micoli wanted this , reports said that he is dissappointed and he mentioned lecce not fiorentina ..

kapo ?! i don't agree with u he needs 2 years to settle and 2 more to be a regular :)

juve always had4quality forwards we didn't get old player to cover i miss Padavano's days remember 1995-96 vialli , del piero , ravanelli , padavano 1996-1997 boksic , del piero , vieri , amorosou

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
The main point is not if we are happy with the transfers campaign, but that Capello as received the players he ask for...we need to give him the players he wants, and that is what Moggi has do...IMO, he can manage this team and make it as competitive as any other big team in Europe....

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The main point is not if we are happy with the transfers campaign, but that Capello as received the players he ask for...we need to give him the players he wants, and that is what Moggi has do...IMO, he can manage this team and make it as competitive as any other big team in Europe....
Yeah...we all shoult rely on Capello.
trust what he is doing,he is one of the best on this job.

FORZA JUVE!!!!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
- Majed(you made a great post yourself, thanks) and Peto, thanks a lot for being the first with a decent/sensible reaction to my post.
I dearly hope Capello can do wonders with the underperforming players..

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
Why is everybody talking about Maresca and Miccoli as if they were Zidane or Maradona? Miccoli is needed, yes I agree, but only because we need 4 good forwards. Miccoli is 25 and regarded as a player with a big future. Zlatan is 23 and has so far done much more than Miccoli, but he doesn´t have a big future or what? Capello was willing to sacrifice Miccoli to get Zlatan, that has to tell you all something! Dot forget we have Olivera, he has so far been great

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
Why is everybody talking about Maresca and Miccoli as if they were Zidane or Maradona? Miccoli is needed, yes I agree, but only because we need 4 good forwards. Miccoli is 25 and regarded as a player with a big future. Zlatan is 23 and has so far done much more than Miccoli, but he doesn´t have a big future or what? Capello was willing to sacrifice Miccoli to get Zlatan, that has to tell you all something! Dot forget we have Olivera, he has so far been great
No doubt, Zlatan has done more than Miccoli...

Most of us who are undecided about the transfer campaign is because we wanted both players.. We saw Zlatan **AND** Miccoli is the future juve attackers.

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

No doubt, Zlatan has done more than Miccoli...

Most of us who are undecided about the transfer campaign is because we wanted both players.. We saw Zlatan **AND** Miccoli is the future juve attackers.
Thats exactly my point, you seem to forget that TRez is only one year older thanm Miccoli, but somehow most of you see Miccoli in Juves future but not Trez even do he is only one year older, the promising tag has to come off when your are 25 years old,.

but sure I wanted Miccoli to stay and I was even expecting it

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++

Thats exactly my point, you seem to forget that TRez is only one year older thanm Miccoli, but somehow most of you see Miccoli in Juves future but not Trez even do he is only one year older, the promising tag has to come off when your are 25 years old,.

but sure I wanted Miccoli to stay and I was even expecting it
I agree.. the "promising prospect" tag should expire pretty soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)