finally it's all over... till january maybe? (2 Viewers)

May 28, 2004
New boys satisfy Moggi Thursday 2 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi is pleased with his work in the summer transfer market.

The club had done relatively little until they swooped for Fabio Cannavaro and Zlatan Ibrahimovic just hours before the deadline.

"I apologise for all of my lies but I have a tough job," he told journalists. "If I told you everything then we would struggle to complete the signings we want.
"Negotiations regarding Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic were difficult but it is just important that they are here.

"I’m convinced that they will give much to Juventus. We already had a good squad but we are now very competitive."

However, the arrival of those two players has seen the club sell Fabrizio Miccoli to Fiorentina.

"We had to sacrifice an important player," added Moggi. "Yet we still own a share in him and we will keep a close eye ohim this termn .

"Marek Jankulovski of Udinese? If we had signed him too then we would have simply been too strong…"

With the club having unlocked their chequebook over the summer, Moggi has now asked the fans to do the same.

"It is our objective to sell 35,000 season tickets," he continued. "I hope they have the same enthusiasm as us for the new campaign."

Channel4.com

I forgive You Moggi:D

Giuseppe#10

Jun 28, 2004
i dont understand : "Marek Jankulovski of Udinese? If we had signed him too then we would have simply been too strong…" i guess he didnt want us to be too strong ?? lol

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

that brings up a another positive point.

last season, most of the players' forms were bellow their respective standards. Maybe Cappello can spark something with the underacheivers and/or young players like Legro, Tudor, Appiah, Blasi and maybe even Camo. When these players are on top of their form (or even play to their average form) the can start for almost any serie A team. They'll be very usefull.

Imagine the 2000-Tudor and the Chivero-Legro as subs for the solid Cannavaro & Thuram pertership!!

so, there's room for improvement and we have good things to look forward to.
Cappello did a great job with players like Mancini, and Cassano at Roma.. I dont see why he can't help out these players and help Olivera and Kapo integrate in serie A.
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The main point is not if we are happy with the transfers campaign, but that Capello as received the players he ask for...we need to give him the players he wants, and that is what Moggi has do...IMO, he can manage this team and make it as competitive as any other big team in Europe....
Exactly guys, you read my mind here... :D

@ Dominic, no need to thank me, thanks for yourself for making a decent discussion here...

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

that brings up a another positive point.

last season, most of the players' forms were bellow their respective standards. Maybe Cappello can spark something with the underacheivers and/or young players like Legro, Tudor, Appiah, Blasi and maybe even Camo. When these players are on top of their form (or even play to their average form) the can start for almost any serie A team. They'll be very usefull.

Imagine the 2000-Tudor and the Chivero-Legro as subs for the solid Cannavaro & Thuram pertership!!

so, there's room for improvement and we have good things to look forward to.
Cappello did a great job with players like Mancini, and Cassano at Roma.. I dont see why he can't help out these players and help Olivera and Kapo integrate in serie A.
good post :thumb:

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The main point is not if we are happy with the transfers campaign, but that Capello as received the players he ask for ...we need to give him the players he wants, and that is what Moggi has do...IMO, he can manage this team and make it as competitive as any other big team in Europe....
do think that he did ??
didn't he ask for either oddo , cesar and janko ??

he didn't get any

who will be our flankers this season ?

zambrotta and ...... ???? noboday

birindelli , camo , oliveraand kapo are our only options !!!

which aren't that good

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

do think that he did ??

he didn't get any

which aren't that good
To think no one can replace Zambrotta effectively... allready gives my head a buzz.......

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

do think that he did ??

he didn't get any

which aren't that good
he said that he's happy with this team, so I'll take that as yes...

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by P.E.T.O ] ++

he said that he's happy with this team, so I'll take that as yes...

he must say that , do u think that if he wasn't happy he would say so ?!?!

he is trying to improve the players and the fans moral that's it

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

which aren't that good
Olivera and Camo on the right, Nedved and Kapo on the left.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Olivera and Camo on the right, Nedved and Kapo on the left.
hmmm nedved is not a winger or a flanker

the rest ?!?

olivera : not his position so he needs time to adapt to a winger
kapo : i don't think that he is juve bound
camo : for god sake how can some of u consider him as a good player he plays like ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)