Finally, Del Piero Strikes Back (1 Viewer)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
AGI) - Lisbona, 9 giu. - Del Piero risponde alle dichiarazioni di Trapattoni su Totti: "Non ho niente meno di lui". - Evidentemente le esternazioni del ct azzurro, che ieri aveva definito Francesco Totti il Platini italiano, non sono piaciute ad Alex Del Piero, che oggi ha risposto al commissario tecnico: "Non do molto peso al giudizio di Trapattoni - ha detto il fantasista della Juventus - comunque Totti è Totti e io sono Del Piero. Ma se mi chiedete, per orgoglio vi dico che non ho nulla meno di lui" e ha aggiunto: "Ora conto sull'effetto sorpresa, forse non avere più sulle spalle il peso di essere io il trascinatore può aiutarmi a vivere questa avventura. Ma tanto so che, se gioco novanta o dieci minuti, le mie prestazioni saranno analizzate molto attentamente". Commentando poi il risultato di un sondaggio del Sole 24 ore secondo cui è lui il giocatore più rappresentativo del calcio italiano, Del Piero ha detto: "Sono molto contento, anche se credo che il Trap non abbia votato per me".

TRANSLATION:

Del Piero has replied to Trap's words about Totti: "I have nothing less than him"- Obviously, Trap's praise towards Totti whom he defined as Italy's Platini didn't please to Del Piero, who has today replied to the national coach: "I don't give much importance to Trap's judgement-said Juventus' "fantasista"- Anyway Totti is Totti and I am Del Piero. But If you asked me, I'd say that he is no better than I am" Then Del Piero added: "I count on the surprise effect, because not having the leader's task lying on my shoulders anymore will help me live this adventure in a better mood. But I know that whether I play ten ou ninety minutes, my performances will be watched and analysed quite closely" Commenting on the result of a survey led by Sole 24 according to which he is Italian soccer's most representative emblem, Del Piero said: "I am very happy, even though I do not think Trap has voted for me"

:dazed: :D
NOW I'M CERTAIN DEL PIERO WILL GIVE HIS VERY BEST TO GET BACK TO HIS PAST GLORY. TOTTI & CO: WATCH OUT! :fero: :devil:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Forza Del piero.... i Know one thing i don't care if you would say about me that am Optimistic , But Del piero Is gonna Kick some As$ES....

Forza Del piero........................Froza Dp the Great !

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Actually i have never seen Del Piero comparing himself to other players. Dont let that be a habbit, Alex!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
your right , But he is not comparing himself as you think , he just think that he has to announce every1 to watch him !

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Stupid Del Piero :wallbang:... Italia dont need this kinda comment at this time... being offensive towards your coach and teamates certainly wont help your chances to be picked for the starting eleven either...

Aug 26, 2003
I don't know if this comment by Del Piero was that good, but we will see!!

But i must agree with what he says, everything says Totti, Totti, Totti I can't hear this anymore, ok Totti is a super player but IMO not to compare with Zidane or with Platini!!!

Totti has to show his abbility on the highest level and the pressure is on him, not on Alex so i think it is an advantage for del piero!!

I hope he showes the world that he is as good as totti!

forza Alex!!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Ale seems to be very motivated! I like that and wish him the best! Hopefully, he does good and shows what is really in him. He had such a great start in the season, but was twice injured! Ale all the way!

Sep 14, 2003
He's not as important to gli Azzurri as Totti is, sorry to say (start the flames!). The very fact that he is chosen ahead of Cassano regardless of form should be enough for him to be thankfull.

Anyway, let's hope he uses his dis-pleasure in a positive way and has a magical Euro 2004.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Well if he actually said that then his quickly losing his integrity.
and I'm quickly losing my ability to write grammatically correct sentences :wallbang::groan:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Martin\Giuly lookalike why do you say he's losing his integrity?

He aint saying he's better than Totti. But he's just sounding off Trap not to understimate his own abilities. Dp's showing faith in his abilities and that's a good thing. Considering what he's been through in the big tournaments not so long ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)