Final | Portugal - Greece (3 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
everybody sould also consider this,
there is a diferense between league and cup.
league can show us the best win,
by the time champions league isn t a league anymore we will see finals like porto-monaco.
the cup involves luck,a lot,
an underform of a big player,a red card, a penalty, a minor acc may disqualify a team,
a better team that souldn t go like this.
so all the teams in a cup strugle, sould be very carefull and very constant,the Czechs werent perfect,they souldn t lose by any mean,its there fault and only,it doesnt matter if yr opponent is france or malta,
u sould always be after the win
and never loose if u wonna go further,
this is priority one.
amuse the funs goes after(even greece would start dribbling after winning3-0)
the one who will achieve this, by any means, worths to be the cup winner.
by this point of view Greece was the best team.
deny this
and deny every cup winner so far!
if u are interested to really see the best team u sould make a league-championship on them!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Latvia weren't that bad, they played well against the Czechs and should have had 3 penalties against Germany. They were actually quite strong, especially when they shocked Turkey to qualify
Oh god, fine. Did you have a good time looking at Latvia? Don't think so. I look at the European Championship because I want to see players do things I can't do. I can do what the players of Latvia do.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Oh god, fine. Did you have a good time looking at Latvia? Don't think so. I look at the European Championship because I want to see players do things I can't do. I can do what the players of Latvia do.
I didn't have a good time looking at Greece either, and I could probably do a lot of what the Greek players did... but look where it got them

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

I didn't have a good time looking at Greece either, and I could probably do a lot of what the Greek players did... but look where it got them
Then you should be playing for Panatinaikos, and not writing on Juventuz Forums :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I didn't have a good looking at Greece either, and I could probably do a lot of what the Greek players did... but look where it got them
Yes, indeed, but that's not why you look at professional football. I don't need to see other people do what I can do myself. That's just useless. I want to look at players like Del Piero, Rui Costa, Zidane and Beckham in admiration. Or I want to look at a team in admiration (like Italy in 2000 or France in 98). I do not want to look at a team that isn't capable of doing anything special.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
Then you should be playing for Panatinaikos, and not writing on Juventuz Forums :)
Naaah... I had an offer, but I don't like their jersey :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Then you should be playing for Panatinaikos, and noton Juventuz Forums :)
I'll keep that in mind. I'll send you a card when I'm playing for Panathinaikos in 2 years.

I mean I can do what they do, but slower. I cannot do what Del Piero can do.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Football players can be compared to the gladiators in the Roman time. They're there to amuse the crowd. That's not what Greece did. Sorry guys, football really isn't that much about winning. Athletics and cycling and stuff like that are. Football is just a game, it isn't an actual sport.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sorry guys, football really isn't that much about winning. Athletics and cycling and stuff like that are. Football is just a game, it isn't an actual sport.
:wth: are you serious? What makes you think football is any less competitive?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004

I'll keep that in mind. I'll send you a card when I'm playing for Panathinaikos in 2 years.
I actually wrote that to Gray when he said he can play as well as the Greek NT did ;)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Football players can be compared to the gladiators in the Roman time. They're there to amuse the crowd. That's not what Greece did. Sorry guys, football really isn't that much about winning. Athletics and cycling and stuff like that are. Football is just a game, it isn't an actual sport.
Hmmm... ok... if football isn't about winning... what is it about?

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
Why did the fool run face first into the netting:LOL::LOL: He had good pace though:cool:
thats what i was thinking, wow this guy has got speed... and then he breaks the eventful run by jumping into the net:D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

You should've made yourself clearer in the first place :D

Oh I'm sorry, I thought quoting someone's post meant that you were adderssing them

:)

Yeah, but thatd last comment was in general, and it was the only example I could think of, altho probably a bit out of place.

Sooreeey mate [/australian accent] :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

:wth: are you serious? What makes you think is any less competitive?
Mainly because football players train less and don't need medals in order that they wouldn't be forgotten. Football is about amusing the crowd, whereas other sports aren't. Well, they are, but to a lesser extent.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I said that in the part you quoted. Perhaps you should read before you quote and comment.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Greece may not have been the most talented team at Euro (they probably weren't in the top 10 even) but you can't deny that they played like the best TEAM. Imagine if France or Italy played as a team, played as hugry as Greece did. They would have been unstoppable.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
if Azerbaijan and Belarus goes to the world cup final they clearly plays better than Italy-Brazil...so why not?
They clearly won't play better. Neither did Greece play better than the Czech Republic or France.
How can you be so DAMN sure?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
If you've ever seen a great Brazil team in full flight, you should already know the answer to that.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I said that in the part you quoted. Perhaps you should read before you quote and comment.
1. I always read before I quote and comment.

2. Here is what you've written:
"Football players can be compared to the gladiators in the Roman time. They're there to amuse the crowd. That's not what Greece did. Sorry guys, football really isn't that much about winning. Athletics and cycling and stuff like that are. Football is just a game, it isn't an actual sport".

See, your word "they" in front line is applicable to the word "gladiators in the Roman time", because it is the latter in that sentence, and not the “football players”.

To me that is not an answer to a question “What is football about”. It only says "Gladiators amuse the crowd". So going back to college and taking some English lessons wouldn't hurt you at all.

So, since unlike you, I don't make assumptions about things I see, I simply did not understand what you mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)