Filip Kostic - LWB/LM/LW - Eintracht Frankfurt (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
He is 190 cm and so far scored 11 goals with his head in his career, which makes roughly 13.5% of his all goals scored, he ain't that bad with head.
don’t let facts get in the way of a narrative. He won over 50% of aerial duels last season. Hardly a weakness

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He is 190 cm and so far scored 11 goals with his head in his career, which makes roughly 13.5% of his all goals scored, he ain't that bad with head.
He just needs some grinta and not get bullied by opposition CB. I don't expect Allegri to inspire that so i hope some of our new signings (Kostic and Bremer) will inspire him instead

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
He just needs some grinta and not get bullied by opposition CB. I don't expect Allegri to inspire that so i hope some of our new signings (Kostic and Bremer) will inspire him instead
This and improve his right foot shooting.

- - - Updated - - -

Medicals tommorow

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Will be interesting to see how it works. Three at the back seems like an obvious call but we're thin at CB for 3ATB imo.
I’d say that also thin in the RM/RWB and LM/LWB positions if we were to play with 3 at the back… this unless anybody really considers DeSciglio,Danilo,Alex Sandro or Pellegrini as capable options of replacing Kostic and Cuadrado in the same roles, i think the 3-4-3/3-4–1(Pogba)-2 will be only a back-up solution on certain occasions for now.

Thing is that will see plenty of hybrid formations i’m sure because this squad is not properly equipped with depth for any exact formation but rather for a mixture of them, hopefully Allegri will somehow manage to find the right formula.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I’d say that also thin in the RM/RWB and LM/LWB positions if we were to play with 3 at the back… this unless anybody really considers DeSciglio,Danilo,Alex Sandro or Pellegrini as capable options of replacing Kostic and Cuadrado in the same roles, i think the 3-4-3/3-4–1(Pogba)-2 will be only a back-up solution on certain occasions for now.

Thing is that will see plenty of hybrid formations i’m sure because this squad is not properly equipped with depth for any exact formation but rather for a mixture of them, hopefully Allegri will somehow manage to find the right formula.
In a rebuild, you cannot expect to fix everything at once. I agree fullback is weak on both sides for us but I see the short-term fix being for this year and when more wages come off the books next year we fill those needs. Not the answer people want to hear but I think it is clear this is the goal.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
In a rebuild, you cannot expect to fix everything at once. I agree fullback is weak on both sides for us but I see the short-term fix being for this year and when more wages come off the books next year we fill those needs. Not the answer people want to hear but I think it is clear this is the goal.
I agree, i think for now patience is key, we will likely continue to test a few different hybrids and given the recurring injuries we will probably just adapt to what is available, Allegri will have a complicated task but as i said in an earlier post it takes only a couple of players to be available and fit at the right times for him and he could make everything work out, so let’s see.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yeah, that definitely could work. Also gives us the freedom to bring Cuadrado on late as a pace-changer replacing ADM late.

Will be interesting to see how it works. Three at the back seems like an obvious call but we're thin at CB for 3ATB imo.
Bonucci, Bremer, Danilo, Sandro, Rugani, Gatti. Id say we got exactly the right amount. Id be more worried that MDS is absolutely useless at wingbacj, therefore there isnt a good sub for Cuads and that it might get little too tight upfront when Chiesa comes back (but thats a good problem to have). Of course Im assuming we are planning to bring in another attacking player, Depay of whoever

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Seems like a good player based on the YT compilations. Although he doesn't really struck me as a traditional LWB or LB but rather a hybrid between a #10 and LW. In that sense I still think we need a new LB.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Seems like a good player based on the YT compilations. Although he doesn't really struck me as a traditional LWB or LB but rather a hybrid between a #10 and LW. In that sense I still think we need a new LB.

he is not a LB, it seems defensively he can be as bad as Sandro or even worst based on what i gather. I expect us to go for LB if we manage to sell off Pellegrini or when Sandro runs down the contract next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)