Fighting for third place? (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
This summer has seen both Milan clubs, AC and Inter, strengthen their squads with the likes of Nesta, Cannavaro, Rivaldo, Tomasson, Crespo and others all heading for the city.

By contrast, the other two main scudetto challengers, AS Roma and Juventus, have been far more conservative in their spending, with very few major purchases between them.

Come May, when the scudetto is decided, could this policy mean that Juve and Roma are simply fighting for third place, while the multi talented sides of the Milan giants sweep all before them?

your thoughts please! :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
i think we should be fighting in the top, and i think there's definetely 4 teams that can win this year, so third or four place is realistic for us, but so is first and second also.

i just hope we can get a good start, i think we need this more than ever this year

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    The one thing we have over the other teams is a great coach. Milan may fail because they have Ancelotti...this we must hope for because they have a fantastic team this season :scared:

I agree about the start thing..if we can win our first 5 or 6 games we put pressure on the other teams, which is an advantage to us :strong:

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
    Maybe, but look at their players, for example Milan with Rivaldo & Nesta... They have better squad, we not!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Leila ] ++
    Maybe, but look at their players, for example Milan with Rivaldo & Nesta... They have better squad, we not!
    we have montero and nedved, they not!

it's hard to judge the different squads, milans might be a bit unbalanced, don't you think?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    We'll be title contenders throughout the larger part of the season I think but we'll end up fighting for second place to avoid CL qualification rounds...

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I feel that we can mount a serious challenge for the Scudetto this season .. it's true that Milan and Inter have strengthened their squads, but we have the advantage of being more 'stable' .. Milan's Sheva in injured, while Rivaldo needs time to adapt to SerieA and at his age, it's difficult .. Inter's Crespo have become injury-prone .. and have lost his pace with injuries .. Cannavaro is great, but even when he was at Parma the team leaked in many goals ..

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
    We have to believe end support Juve-no matters what! as we always do, aren't we? With such cool fans we can achieve anything!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Paranoia, am shocked :eek: !!
    you shouldn't be.we don't really have anything to compare with them player for player,i can give an example.

forward:
    trezeguet-shevchenko-vieri:lose
    second forward:
    dp-rivaldo-crespo:lose
    playmaker:
    neddy-rui costa-zanetti:lose

see what i mean?
    i know about the stablity part,but there are also roma in that area remember?hence i am saying that it isn't so much that it's our probem if we do not win the scudetto this season,it's more that there is extremely strong competition and we may not be up to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)