Fighting for third place? (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by jaansu ] ++

And this comes from a Lazio supporter :eek:
:D

You still have to beat Lazio ;)

But for Juve not to fight for scudetto is a failure per se.

You did not have any major shocks regards new purchases to you team. Team is a bit of too well known to others, but good just the same.

Inter & Milan do are "paper tigers". If their teams gell together, well tough luck to anyone in their way. If they dont, experience & stability will prevail.

And both Juve & Roma are ahead of others in this respect.

Lazio is still to be reckoned with & we'll do our best to ruin someone's plans:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i dont want tp be another pessamist, but ur argument that other teams has to settle their new players in is false.. remember that Juventus Changed drasticly last summer even with a new couch and we still won the scudetto. so i still think that Milan and Inter have as good as shot as juventus does of winning.

now to being a realistic Optamist: i also think this is italy's year of stricking back in Europe. Juventus has a great shot at the champoins league beucase We have more depth and Lippi doesn't have to experiment as much as last year with the formation.

the Most optimistic view: Remember Juve Won the Scudetto, the Coppa italia and supper cup in the 94/95 season. the year after that juvenus won the Champions league.

Last season is almost identical to the 94/95 season. last season juve won the leauge, and were VERY CLOSE IN ALMOST winning the Coppa italia, and we won the Super Cup. so expect a champions league Trophy or at least a great performance!!
:)

Zane

Aug 28, 2002
I think Juve should aim at winning everything..I've always read about how new players who come to Juve noticing the vast difference in the mentality and attitude between Juve and their previous clubs..i.e. that the bianconeri should aim at winning everything...

I think this is just one of the reasons (albeit a very important one) that would keep our team right up there with the best, both in Italy and in Europe...I remember Roy Keane (during one of his saner moments) saying something like the hunger to win the championship should be there season after season regardless of whether Man U had won it 5 times in a row..I think this is the sort of attitude Juve should be taking on..remember the 98/99 season ?..after all those successes, we were suddenly like 7th or 8th in Seria A at one point..my feelings at that particular period of time: absolutely gutted; and I'm sure i wasn't the only one

If you don't have that hunger and drive, what's the use of competing anyway ? To fight for 3rd/4th place ?..I think not..

Either win or go down in a blaze of glory :fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)