Fifth Anniversary Today Of Agnelli’s Death (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2006
Juventus fans have been paying tribute to the legendary Gianni Agnelli on the fifth anniversary of his death today.

Agnelli was an Italian industrialist and the principal shareholder of Fiat empire but was also a fanatical Juventus fan, and during his lifetime was one of their most beloved patrons.

The Agnelli family took over Juventus in 1923, and Gianni was instrumental in constructing the club into Italy’s most successful-ever club.

He died at the age of 81 on January 24, 2003, and Juve’s official website has been inundated with tributes to the man.

Agnelli’s grandson, and current Juve shareholder John Elkann, has thanked everyone for their kind messages.

“Dear Juventus fans, I’m very touched to read all the messages that you have written in memory of my grandfather who was without a doubt one of Juve’s most passionate fans of all time,” a statement from Elkann reads.

“He loved the Bianconeri above everything else – the club’s determination, the genius of its champions and its unmistakable style.

“Over the last few years Juventus have had to face some great difficulties, but with the help of the extraordinary fans we are winning the battle to return to the top.

“Our objective for this year is Europe and I am convinced that we will accomplish it honouring our history and the values that made our Juventus great.”

Agnelli oversaw some of the most glorious times in Juventus’ history, and many argue that since his passing away the club has lost much of its power. Indeed some even say that if he had still been alive, then the Calciopoli scandal in 2006 which devastated Juve so badly may never have broken out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
All of our problems started after he left us,
we are useless without you G...
I bet he will be furious on our current situation, if he can see us from the heavens...

R.I.P. last competent Juventino manager...

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Agnelli: 'Senza di lui non sarei Platini'

08:27 del 24 gennaio

Il presidente dell'Uefa, Platini ricorda Gianni Agnelli a cinque anni dalla scomparsa: "Senza l'Avvocato non sarei Platini. Fu lui a volermi nella Juve a tutti i costi. Mi manca la sua capacità di dire sempre la cosa giusta".
(Gazzetta dello Sport)

The Uefa president, Platini, remembers Gianni Agnelli 5 years after his death: " Without Agnelli i wouldn't have been Platini. He wanted me at Juve at whatever cost. I miss his ability to always say the right thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)