FIFA officials arrested (3 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Apparently we used anti-terrorism and ani-racketeering laws to force Switzerland to cooperate. So perhaps a GITMO vacation for old Sepp isn't too far out of the equation.:klin:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Their jurisdiction relies on American federal law. The extradition is based on a treaty with Switzerland however.

- - - Updated - - -

Surely a new president cannot be elected under these circumstances?
:tup:

It looks complicated, but they are confident they'll have jurisdiction.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:tup:

It looks complicated, but they are confident they'll have jurisdiction.
They should know if they have jurisdiction. It's simply based on their own criminal system. I am sure they would never arrest them if they weren't sure about it. Lawyers will obviously try to argue otherwise.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maradona: 'I told you about FIFA!'
By Football Italia staff

Diego Armando Maradona felt vindicated by the FIFA corruption arrests. “People said I was crazy!”

The ex-Napoli hero has been blasting FIFA and President Sepp Blatter for years and was not surprised this morning to see seven high-ranking officials arrested as part of an FBI investigation.

“People said I was crazy!” he told Radio La Red in Argentina. “Today the FBI revealed the truth.

“FIFA has reserves of $1.5bn and there are players who earn no more than $150. Those liars were caught by surprise,” continued Maradona.

“Today there is no football, there is no transparency. Just lie to people and put on a show to re-elect Blatter.

“Now we’ll see if he gets re-elected after everything that happened. Where was Blatter when all this was going on?

"The Americans did an impeccable job and now people have to explain what’s been happening.

“The good will remain and I will take care of the bad personally. The money they earn ought to be used to build a training camp for African children.”

Maradona is no fan of UEFA either and slammed Michel Platini too.

“We want a man of football to be in charge. They came and tried to convince me with money, but I earn my money by working, not taking people for a ride.

“Platini? He is French, so if the wind blows left, he goes left. If the wind blows right, he goes right.”
Maradona really shouldn't talk as if he knows anything about any of this stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)