FIFA Confederations Cup (24 Viewers)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
I thought it was a very good match actually. france were lucky as anything Columbia deserved the win. I'm sure my columbian buddy is pretty pissed off, so was I!

Mexes, Thuram, the french Goalie, Henry were good, the rest awful especially Pedretti :frown: and Wiltord :D
Ah... come on. They could do alot better than that. The match wasn't very good. To many bad tackles and crappy passes.

Cissé was awful, and I've seen Mexes play alot better! He wasn't bad, but he looked shaky at times. Nerves...

Lizarazu sucked in the second half...

France were boooooooring during the scond half, while Colombia screwed up chances every damn time they got forward.

Maybe it's just my crappy mood today, I don't know - but I was not entertained!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
if both teams play superbly the match will be crap. You need poor play to be entertained. IF they both defended excellently it would be crap (CL final)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
if both teams play superbly the match will be crap. You need poor play to be entertained. IF they both defended excellently it would be crap (CL final)
Exactly why the EPL is entertaining.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Exactly why the danish league is NOT entertaining. They're all crap...

Maybe your right, I'm just to tired to get exited about a Confederations Cup match between France and Colombia.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
so true. no mistakes = no goals = no real entertainment

imo
very few teams can provide entertainment against top quality defending. Brazil, real Madrid, Valencia these types of team even would struggle against Milan's defence on a good day, or Italy's

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
Exactly, that was an excellent defensive performance from the team, after deciding to hold on for penalties.

I still remember Totti's penalty from that match; one of the best I've seen.
I hear they're still searching for Stam's ball that was shot into orbit............:D

OP
JuveCampione

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #31
    Anders, the match was ok.
    I really enjoyed watching Columbia in the second half. very fast!
    France were so damn lucky! they played terrible and Columbia deserved the win.
    Thuram was again a wall in the defence. without him Colubia could score goals.

anyway it was a good match! and also Japan did some nice attacks when they crashed New Zealand.

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
    Yeah me too. I guess they'll be missing a few big name players, but I'm also looking forward to seeing Adriano in action, even Ronaldinho if he's playing. He's a little over-rated IMO.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    I'm looking forward to Turkey - USA actually :cool:
    Agree.:cool:. I just love watching Emre play, kind of like flower in a trash called Inter.:D. Also, USA is defenetely one of the most underestimated team in the world. They are physically strong and certainly played entertaining football in the WC. It should be well-balanced and hard fought game, which Turkey should just about edge it!:).

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Hey, another Emre fan! :thumb: I agree about the US being underestimated. Furthermore, both teams have a fiarly attacking mind so this should be a good match.

Can anyone tell me how they select the teams for this competition? I heard that it's the champions from every continent but then what the hell are Brazil and Turkey doing there?

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
    From the FIFA website:

"France, the defending champions and gracious hosts of this 2003 edition are joined by Brazil, the winners of the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan™, along with Cameroon, Columbia, Japan, New Zealand, and the United States, the reigning champions of their respective confederations, as well as Turkey, invited to join in recognition of their performance at the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan™."

Guess that explains it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)