FIFA Confederations Cup (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
!! i can't believe Cameroon beat Brazil!!!

didn't Brazil have a 100% rescord vs. African teams!!
they beat nigeria last week without a sweat!

Did Cameroon play well?
Yup, they pushed them back very well and had several really dangerous crosses. Brazil, on the other hand, lacked finesse and vision up front.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
who is watching the japan v france game? its a little boring i really hope japan does win theyre trying harder
its 2-1 for france right now

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Yup, they pushed them back very well and had several really dangerous crosses. Brazil, on the other hand, lacked finesse and vision up front.
thnx for the 2 line summary :)

that sums it up pretty well :)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Nakamura, Nippon Banzai!:thumb:
Shunsuke was definetely the man of match, his freekick was, as usual brilliant!;). But I do have to admit had it been Buffon or Frey in goal they probably would have saved it!:p. Also, I was went crazy when Shunsuke hit a fierce right foot drive past the left hand post. I would have kissed Shusuke's ass had he scored.:D.
General, first half was tad bit boring, with a lot petty fouls, and miss passes, but second half, you have to give us the credit. We played tremendously well, and I had to think there must be a god up there that must like the French. Not to mention, penalty decisions going for the french on two successive games.:groan:. As well as just managing to win the game despite being out played badly in the second half for two games in a row.:groan:.
I also have to give credit to Takahara. He was typical himself, full of industry, strenght and holding the ball and linking well with midfield. It is just pity that Okubo isn't upto the same standard.:groan:. He has guts and pace but that simply isn't enough at top level. Endo also had very good game with hitting the post which left Bartez well beaten. Only had it been an inch lower then who knows....
As for Nakata,:groan:, I hope Shunsuke's performance waked him up somewhat. He has no heart, and desire for the national team.:stress:. And it isn't the first time he hasn't been accused of that. More:greedy:, for EPL, I guess.
As a team we played exceptional well, especially in terms of controlling the ball, and passing. Everyone gave their best beside Hide, and well, Inamoto's best is pretty much nothing, so he doesn't count.;). Alex may be the weak link in the defence, but he does contribute pretty well on the attacking side. And Tsuboi is now certainly establishing himself as a regular CB. And it will interesting what kind of partnership he can forge with Myamoto. Only pity that My fav. defender Morioka could be crowed it out.:down:.
BTW, foul on Gallas was never a foul in light years.;). A home court advantage I guess. Nevertheless, it set up for a cracking game against Columbia, and I advised you guys to not miss it.:cool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
Nevertheless, it set up for a cracking game against Columbia, and I advised you guys to not miss it.:cool:
In which case I'll have to advise you I'll miss it at all odds, just inconceivable they would show it here.

Anyway, congrats on what people seem to think was a good performance and go Nakamura, I loved that guy ever since I saw him play ball with Argentina in that game a few months ago. :cool:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
I'm turning in to a big fan of Japan. Eversince the WC, I've been waiting for a chance to watch them in action again.

At the CC they have been great IMO. The New Zealand match was kinda messy, but they still won cuz of some great goals. They should have won against France... but justice doesn't exist in football. :down:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
I'm turning in to a big fan of Japan. Eversince the WC, I've been waiting for a chance to watch them in action again.
Thank God for missing most of our match since the WC, Karlberg.;). Prior to the Confederation Cup, the form was not bad, but simply downright horrible.:down:. And before the New Zealand game, we only won one game since WC and that was beating Korea 1-0 with last minute penalty. Not to mention that we lost 1-0 at Tokyo without virtually having no effort on goal to Koreans two weeks after, and followed that soon with 4-1 thrashing by Argentina.:down:. New Zealand game was far from impressive, IMO.:groan:. IOne thing though, you Europeans sure know how to enjoy the game.:). Fans in St Etienne was fantastic!.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
As for Nakata,:groan:, I hope Shunsuke's performance waked him up somewhat. He has no heart, and desire for the national team.:stress:. And it isn't the first time he hasn't been accused of that. More:greedy:, for EPL, I guess.
Sounds like the success syndrome that's typical with the Azzurri - club over country. Don't know what's happened to him but he seems more distracted than complacent.

Congrats to Japan for an excellent performance. Always a pleasure to see Asian teams doing well. South Korea comes to mind too and can't help thinking if Japan (technical superiors) have the sheer willpower and determination of their neighbours. Anyway, I thought Troussier did a fantastic job and Zico (sceptical about good players being good managers) was really a step backward. What about the apparent difference between 2 footballing philosophies? Wouldn't it be better if Japan promoted one of her own coaches instead of going for a name?

Ale10

Jun 18, 2003
I'm really supporting Japan and want them to win it now. They definetly have the determination and dont lack talent. Capable of winning it IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)