FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (38 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
It's up there with Portugal '02, Colombia '94, and Brazil '98.

I don't know where it fits but it's in there, probably before Brazil, but behind Colombia.

Forgot about England '50.
I think the fact it is against the European Champs who have won 15 straight and are thought of as the best team in the world atm makes it huge. Plus it is not in the group stages (like portugal win) and will qualify them for a final makes it even bigger.

Spain's run had to end sometime though. I think this set back could make them even more dangerous and resolute next year. Just as the Brazil game wil for Italy (after they change up some players and tweak their system)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
c'mon Seven Spain has so many weakness points..... and yea they are overrated!!! they will choke in the world cup mark my words...
I think they'll choke in the World Cup because they're Spain. They're supposed to choke. But it's not a bad team. They dominated the entire game. With a little bit of luck they could have won 5-0. If you miss chances, it's your own fault though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think the fact it is against the European Champs who have won 15 straight and are thought of as the best team in the world atm makes it huge. Plus it is not in the group stages (like portugal win) and will qualify them for a final makes it even bigger.

Spain's run had to end sometime though. I think this set back could make them even more dangerous and resolute next year. Just as the Brazil game wil for Italy (after they change up some players and tweak their system)
Oh it's huge, but we've had some big victories.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

No no no. They're Spain. They WILL choke next year. The pressure on them is huge.

Mar 30, 2006
No no no. They're Spain. They WILL choke next year. The pressure on them is huge.
When I was in Spain all the ppl I talked to were resigned to national team failure. I think there is more pressure on Italy because their people expect so much.

But while Spain are chokers in tournaments this confederations cup is not a mark to judge by. Team want the world cup alot more and Spain have broken their curse by winning Euro last year. They are contenders for the WC as much as Brazil and More so than Italy, France and Germany

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Torres, Xabi, Fabregas, Riera...the EPL finest got owned by the MLS guys.
Yeah.. but let's have Manchester United play ..

I don't know any MLS team.

Well, let them play the champions. Whoever they are.

I always cheer for Spain and Holland in the World Cup for that exact reason.
Holland is always good, but never good enough. I think people expect too much from them. It's their own fault too. Arrogant bastards they are :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)