FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (92 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Big props to the US, and I would say it regardless if they were leading or 1 down. They know EXACTLY how to play against Spain, high and aggressive pressuring game, calculated and well set up quick counters in bursts, giving them little space, and then using their possession quite smart, not wasting time or exposing themselves. Tactically astute, bit weird the coach who is heaivly criticised is making them play like this.
It's one thing to play like this against Spain and another to play this tactic against El Salvador.

Great first half guys.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Really dangerous stuff at the back, but we have been able to hold thus far. I like it.

We can't have Spain have so much of the ball in the second half though.

I don't really think I'd make any changes right now, just make sure they know to slow the game down and try to keep the ball.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Really dangerous stuff at the back, but we have been able to hold thus far. I like it.

We can't have Spain have so much of the ball in the second half though.

I don't really think I'd make any changes right now, just make sure they know to slow the game down and try to keep the ball.
Gooch has been tremendous. I think I'm going to call him Butter Feet from now on.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Great first half, it's going to be all hands to the pump in the 2nd. US are going to have to get something on the counter attack to win.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Btw is it normal or gutsy of him to play 3 attackers? Davies, Altidore (what a duo) and Landycakes setting them up.
Donovan was playing on the left-wing and cutting inside, Dempsey was on the right and also cutting in. We usually play well with the straight 4-4-2 and intermixing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Btw is it normal or gutsy of him to play 3 attackers? Davies, Altidore (what a duo) and Landycakes setting them up.
He's playing a 4-4-2 with Dempsey and Landycakes switching sides a lot and Landy having a semi-free role. 4-4-2 is our best formation. He usually plays a 4-3-3. We don't have 3 good cm's so it doesn't really work.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's playing a 4-4-2 with Dempsey and Landycakes switching sides a lot and Landy having a semi-free role. 4-4-2 is our best formation. He usually plays a 4-3-3. We don't have 3 good cm's so it doesn't really work.
Yeah its not really 3 attackers, and even if Landycakes is tracking back way more then I see him usually, and mainly down the left, he is still more or less like a trequartista when you are attacking, not really a winger.

And it would have been something if Dempsey wasnt greedy with that chance, and let Bocanegra take the header. Spain will need to score quickly, and I think they will, but the more you hold them off, the more they will become desperate and lose confidence.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Gotta play the straight 4-4-2 even if I hate it. Jozy also needs a speedy partner up there to work off of. Only thing that works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)