FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (28 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I saw your team today if u guys play a fast ball not like italy or brazil did with Egypt ur chances will be high....
We play our best when we play quickly and on the counter-attack. We aren't the most skilled team but we do have strength and some pace, so there's a chance against Egypt. But again it's a coaching problem with our team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What's rather annoying for us Juventus fans though is that Chiellini was absolutely horrible today and I think that Buffon has been shaky for months now.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
And another game won by using the cowardly Egyptian tactic. Never let Egypt take the lead, they will sit back and defend and the whole team will suddenly get pain in every muscle in their body. God, I hate watching every single player roll on the floor, specially El Hadary. Funny guy.

Anywho, congrats to all Egyptians. And what a shitty game by Italy.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And another game won by using the cowardly Egyptian tactic. Never let Egypt take the lead, they will sit back and defend and the whole team will suddenly get pain in every muscle in their body. God, I hate watching every single player roll on the floor, specially El Hadary. Funny guy.

This I agree with. I understand time wasting and stuff. Every team does it. But Egypt take it to another level. It's a tad ridiculous.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I agree. There is little to no quality. And Lippi knows this.
And there is little to no quality in the last 7-8 generations of Italians (generation 1980 till generation 1987 that plays at the u21).

That can't be a coincidence. There must be something wrong with the system, with the youth development program, with the coaching, the tactics.

Football is developing but the Italian football isn't. They have to try different things, follow the world, change something about their old-fashioned football school and football style.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I love the reasoning.

Those who are called are weak, those who aren't called are much better.
But when those who were't called will finally be called, it will turn out that they are awful too and those who weren't called would have added much more than those who were called.

And so on and so on.

I'm not talking about Cassano and Del Piero. Those two would have certainly added quality. But people were calling for Montolivo in the past, now they're calling for Pazzini, Marchisio, Motta, Criscito...

Just face it. Italians have a huge problem and they don't even have quality youth.

I mean, Fabregas, Silva, Messi, Aguero, Pato, Sergio Ramos, Benzema are the same age, or younger, as those "super talents" that will "save Italy"...Rossi, De Ceglie, Bocchetti, Motta, Marchisio, Cigarini, or even Giovinco.

The Azzurri are in deep shit! There is no quality.
That's a little excessive.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Why didn't you tell Italy this?

If only they knew that conceding goals was a bad idea, things could have turned out differently.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What's rather annoying for us Juventus fans though is that Chiellini was absolutely horrible today and I think that Buffon has been shaky for months now.
Buffon isn't what he used to be. Maybe its the injuries, I'm not sure.

He is still a top flight keeper, but the title of "world's best", I don't know

Although I really don't think the goal was his fault

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
For the past decade when Italy wins either Del Piero or Totti is on the field. Now the Italian squad is without both and they look completely clueless.

If this is some sort of an experiment from Lippi to see if italy can survive without either then it is obviously that Italy has failed. If he believes that italy can play without either then he has gone coco.

I respect Lippi so much. I believe he is the best coach in the world, but his choices of players in the past year was anything but brilliant. I am sorry but players like Motilivo and Pepe are not close to be an Italian national team players.
Del Piero, Totti, Cassano, Pazzini..etc just few names of who should have been called. Di vaio for god sakes has deserved a call up for being the top scorer more than Gilardino or Toni. Why is Grosso still playing?? Santon is much better. Why didn't camoranesi take part of the game?

All of these are questions the require answers from Lippi.

Now to the more important matter...

EGYPT rocked. They totally owned Italy and fully deserved the 3 points.. I really wish they continue their impressive performances because if they do they will qualify and will take a run for the title. As much as i love Italy as much as I feel happy that egypt are doing well :)

Forza Egypt...

Lippi get your shit together and call Del Piero back to the national team or you won't do well in the world cup.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
4-3-2-1 should 100% be the new formation with Cassano as one of the "2" along with someone like Rossi or Camoranesi if he's on form. De Rossi should be in the middle of the 3 MFs with a good young tackler that can actually go forward like Brighi or Marchisio who by next WC should be improved.

De Rossi is one of our only dynamic, creative and quick midfielders and he's playing like a stopper in a 5 man defense. It's mind boggling. Ok, we don't have superstars but let's use the great players we have properly.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I love the reasoning.

Those who are called are weak, those who aren't called are much better.
But when those who were't called will finally be called, it will turn out that they are awful too and those who weren't called would have added much more than those who were called.

And so on and so on.

I'm not talking about Cassano and Del Piero. Those two would have certainly added quality. But people were calling for Montolivo in the past, now they're calling for Pazzini, Marchisio, Motta, Criscito...

Just face it. Italians have a huge problem and they don't even have quality youth.
You are totally right. It goes in a vicious cycle of knee jerking BS. One minute Aquilani must be on the squad, but when he is, after even 1 half, he is suddenly the worst player ever. And so it goes with several players. Fickle as shit (the rapidness a player goes from hero to zero is insane), the record is Rossi being dissed in some posts around here, and its not the yanks doing it, the hamster like memory of some around here is astounding.

Plus, Italy wasnt good, quite dissapointing, but also waaaay exaggerated how bad it was, I mean, if Iaquinta has scored 1 of his goals, not even 80% of them would be this negative at all. Zero perspective really.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And there is little to no quality in the last 7-8 generations of Italians (generation 1980 till generation 1987 that plays at the u21).

That can't be a coincidence. There must be something wrong with the system, with the youth development program, with the coaching, the tactics.

Football is developing but the Italian football isn't. They have to try different things, follow the world, change something about their old-fashioned football school and football style.
It's tactics. Italians are obsessed with tactics. Players are constantly telled what to do and when to do it. There is little to no freedom in Italian football. And this was not the case in WC 2006 team. Lippi knew his players and knew what they would do. They were given A LOT of freedom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)