FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (38 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't know if it's better for you. :D
I can't see you beating Egypt by 3. But if you beat them, even by 1 goal difference, it will mean that Italy qualifies.

So.... if you beat Egypt by 1 or 2 goals difference you'll do a mega favor to the Azzurri.
That is, if we can even come close to beating them. It really depends on Bradley not screwing up.

I'm not familiar enough with Egypt so I don't know how they'll come out against the US, a lesser team than the greats. I doubt they'll sit back as much as they did today though. Either way, we have to take initiative and attack them right away, at least making a good showing.

Perhaps their players have so much hate for the US they'll come out wanting to kill us offensively, thus leaving holes at the back. :D Or perhaps we'll throw the game for them in return for some shipments of crucial commodities.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I have a feeling that Lippi is playing us here. It doesn't make sense for the man to make these decisions. It's nothing like Lippi at all and I think he's trying to get the pressure off for the World Cup (I suspect he knows Italy aren't that good). I can't say I fully agree with that tactic, but we'll see how it turns out.
Doesnt feesible at all, I know Italy is the country of Macchiavelli, but Lippi isnt purposely duping us with this incompetence. His tactics and selections are bit complacent.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That is, if we can even come close to beating them. It really depends on Bradley not screwing up.

I'm not familiar enough with Egypt so I don't know how they'll come out against the US, a lesser team than the greats. I doubt they'll sit back as much as they did today though. Either way, we have to take initiative and attack them right away, at least making a good showing.

Perhaps their players have so much hate for the US they'll come out wanting to kill us offensively, thus leaving holes at the back. :D Or perhaps we'll throw the game for them in return for some shipments of crucial commodities.
Egypt will strugge a lot against you guys.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Lippi is getting old.

The team he fielded and the sbus were sub par.

No....a good bucnh of the players selected for the tournie just passed their prime.

Luckily there is still time for readjusments till the world cup.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Because deep down he knows Italy suck. And it's not just this generation. The next one isn't good enough. So he's going for a surprise tactic. The Azzurri who will play the first group game in next year's World Cup will be a big surprise to everyone. And Cassano will be among them.
If he knew we sucked then he wouldn't have returned to coach.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I love the reasoning.

Those who are called are weak, those who aren't called are much better.
But when those who were't called will finally be called, it will turn out that they are awful too and those who weren't called would have added much more than those who were called.

And so on and so on.

I'm not talking about Cassano and Del Piero. Those two would have certainly added quality. But people were calling for Montolivo in the past, now they're calling for Pazzini, Marchisio, Motta, Criscito...

Just face it. Italians have a huge problem and they don't even have quality youth.

I mean, Fabregas, Silva, Messi, Aguero, Pato, Sergio Ramos, Benzema are the same age, or younger, as those "super talents" that will "save Italy"...Rossi, De Ceglie, Bocchetti, Motta, Marchisio, Cigarini, or even Giovinco.

The Azzurri are in deep shit! There is no quality.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, I believe he has selected a team that won't feature in the World Cup. Gattuso will not play. Neither will Toni nor will Pepe. Half the team will be different next year. I'm not saying I agree with this tactic, but it is what he's doing. There's no other explanation. The silly changes are nothing like Lippi.
Lippi has been using Pepe throughout the qualifiers.

And you have no proof he's actually doing what you say he is.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I love the reasoning.

But when those who were't called will finally be called, it will turn out that they are awful too and those who weren't called would have added much more than those who were called.

And so on and so on.

I'm not talking about Cassano and Del Piero. Those two would have certainly added quality. But people were calling for Montolivo in the past, now they're calling for Pazzini, Marchisio, Motta, Criscito...

Just face it. Italians have a huge problem and they don't even have quality youth.

I mean, Fabregas, Silva, Messi, Aguero, Pato, Sergio Ramos, Benzema are the same age, or younger, as those "super talents" that will "save Italy"...Rossi, De Ceglie, Bocchetti, Motta, Marchisio, Cigarini, or even Giovinco.

:tup:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I love the reasoning.

And so on and so on.

I mean, Fabregas, Silva, Messi, Aguero, Pato, Sergio Ramos, Benzema are the same age as those "super talents" that will "save Italy"...Rossi, De Ceglie, Bocchetti, Motta, Marchisio, Cigarini, or even Giovinco.

I agree. There is little to no quality. And Lippi knows this.

Lippi has been using Pepe throughout the qualifiers.

And you have no proof he's actually doing what you say he is.
No, I don't. I didn't say I did. I'm just telling you right now that the team that will play the first game next year will surprise the world. And Cassano will be in it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The more I think about it, the more I know Lippi is doing this on purpose. Both Cassano AND Del Piero will feature in the World Cup. Mark my words. I'm saying this a full YEAR before the World Cup, but they will play.

Whether or not this is a good thing I don't know. But Lippi is hiding.
I remember you were the first one predicting Ale to be in the WC06;), you were spot on obviously.

If this prediction will have the same outcome as the previous one, then you're my fav ever member and a Juventuz legend to me.

No, I believe he has selected a team that won't feature in the World Cup. Gattuso will not play. Neither will Toni nor will Pepe. Half the team will be different next year. I'm not saying I agree with this tactic, but it is what he's doing. There's no other explanation. The silly changes are nothing like Lippi.
This probably makes sense. You trying to say that he selected some players to feature in this tournament because he wont be selecting them next year and he's doing this not to be unfair to many several players right?

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008

I saw your team today if u guys play a fast ball not like italy or brazil did with Egypt ur chances will be high....

Mar 10, 2009
italy do have young talent, but half arejust not being used;

1) rossi
2) giovinco
3) balotali
4) motta
5) pazzini (considered young for italians)
6) santon
7) chelini (yes he plays, but he's hardly old)
8) Marchisio

i can see another golden era, as long as the potential isnt destroyed

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love the reasoning.

And so on and so on.

Agreed. Marchisio wouldn't add much to this team either.

I think Lippi is just trying to see if he can squeeze one more World Cup out of their top players. Doesn't seem too likely though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I remember you were the first one predicting Ale to be in the WC06;), you were spot on obviously.

If this prediction will have the same outcome as the previous one, then you're my fav ever member and a Juventuz legend to me.

This probably makes sense. You trying to say that he selected some players to feature in this tournament because he wont be selecting them next year and he's doing this not to be unfair to many several players right?
That too is a factor. Lippi knows that most of those players are too old. But he wants to show this to the world and he doesn't want to cut them straight away. It would be disrespectful. As for Ale, I think he left him out to show that Italy doesn't have much quality. If there's no real talent, you have to get Ale, even if he's 35.

May 22, 2007
Marceℓℓo;2040780 said:
:agree:

With the players now, I have no idea. If Cassano was called up, then 4-3-2-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)