FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (43 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I have a feeling that Lippi is playing us here. It doesn't make sense for the man to make these decisions. It's nothing like Lippi at all and I think he's trying to get the pressure off for the World Cup (I suspect he knows Italy aren't that good). I can't say I fully agree with that tactic, but we'll see how it turns out.
feel u and with his words he looks like he want's that...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No, he said that the Egyptians are the Milan of Africa and that they're awful atm.

Yeah, one of Giorgio's worst matches. He was even worst than Cannavaro and Grosso

Close.
If you beat Egypt and Brazil beats Italy then a mini table will be created, with the results against Brazil not counted.

So far Italy has 3:2
Egupt has 1:0
USA has 1:3

If you beat Egypt by less than 3 goals then Italy will qualify. In order Italy not to qualify you either have to beat the Egyptians 3:0, 4:1 etc, or not to beat them at all.

Your chance to qualify is to beat Egypt by 3 or more and Italy to lose.
Oh, OK. Thanks for clarifying. That's much, much better.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Toni, Iaquinta, Rossi, Quaggy combined can't dribble a single player to save their week. I never liked Cassano nor will ever be a fan of his but why keep him out if you want to try something new, Lippi?

Keeping Del Piero out wasn't wise as-well. Pirlo can't score another Freekick, the man is awful freekick taker.

The only player I would have loved to see him taking Del Piero's place considering that he would be a new face (like Lippi said, he wants new faces) is Giovinco.

Contradiction is all over this squad seriously. I don't know what coaches see in Quaggy and Pepe for example. Marchisio who happens to be a DM/CM can play on the flanks better than both. Awful vision these two got.

I'm glad they were defeated tonight, this is a wake-up call for Italy and Lippi. You don't leave Cassano(comparing to these attackers) and Del Piero home. They're the ultimate show and match deciders.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Toni, Iaquinta, Rossi, Quaggy combined can't dribble a single player to save their week. I never liked Cassano nor will ever be a fan of his but why keep him out if you want to try something new, Lippi?

Keeping Del Piero out wasn't wise as-well. Pirlo can't score another Freekick, the man is awful freekick taker.

The only player I would have loved to see him taking Del Piero's place considering that he would be a new face (like Lippi said, he wants new faces) is Giovinco.

Contradiction is all over this squad seriously. I don't know what coaches see in Quaggy and Pepe for example. Marchisio who happens to be a DM/CM can play on the flanks better than both. Awful vision these two got.

I'm glad they were defeated tonight, this is a wake-up call for Italy and Lippi. You don't leave Cassano and Del Piero home. They're the ultimate show and match deciders.
The more I think about it, the more I know Lippi is doing this on purpose. Both Cassano AND Del Piero will feature in the World Cup. Mark my words. I'm saying this a full YEAR before the World Cup, but they will play.

Whether or not this is a good thing I don't know. But Lippi is hiding.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Congrats to Egypt,I wish Iraq could also go through the next round..Egypt deserves to go through,but with this result,i could see the Italian team giving an all out performance against Brazil,well at least i hope,and no more Gattuso,Toni,Pepe,Gila,and Quag for the match against Brazil..Oh how i wish del piero is in the team..montolivo-pirlo-derossi-camo-rossi with Iaquinta up top,that is probably the best formation italy could use..

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You believe Lippi is essentially losing on purpose?
No, I believe he has selected a team that won't feature in the World Cup. Gattuso will not play. Neither will Toni nor will Pepe. Half the team will be different next year. I'm not saying I agree with this tactic, but it is what he's doing. There's no other explanation. The silly changes are nothing like Lippi.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
No, I believe he has selected a team that won't feature in the World Cup. Gattuso will not play. Neither will Toni nor will Pepe. Half the team will be different next year. I'm not saying I agree with this tactic, but it is what he's doing. There's no other explanation. The silly changes are nothing like Lippi.
Why would he do that?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
And you guys are laughing at me for not believing this silly excuse?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why would he do that?
Because deep down he knows Italy suck. And it's not just this generation. The next one isn't good enough. So he's going for a surprise tactic. The Azzurri who will play the first group game in next year's World Cup will be a big surprise to everyone. And Cassano will be among them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)