FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (96 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
On a more serious note, i don't think that you should look too much into this match. We all (our national teams) were easily beaten by Brazil. No shame losing to a much superior opponent.
I believe the match vs Italy was a better indicator of your team's quality and the potential is obviously there. The work rate is amazing, some of the players, not many though, have obvious quality and although you're still far behind Brazil, Spain even Italy and England, i see your team capable of beating teams like, lets say, Ireland, Bulgaria, Belgium (sorry Seven :D ), Ukraine, Romania, Croatia etc.
Hopefully we get drawn into a group of teams more on our level during the WC.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
another USA red card....when the heat gets turned up when you're playing tougher teams than T&T and Cuba, then the cheapness follows. What a bunch of hacks we have representing our country....I know better players than what I've seen from our NT

I didnt know Feilhaber was born in Brazil, and spent his childhood there. So, along with Adu, thats 2 players born elsewhere, but playing for the USA. Are they traitors to Brazil and Ghana ??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
andy would u rather have france in yr group?? i think they r tough on yr team unless yr team starts fielding better players!
It's all about how the other country plays. I mean, we're absolutely going to have to play against one of those sides or Portugal, and they play similar to Brazil. We don't play well against the teams that come out and attack us right from the start, so I'd rather play Italy or France because they're similar and have a slower build up. The slow build up is key.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
We won't beat England as we play our best football when play similar to them. It would be like trying to beat them at their own game.

What we need is a slow opponent so we can use our speed and strength.
good point. I've only seen a match and a half of you guys in the last 3 years :D. I suppose what I should have said is I'd prefer Ireland to have to play Italy or England.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
another USA red card....when the heat gets turned up when you're playing tougher teams than T&T and Cuba, then the cheapness follows. What a bunch of hacks we have representing our country....I know better players than what I've seen from our NT

I didnt know Feilhaber was born in Brazil, and spent his childhood there. So, along with Adu, thats 2 players born elsewhere, but playing for the USA. Are they traitors to Brazil and Ghana ??
Irony is the US is a country founded on treason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)