FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (25 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What is the difference between Seven and all the other non-Italians being Italy sympathizers (or however you want to put it) and Andy and the other folk who wanted Barca to win the CL because of their 'good football'?
The reasons behind the supporting. I don't support the strongest NT at the moment to make fun of England if they beat the shit out of british "lions" and i'll support them even when they play bad, because i like the nation, the food, the people, the serie a, the players playing for Italy and so on. But i can easily see Andy cheering for Lyon in next season semis if the other three teams are english and Barca got's eliminated by pragmatic side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The reasons behind the supporting. I don't support the strongest NT at the moment to make fun of England if they beat the shit out of british "lions" and i'll support them even when they play bad, because i like the nation, the food, the people, the serie a, the players playing for Italy and so on. But i can easily see Andy cheering for Lyon in next season semis if the other three teams are english and Barca got's eliminated by pragmatic side.
I'm not suggesting that either side is right or wrong.

I'm merely wondering which of you is the pot and which is the kettle...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I dont like Barca but i dsipise man utd even more,so yeah i chose the lesser of two evils.
That's different.

There were people who started wanting Barca to win pretty much as soon as Juve went out and they cited Barca's 'good football' as the reason.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
icεmαή;2036369 said:
The return of the 'Good football' argument :D This forum has a funny way of going round in circles :p
The juventuz merry-go-round. :D

well you wanted the difference, i gave it to you. i didn't say that andy is a bad boy :p
So is liking a country's culture a better reason to support it than liking a club's footballing style?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
icεmαή;2036371 said:
btw I supported Barca so that I didn't have to see my best friend rejoice again with a ManU victory :p
Like I said to Byrone, it's different when it is just for one game and you have no real allegiance to either side involved.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The juventuz merry-go-round. :D

So is liking a country's culture a better reason to support it than liking a club's footballing style?
It's definetly more consistent reason, i don't know if better. Though the tactics of Italy or better said the english fans opinion about the tactics of Italy had the impact on my sympathies too :)

Sep 1, 2002
I might actually start siding with the English if this absurdity from Azzurri fans continues. It's incredibly strange, but many English fans have a point when it comes to Azzurri fanboys. :shocked: I wouldn't have ever bought their propaganda, but what they're selling is far better than that of some of you and your counterparts from other parts of the globe.
Do you think anyone really cares what a Mock-fan thinks or who they support?

No!

aoshimy

May 31, 2009
Of course. But Andy's a fascist who thinks that you have to scream stuff about your own nation no matter what. Doesn't matter who is playing, he just shouts U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A! I find that a bit weird. I also find it a bit weird that this fascist tells people what they can and what they can't like.
You can't blame them though. This whole patriotism, nationalistic, flag bullshit is very common among Americans. No wonder they elected Bush twice! He preached patriotism! For me and many other fans of anything, passion transcends those man-made borders.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
yes, because the footballing style of a club may change and if you change your favourite team based on that you are nothing less than a glory hunter (on an asthetic level).

i am not a friend of this whole local patriotism thing... i do not support any german team and neither do i support the team of my city ... i say "if they play crap, then they play crap" ... no need to go into the stadium to see them play just because i know they are from my city.

calling any italian supporter a glory hunter would be pretty strange, since after those really dull displays in euro2008 you have to be a real fan to still stand by that team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
yes, because the footballing style of a club may change and if you change your favourite team based on that you are nothing less than a glory hunter (on an asthetic level).

calling any italian supporter a glory hunter would be pretty strange, since after those really dull displays in euro2008 you have to be a real fan to still stand by that team.
Oh yeah.

A big round of applause to those die-hard fans that stuck by 'their' team in the dark days of only making it to a quarter final while being world champions.

i am not a friend of this whole local patriotism thing... i do not support any german team and neither do i support the team of my city ... i say "if they play crap, then they play crap" ... no need to go into the stadium to see them play just because i know they are from my city.
I can never agree with this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What is the difference between Seven and all the other non-Italians being Italy sympathizers (or however you want to put it) and Andy and the other folk who wanted Barca to win the CL because of their 'good football'?

No, that discussion was about Barcelona fans like Maher and a couple of others. If people want Barcelona to win because they like them, I have no problem with that. It's not the same as being a diehard fan though. And I'm not a diehard Italy fan either. In fact, the only team I truly support is Juventus.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If people want Barcelona to win because they like them, I have no problem with that.
Exactly.

So why do some people (Andy) feel it is fine to want Barca to win, but then feels it is fine to be abusive to non-Italian Italy fans?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)