FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (95 Viewers)

Jun 13, 2007
ßüякε;2035645 said:
Andy said A, you said C, he said someone WITHOUT citizenship.
You're missing the point. Since virtually anyone can obtain an Italian citizenship, no one is restricted from being an Italian national team player, thus why should non-italians be restricted from being Azzurri fans?

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
ßüякε;2035674 said:
Well, you're only succeeding in being an asshole.
Am I being an asshole because I'm turning the tables on Andy and he's having a seizure? Maybe he should be more respectful to people on this board and not do things like wish career ending injuries on players.

Personally I don't care who you cheer from or where you're from but it's fun to see this guy flip out when someone does the same thing to him that he does to others.

Jul 10, 2006
i'm not doubting that u are italian or a italy fan to be honest i really don't care! support any team u want its not my life nor can i tell u who u should support.
i was just asking if we r still talking about that topic! had this topic months ago with amauri
I know, I didn't think you were, was just throwing my $.02 in on the subject. :)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
On another note, Italy really sucks. The result is hiding the truth that is really poor. They need to rejuvenate squad, to give chance to youth and stop play same players, players that they played decade ago too. Many here are saying how England NT sucks, and how they are destroying their own football, but still tonight I didn't saw much good in Italy either, where are those bright talents ready to flame football world??

here is your answer: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under21/teams/team=200066/index.html

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Average game, terrible refferee, he started harsh by giving red card and than he stopped, it's ridicoulus as someone said it before, there was much worse tackle on Pirlo without card given. I didn't saw Grosso elbowing, and the only right decision was to cancel that own goal. By mine interpretation defender wouldn't touch the ball if the refferee blew offside.

America played good, even though there wasn't many chances America was more concrete team in the first half. In the second Italy took things and won. Was it deserved? I don't know, but if Americans played with 11 players for the whole game I'm sure that we would see draw.

On another note, Italy really sucks. The result is hiding the truth that is really poor. They need to rejuvenate squad, to give chance to youth and stop play same players, players that they played decade ago too. Many here are saying how England NT sucks, and how they are destroying their own football, but still tonight I didn't saw much good in Italy either, where are those bright talents ready to flame football world??
Best post of the day. Someone who actually knows football.:tup:

+REP

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Why is everyone bringing race into it ?

football = sport and entertainment

ppl are allowed to support who ever they want. Are we going to start claiming that only americans can support Mayweather in boxing ?

Im sure supporting italy or america wasnt the deciding factor of todays result
it's an non comunist forum :D, u'll get used tot the atmosphere soon..

Apr 12, 2004
I plan to as soon as my son is out of high school. :)
:scarf:

Pack your bags, JuveVinny.

Bye, bye.

ppl are allowed to support who ever they want. Are we going to start claiming that only americans can support Mayweather in boxing ?

No, but if it were the olympics, yea, I would only support the American boxers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You're missing the point. Since virtually anyone can obtain an Italian citizenship, no one is restricted from being an Italian national team player, thus why should non-italians be restricted from being Azzurri fans?
You aren't an Italian citizen until you're an Italian citizen.

One can play for Juventus without being an Italian citizen.

Is that so hard to understand?

Sheesh, it's not a very difficult concept.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

You're right. What country was the ref from? Fuck his country. Fuck it hard!:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Ok, you American fans are whining because Clark was sent off instead of getting a yellow card. And you are whining because you didn't get a couple of penalties. Let us just say that Clark never got sent off. Do you seriously think you would win the game with that type of football? And what, you can't score goals without penalties?

Don't take anything personal (even though I know I will cause some of you to flame my ass :D)
America were owning Italy's ass & simply put they were stunned by their work ethic,determination & the americans were outrunning italy in the first half.Had Clark not been sent off Italy would be in deep shit right now.I dont rate landon donovan but he was running at Chiellini & Legro & they were shit scared to tackle the man.

Put your Italian bias aside.

Apr 12, 2004
Ummm, because they aren't Italian, they don't have citizenship. You answered your own question.
Am I being an asshole because I'm turning the tables on Andy and he's having a seizure? Maybe he should be more respectful to people on this board and not do things like wish career ending injuries on players.

Personally I don't care who you cheer from or where you're from but it's fun to see this guy flip out when someone does the same thing to him that he does to others.
Coming from you that statement means very little actually.
Well, your posts don't mean anything to anyone because you have no rep here because you are a newbie.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
:lol2:

Why do you have to support anybody? Can't one enjoy football without declaring support for one particular country? :confused2
yeah but whats the point? I think its quite natural that you tend to start supporting a team in NT football competitions (especially if your from Papua New Guinea or smth like that :D). Its just not as fascinating if you watch all those tournaments without supporting any team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)