FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (45 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm still trying to figure out how an American who hates Italy (and even some players on Juve) and is all about loyalty to his country can cheer for Juventus.

Maybe he needed a big team to cheer for? Maybe he is a mock fan?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
ßüякε;2035665 said:
no, they represent themselves.

This is like saying that if Juve were out, you guys would support Milan, or Inter, or Roma, or Viola because they "represent Italy." Which is not true. half of you guys root against them if juve are out and pull for Arsenal or Barca over Inter or Milan.
:tup:

Jul 10, 2006
are we still discussing the rossi and the i'm no italian but italy fan?
lol. I'm American, but my heritage is Italian and my name is Italian. And anyone from close knit Italian-American families will tell you that they don't let "Italy" get too far away.

Hell, the first soccer match I ever watched was the '82 World Cup final with my family, there was no doubting we were Italians that day.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
ßüякε;2035666 said:
Where are you from, Mikey?
I live in Toronto now but I have Italian citizenship. That makes me untouchable according to Andy.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
so what?...their are called italiens, if they get to play in an ucl final with real madrid, the announcers will call it an italian-spanish derby, no matter how many italians will play for inter.
sorry but no they are called cocksuckers don't u know?
i give a fuck about inter they could be the only team from serie a in cl i would cheer for the other team

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
inter don't even have italian players :snoop:
:lol2:

I don't know dude, I've supported Italy since I was a little kid. I have no idea what a mock fan is but if you want me to support my country instead, I can't because Armenia as it right now, is not my "Armenia", it's really "East Armenia", as I'm from the West. Being born in Lebanon doesn't help me either because I'm not Lebanese. My passport you say? It's not Armenian or Lebanese, it's Syrian only because my great grandparents had to flee there because of the genocide. And I was raised in the U.A.E nearly my entire life.

What team do you want me to support Burke ?

I'll stick with the one I've found a passion to since I was a little kid, and that is Italy.
Why do you have to support anybody? Can't one enjoy football without declaring support for one particular country? :confused2

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm still trying to figure out how an American who hates Italy (and even some players on Juve) and is all about loyalty to his country can cheer for Juventus.

Maybe he needed a big team to cheer for? Maybe he is a mock fan?
I don't hate Italy, you fucking reject.

Apr 12, 2004
lol. I'm American, but my heritage is Italian and my name is Italian. And anyone from close knit Italian-American families will tell you that they don't let "Italy" get too far away.

Hell, the first soccer match I ever watched was the '82 World Cup final with my family, there was no doubting we were Italians that day.
Cry me a river. If you love Italy that much then go back.

aoshimy

May 31, 2009
I don't know dude, I've supported Italy since I was a little kid. I have no idea what a mock fan is but if you want me to support my country instead, I can't because Armenia as it right now, is not my "Armenia", it's really "East Armenia", as I'm from the West. Being born in Lebanon doesn't help me either because I'm not Lebanese. My passport you say? It's not Armenian or Lebanese, it's Syrian only because my great grandparents had to flee there because of the genocide. And I was raised in the U.A.E nearly my entire life.

What team do you want me to support Burke ?

I'll stick with the one I've found a passion to since I was a little kid, and that is Italy.
Exactly! It's what you find the passion for, not what's written in your passport!

mondo1

May 14, 2006

i'm not doubting that u are italian or a italy fan to be honest i really don't care! support any team u want its not my life nor can i tell u who u should support.
i was just asking if we r still talking about that topic! had this topic months ago with amauri

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Average game, terrible refferee, he started harsh by giving red card and than he stopped, it's ridicoulus as someone said it before, there was much worse tackle on Pirlo without card given. I didn't saw Grosso elbowing, and the only right decision was to cancel that own goal. By mine interpretation defender wouldn't touch the ball if the refferee blew offside.

America played good, even though there wasn't many chances America was more concrete team in the first half. In the second Italy took things and won. Was it deserved? I don't know, but if Americans played with 11 players for the whole game I'm sure that we would see draw.

On another note, Italy really sucks. The result is hiding the truth that is really poor. They need to rejuvenate squad, to give chance to youth and stop play same players, players that they played decade ago too. Many here are saying how England NT sucks, and how they are destroying their own football, but still tonight I didn't saw much good in Italy either, where are those bright talents ready to flame football world??

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
ßüякε;2035665 said:
no, they represent themselves.

This is like saying that if Juve were out, you guys would support Milan, or Inter, or Roma, or Viola because they "represent Italy." Which is not true. half of you guys root against them if juve are out and pull for Arsenal or Barca over Inter or Milan.
i don't give a damn about the ideea that i gotta support milan or inter for "italy's pride" or the ideea that i got to care about how italy is represented if i am a juve fan... And i support italy too but not against romania, that's for sure.

Mar 10, 2009
Why is everyone bringing race into it ?

football = sport and entertainment

ppl are allowed to support who ever they want. Are we going to start claiming that only americans can support Mayweather in boxing ?

Im sure supporting italy or america wasnt the deciding factor of todays result

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)