Fifa 2004 (14 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Okay, I've just gone and played it for 10 minutes, and here's some random thoughts:

1. The game felt slow, but then again I had it on 'fast' instead of 'fastest'.

2. It's really hard to shoot and get it on target, no matter where you are.

3. There's no safe tackle button anymore, even pressing 'D' can cause fouls

4. Okay, I figured out the Off The Ball movement thing, so here's how it goes. Press 'Z', and numbers from 1-3 will appear above 3 players' heads. Pressing Z again selects one of these 3 players. You're still controlling your original man, but if you hold down Shift and press the movement keys, the movement will apply to the man you've got selected. IMO this'll take a whole lof of getting used to, since you have to make runs and prevent your passer from being tackled, since you can't control them at the same time.

5. The dirty shorts seem a bit exhaggerated. It's the same patch of thick dirt near the thigh area...

6. The graphics look pretty good, and the faces are quite well done

7. Passing seems a bit difficult. Even after i've made a guy run into position for a pass, when I press the pass key, I kick it a completely different direction. This may be because EA have implemented into FIFA2004 a system similar to Winning Eleven's freestyle passing i.e. it passes whichever way you want it to, instead of to a certain player... though this may be hard, as a keyboard direction pad gives you far less range of movement than an analog pad. The 'S' and 'W' keys appear to be the keys for passing. If Fifa 2003 is anything to go by, I guess 'W' is the "through ball" key... though it's weird, because the symptom i described earlier (passing in a completely different direction) occurred while using the 'S' key... so maybe 'W' is the one that makes it go to the player... that makes sense. Sorry, that was a very confusing description, I'm just typing whatever comes into my head...

8. Pirlo missed two penalties :LOL:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #122
    Hahah thanks mate...very very usefull information you post there..

about the OFT...yes you can have control of both players,,receiver and passer...but i dont know how can it be done in PC. I saw a PS2 video...and to do that..you need the 2 analog sticks of the PS2 control. I saw how the player moved both guys at pleasure, in that way you can defend the passer too. BUt is a very complex maneuver.

Thanks a lot dude.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

about the OFT...yes you can have control of both players,,receiver and passer...but i dont know how can it be done in PC. I saw a PS2 video...and to do that..you need the 2 analog sticks of the PS2 control. I saw how the player moved both guys at pleasure, in that way you can defend the passer too. BUt is a very complex maneuver.

Thanks a lot dude.
    No problem ;)

Hey, that's really crappy if you can't do it on the PC version. I can just imagine how awesome it'd feel using the analog sticks to control both players :touched:

:down: I don't think I'll be able to use the new feature to its proper potential :down:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    can someone tell me what the juve players look like and how the pink kit is.

from what i have seen delpiero looks pathetic except for his face his body and hair sucks, i will buy it anyway dough.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I didn't get a chance to see many of them up close, but DP looks okay, though I'd prefer they weren't so realistic, and kept his old haircut... he looks a bit like Camo with bald hair :groan: The only other player I saw was Neddy, whose face looked a bit too squashed, but they kept his 'beak' nose, and his hair looks okay.

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #126
    Yeah...dp looks good...we are talking about a computer game,,so we cant expect a photography ;)

IMO the juve player that is almost identhical is trezeguet. The most pathetic of all is Camoranesi...jaja you have to see him!! :eek:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Yeah...dp looks good...we are talking about a computer game,,so we cant expect a photography ;)

IMO the juve player that is almost identhical is trezeguet. The most pathetic of all is Camoranesi...jaja you have to see him!! :eek:
    well a lot of the other players are, look at beckham and raul and they are not even on the cover or anything i think more effort shuda been put into delpiero henry and ronhaldiniho i know that sounds selfigh but still they cuda at least give del piero spikey hair for **** sake.:D

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #130
    is this

buffon
    thutam ferara legro zambo
    camo nedved tach davids
    delp trez

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #132
    camoranesi is ugly"!"!!

they used a generic face on him i think!!

he looks like no one of juve players.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    i wont start camo any way my formation will be if possible:

-------------------buffon-------------------------

---thuram-------legrot--------zambrotta-----

--------------------tachi--------------------------

-----------appigh--------davids------------------

---miccoli--------nedved----------delpiero-----

--------------------treze---------------------------

Jul 28, 2002
    ferrara, tacchi camo are all generic faces, jus meant to have sum resemblance.

tell u what, imo this game is very very very good, u can play football slowly jus like real life.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    i seen a pic of tchi and i thought he look great, i think he had a hair band and everything maybe he just aint like that in the demo.

Jul 28, 2002

Thanks a lot dude.
    you can easily control two player at the time, u jsu need a gamepad with two analogue sticks

OP
    Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #139
    Damm, i want the game now :(

I already played the demo and is cool.

Del piero can do a lot of cool moves...

And Nedved, jeje the guy has a super shoot that can beat any keeper.

Shevcchenkko is very fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)