FIFA 15 (36 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not difficult, its just that for some reason generally speaking the Japanese devs have had a knack for making nice footie gameplay but have had it backwards when it comes to overall picture design and such. Not that I think FIFA's athmosphere is anything special either.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well, PES got great reviews from pretty much everyone and I really like it more then Fifa this year.

are you gonna buy it and did you play both?

im still thinking about which one im gonna buy so it would be good if someone who played both can tell which one is better this year...

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
are you gonna buy it and did you play both?

im still thinking about which one im gonna buy so it would be good if someone who played both can tell which one is better this year...
I have it and I like it over Fifa. The gameplay's just better and it's not as scripted as the EA counterpart.
Though, I'd suggest you try the demo's first, if you haven't done already.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Has the game been cracked already?
I have the PES which is nice although when you press the pc they can hardly go past the middle...
I`m waiting for FM to be cracked (not the beta version)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hmm I allways been a PES player (for like 12 years almost), and first year I try to conform to everyone else and for the first time consider maybe buying FIFA (don't have console yet tho), I check info here and there to convince myself, instead I run into comments and reviews of how my old love is looking sexier then ever...
Pretty much my situation, although I didn't buy FIFA, it was given to me. I guess I'm going to have that awkward transition of trying to get back into playing PES again.

FIFA has been pretty fun, but I've never liked their gameplay or animations.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
I have seen and read that PES is pretty good this year but I still can't justify purchasing it. I can't tell you myself because I haven't played it but many outlets are saying PES has the better gameplay thanks to player movement, Team mate AI and Computer AI, and possibly the graphics (but that's still debatable in my opinion), but other than that, I think FIFA still has PES beat. FIFA has all the licensing, much more depth, fun gameplay, FUT and presentation that beats PES every year. I could really carless about CL license and the COPA license, Id rather have teams called by the actual name rather than being Mancester Blue and Mancester Red (like what they're called in PES). The kits don't have any official licensing either.

I don't know, fun game play or not, FIFA has PES beat still. The gameplay might be marginally better, but FIFA's gameplay is still fun and I still get all the features that come with it. Plus PES is not trying to do something similar to FUT, but I think it looks terrible. Just my 2 cents.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
After having played a couple of games in PES as well I think their gameplay much much more realistic than FIFA, which seems extremely arcade-like. Of course this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it's perhaps more entertaining and spectacular as well. Dribbling and shooting feels a bit smoother with FIFA too, but in terms of positioning it can't touch PES. The latter might actually be the first football game I've ever played where defending genuinely works.

The real problem with PES is however that online and carreer mode sucks balls compared to FIFA

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm just glad that Konami have gone back to making a game which plays superbly, because without it they had absolutely nothing to offer in recent years. 10+ years ago less people gave a shit about all the other things like licensing and online, they just played the game. I think the younger generation now are raised on FIFA and maybe need to have everything licensed as it bothers them more than those of us who grew up with the 90s and 00s Konami releases that always had fake names.

Now it's all about online, FUT, career modes etc, people want lots of modes and shiny things.

Honestly, if Konami could sort out it's garbage online mode to just have a basic online ML or UT version there would be no issue with this game. If you are bothered about fake names, emblems and kits wait a month or so and there are loads of option files and mods flying around.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Honestly the licensing doesn't really bother me, but I like carreer mode, and if player growth and transfer systems are fucked up that's a problem.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah me too. They failed with ML Online too many times, it's laughable how they had to keep patching it. But at least this time they didn't rush to get the game out before FIFA to the extent that the basic modes weren't even finished :lol:

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #413
    I'm just glad that Konami have gone back to making a game which plays superbly, because without it they had absolutely nothing to offer in recent years. 10+ years ago less people gave a shit about all the other things like licensing and online, they just played the game. I think the younger generation now are raised on FIFA and maybe need to have everything licensed as it bothers them more than those of us who grew up with the 90s and 00s Konami releases that always had fake names.

Now it's all about online, FUT, career modes etc, people want lots of modes and shiny things.

Honestly, if Konami could sort out it's garbage online mode to just have a basic online ML or UT version there would be no issue with this game. If you are bothered about fake names, emblems and kits wait a month or so and there are loads of option files and mods flying around.
    Those option files are PC only or?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Those option files are PC only or?
    PC - mods, basically anything can be added

PS3 - option file, entails individually copying and pasting files to suit. Can include png images for logos, kits etc. Looks almost PC-level completed. Needs a formatted USB.

Xbox 360 - option file, essentially you copy over your existing editing file. Needs a formatted USB above 20 Gig. All graphics on these option files have been created by editors, because of Microsoft restrictions.

Xbox One - cloud file share method, an option/editing file which is constantly updated by an editing team. It essentially means that you can play offline modes with this edited file, but if you want to play online you need to create a second in game profile which includes your own edit file.

PS4 - as far as I know this console isn't compatible with option files, because of the lack of media function that the previous console had, plus the HDD format.

tl;dr both Microsoft and Sony are cocksuckers.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
    So can anyone answer this, are there option files for PS4??
    No, there aren't any for PS4.
    Sony does not allow PNG's(Images) or almost anything else being copied on it via USB stick.

Therefore you can only try to do stuff on your own with some help of the guys on the pesgaming forums etc.

I'm currently working a lot on editing and I'm almost done with Monchengladbach and Dortmund. BVB isn't that hard as most players are on International teams and can be copied to the created team.

BTW: Here's the first half of Torino vs Gladbach with kits and player models.

@JuveJay:
    Well, they even started something like a UT version but you can only buy scouts and then you'll draw a player. The best player I got was because of a pre-order bonus and it was Sergio Ramos. Other the that my top players always seem to be from South America or something like that.
    @zizinho: Yes, that's Gunter Netzer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)