Ferrari ready to move on (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ferrari gears up for exit
Wednesday 31 March, 2004

Parma captain Matteo Ferrari has put himself on the transfer market given the uncertain future of the club.

The Gialloblu are looking for a new owner after major backers Parmalat pulled out earlier this season, following their financial collapse.

That has led to reports that a host of the outfit’s best players are to be sold and Ferrari is hoping to be one of them.

"It’s getting tough at Parma," said the 25-year-old, who should play against Portugal this evening.

"We are going through some very difficult times and we don’t even know for sure whether the club will survive.

"Given the situation, I would be happy if another club comes forward to sign me."

Ferrari was heavily linked with a January move to Juventus but no agreement could be reached between the two sides.

The Bianconeri are set to renew their interest at the end of the season but they do have a number of other defensive options.

Another player that is definitely set to leave Parma is goalkeeper Sebastien Frey. "At this moment in time a move to Arsenal is most likely," revealed his agent Vincenzo Morabito.

There have been reports that Inter may also be interested but Morabito claimed that the player would probably leave Italy.

source - www.channel4.com/footballitalia

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
heck, i only glanced thru....and saw arsenal. i thot ferrari is being linked to them.....my bad :embarass:

moggi, are u reading this? :D

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    I'm pretty confident that Ferrari is Juve bound, but we need another quality defender, maybe two, if we want to return to the days of cleansheets.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    I've never really seen Ferrari, do you all think he would be a good signing?

I've heard a lot about him, and Mexes too, mostly on this forum, but just how do they compare to the top defenders?

I'd consider the top / wordclass defenders to be Nesta, Samuel, Maldini, possibly Stam, maybe even a pre-Inter Cannavaro. I think Juve needs to have a player on this level (all the top teams need at least one worldclass central defender) - are Mexes and Ferrari this good - or ever likely to be this good?

I would honestly put Thuram into this category but he cannot be as influential on the Juve defence as he plays on the right.

If Mexes or Ferrari are as good as everyone makes out, one of those alongside Thuram in the middle would be fantastic.

If only Moggi had gone for Nesta - why he never did is something I'll never ever understand.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Both Mexes and Ferrari is sweeper type centeral defender with an idea for reading the game.

Mexes has higher potential, IMO, because he is very good physically as well whereas Ferrari is not the fastest defender you will find on earth. Both are very good with passes, even though I think Ferrari may have slight advantage in this department.

Anyway, I doubt both Ferrari and Mexes will join this summer because such young centeral partnership rarely works. I expect the team to go after one veteran defender i.e. Samuel, Stam, Canna, Lucio to partner young defender Mexes, Ferrari, Bonera, and co.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    Both Mexes and Ferrari is sweeper type centeral defender with an idea for reading the game.

Mexes has higher potential, IMO, because he is very good physically as well whereas Ferrari is not the fastest defender you will find on earth. Both are very good with passes, even though I think Ferrari may have slight advantage in this department.

Anyway, I doubt both Ferrari and Mexes will join this summer because such young centeral partnership rarely works. I expect the team to go after one veteran defender i.e. Samuel, Stam, Canna, Lucio to partner young defender Mexes, Ferrari, Bonera, and co.
    Lucio and Ferrari sounds very good to me. They're both better and younger than our current defenders. I just hope we get somebody to back-up Thuram at rightback, in case he sucks next year too.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexes is definetly the man.
    I was very impressed with how he dealt Henry last year in the CL (And Kapo future-Juventini-to be scored a wondergoal :D).

As for experienced defender,
    I pecsonally believe Samuel is really a dream, and hence I wouldnt mind Lucio at sensible price. I rate him as a better defender than most people here (minus stupid charge and mistakes;))

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    i have seen ferrari couple of times... but definitey after seen the wonderfull tackles he did today against portugal...this guy will be an improve to MOntero´s legcutter tackles!.

He is definitely a good prospect... lets go for him.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
    I've never really seen Ferrari, do you all think he would be a good signing?

I've heard a lot about him, and Mexes too, mostly on this forum, but just how do they compare to the top defenders?

I'd consider the top / wordclass defenders to be Nesta, Samuel, Maldini, possibly Stam, maybe even a pre-Inter Cannavaro. I think Juve needs to have a player on this level (all the top teams need at least one worldclass central defender) - are Mexes and Ferrari this good - or ever likely to be this good?

I would honestly put Thuram into this category but he cannot be as influential on the Juve defence as he plays on the right.

If Mexes or Ferrari are as good as everyone makes out, one of those alongside Thuram in the middle would be fantastic.

If only Moggi had gone for Nesta - why he never did is something I'll never ever understand.
    Imo Mexes and Ferrari have the potential to be world-class defenders in the future, and though I think they would definitely improve our current defence and form a brilliant central defensive partnership, one problem would be lack of experience, that's why Lucio, Samuel or Stam would come in very very handy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)