Ferrari ready to move on (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

ohh, right.. I totally forgot him.. he's close too.. I heard him in an interview saying that it would be a dream come true, if he plays with Juve..

his contract with Ajax expires this summer, right..?
yep. unless he signed a new one

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, unfortunatly he did sign a new one, so I would rather get Puyol and 10 mil in exchange for Trez. Puyol and Ferrari would make our defense as good as any, even Milan's.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
why count trez as a failed french player with juve..? he did well with juve..

if you are counting this year.. then, all the squad have failed..not only trez..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

ohh, right.. I totally forgot him.. he's close too.. I heard him in an interview saying that it would be a dream come true, if he plays with Juve ..

his contract with Ajax expires this summer, right..?

:groan:. I also want to play for Juve, that doesn't mean Moggi is going to buy me.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yes sure, but Juve haven't looked at him as far as I know. Also here in the Netherlands, when talked about Trabelsi noone ever says anything about Trabelsi to Juve. More about Trabelsi to the premiership, or Nedved to Chelsea....

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
why count trez as a failed french player with juve..? he did well with juve..

if you are counting this year.. then, all the squad have failed..not only trez..
he is curently the joint 3rd top scorer .. so would say this year, all the squad have failed except Trez....

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Trez has failed for Juve??

Did I miss something? I haven't been gone that long. Why is everyone trying to make Trez out to be more than what he actually is, which is a static striker who relies on his teammates to put him in a position to succeed? If he came in here being hailed as a do-it-all striker a la a Roberto baggio and he hasn't done the job, then that's one thing, but his job is to score goals, and he does that at a fairly successful clip.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Trez has failed for Juve??

Did I miss something? I haven't been gone that long. Why is everyone trying to make Trez out to be more than what he actually is, which is a static striker who relies on his teammates to put him in a position to succeed? If he came in here being hailed as a do-it-all striker a la a Roberto baggio and he hasn't done the job, then that's one thing, but his job is to score goals, and he does that at a fairly successful clip.
Actually, Trez was brought in to fight for a position in the squad. If we can bring in a more completet player to fight for and win Trez's position, then our team will be stronger for it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
However, getting a replacement for Trez, a more complete striker perhaps (Gilardino, for example), and calling Trez a failure are two totally different things, don't you think?

Jul 12, 2002
However, getting a replacement for Trez, a more complete striker perhaps (Gilardino, for example), and calling Trez a failure are two totally different things, don't you think?
Yeah, but you've got to admit that he hasn't really lived up to his billing the past two years. I mean, he was supposed to be for us what Henry, RVN, or Shevchenko are for their teams. He has not kept up the goal-scoring pace.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
To me, Henry and Shevchenko are superior players, and RVN has been surrounded with more talent, but a very similar player to Trez.

Jul 12, 2002
To me, Henry and Shevchenko are superior players, and RVN has been surrounded with more talent, but a very similar player to Trez.
Surrounded with more talent? I think that the service from the Man U midfield is about as good as the service from our midfield, and RVN never has anybody like Del Piero...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
agree.... Henry, Shevchenko and Ronaldo are three class strikers who IMO head and shoulders above others.. i think it is safe to say that Treze supporters and critizers alike agreed that Treze is uncomparable to those 3. So please lets stop comparing them to Trez as its not like we have any chance of getting them anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)